Live Like a King in the Heart of the Cotswolds
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Painswick estate description
• Fully equipped kitchen with breakfast table.
• Large sitting room with huge 3D TV and Satellite channels. Large original open fireplace.
• Second sitting room with open fireplace and office area.
• Guests washroom
• Wooden panelled dinner room with impressive dining table seating up to 20 guests
• Stunning Courtroom with original 16th century fireplace and panelled walls with large sofas encircling the fireplace.
• Hidden door leads via original stone staircase to a vaulted games room with full length snooker table, TV and bar area.
Lower Ground Floor
• Fully equipped gym with running machine, weights, cross trainer and flat screen TV.
• Wine cellar
• King Charles Suite: Master bedroom with full size king bed, flat screen TV, en-suite bathroom and dressing room.
• Henrietta Maria Suite: Double bed (can be twin) with beautiful views over the gardens.
• Monarchy Suite: Double bed with sitting area and window seat with views over gardens
• Shared bathroom between Henrietta Marie Suite and Monarchy Suite.
• Royalist Suite: Assessed via a private staircase onto a landing with double bedroom to the right and an en-suite bathroom to the left.
• Stuart Suite: Double bedroom with vaulted ceiling and original beams. En-suite shower room.
• Gloucester Suite: Double bedroom with beautiful original wooden floorboards. Has private separate bathroom with bath and shower.
• Buckingham Suite: Vaulted ceiling double bedroom with en-suite shower room.
Computer for client's use
Hot Tub/ Jacuzzi
Pool - Fenced/Gated
Pool/ Billard table
Satellite TV with English Channels
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Car Available
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, Beds for 14
Bathrooms: 9 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Living Room
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Pool Table
- Game Room
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Fly Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Freshwater Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Painswick - the 'Queen of the Cotswolds' Not least because of its picturesque appearance and convenient location from which to explore the heart of the Cotswolds but most excitingly, if Painswick is the 'Queen of the Cotswolds' then Court house is its King - Princely not in just its size and stature, but in the mere fact that King Charles I himself stayed at this very home and held court here during the Siege of Gloucester in 1643. Legend has it he still haunts the grounds of Painswick and it's been well documented that the people of Painswick have seen his ghost along with his loyal men dressed in their Armour. But don't let that put you off - staying at Painswick Court not only affords its guests a slice of pure country living but offers a rare opportunity to walk in the footsteps of a British Monarch - and even sleep in the same room as he did over 400 years ago. All this as well as shops, pubs and fine restaurants all in walking distance - Painswick is without a doubt the place to stay this year. The historical wealth of the area is not just confined to the property - Painswick itself boasts several points of interest and hosts an array of traditional events to immerse yourself in. Built of mellow Cotswold stone from the local quarry on Painswick Beacon the town's many beautiful buildings can be seen as you wander around its quaint and narrow, often cobbled, streets. From the popular Rococo Gardens founded in the eighteenth century by Benjamin Hyett and today the last surviving example of this frivolous Georgian movement when gardens took on a new role of being a less formal haven in which to let loose and have fun. To the imposing St Mary's Church dating back to the late fourteenth century with its ninety nine beautifully manicured yew trees that dominate the churchyard - these yew trees were planted in 1792 and legend has it that a hundredth can never grow because the devil will always pull it out! This is yet another example of the fascinating myths and fairy tales that surround this exceptional attractive Cotswold village making it the ideal place for families to not only live like a King but to truly understand the history of the English countryside....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 29 - Jan 4
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
- Taxes Not included
We can offer situational discounts depending on time of the year/number of guests.
A 10% deposit is required on booking and we normally ask for full payment 1 month prior to arrival.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Bristol at 50 Miles
Why the Owner Chose Painswick:
You will not find a better example of British countryside. Painswick is at the top of a valley and offers stunning views of English heritage. Court House is a listed building which seeps history through its walls, each room tells a tale of its own. As you enter the front gates you're instantly taken by its granduor, you truly will never forget your stay at Court House.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Within 50 meters of one of the most beautiful churches in the cotswolds. Court house offers a sauna, fire pit and cinema room located in a separate building.
- Primary: +44 1452814849
- Secondary: +0044 07786331872
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, April 17, 2014
8 Bedroom / 9 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.