Unique House Surrounded by Wildlife on Beach and in Forest
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Limon house description
Casa Grande is a beautiful timber house built on pillars to give commanding views, from a huge three sided balcony, overlooking sea and lagoon. It has 3 bedrooms. One has a queen size bed & single bed with ensuite half bathroom. On the other end of the house there is a double and a twin bedroom sharing half bathroom. Solar heated shower is on ground floor.
Open plan wood panel kitchen, dining and sitting room located between the bedrooms, with big windows front and back. Often you can see monkeys just behind the house.
The rent of Casa Grande includes 3 delicious meals a day for all occupants, prepared and cooked in the Reserve's main kitchen (200 yards away). Breakfast and dinner can be had at Casa Grande, for lunch guests are asked to come to Baulas, our beach-side dining room. Guests are also free to use Casa Grande's kitchen.
The house is set in a big informal tropical garden which joins the forest on one side and the beach on the other.
The balcony is a perfect place for birdwatching from all 3 sides and, the lagoon with its aquatic birds and crocodiles is only 50 yards away. Monkeys (three species) frequently come to the forest immediately behind the house.
- 180 m²
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Included In Price
- Dinner - Included In Price
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Included In Price
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoking Allowed
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms, 2 Half Bathrooms
- On the ground floor there is shower with solar heated hot water
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Ping Pong Table
- Lawn / Garden:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain Biking
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Join biologists- field assistants patrolling the beach at night, witness the turtle's nesting process. Boat trip along the Tortuguero Canal see aquatic birds, freshwater turtles, caimans,crocodiles and the forest that comes down to the water’s edge. Explore the 1000hectares of forest. Day or night time guided forest walks. Chance to see those amazing frogs you have seen on the postcards. Path runs 6 Kms to the North station northern boundary of the Reserve. Go by boat, bicycle or walking and return along the beach. Up in the north station enjoy delicious coconut water, walk through the Primary forest a unique experience. Don’t be surprised if you see a deer on the main trail or possibly a peccary. Keep an eye out for the big green iguanas. The forest in the Reserve holds 30 species of mammals and about 230 birds. After all this you might want to have a quiet afternoon in the hammock with your book and binoculars. Pacuare Nature Reserve was established in 1989 by an English charity, 'The Endangered Wildlife Trust'. For more information about the Reserve and Casa Grande please check www.turtleprotection.org ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 3 nights or more: $300 Nightly
|turtle nesting season
May 4 - Jul 31
3 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $350 Nightly
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: san juan santa maria at 160 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: San Jose - Limon at 15 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: beach at 10 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Julio on the Tortuguero Canal reached only by boat at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: julio on the Tortuguero Canal reached only by boat at 4 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1989
About the owner: John- grew up in England and Australia. Cambridge University. After a career in shipbroking bought the land on the East Coast of Costa Rica and established the Pacuare Nature Reserve in 1989 Hilda- grew up and studied in Caracas,Venezuela. Moved to the UK in 1988. After working as a psychotherapist for many years joined my husband John in running the reserve.
Why the Owner Chose Limon:
The 1000 Kms of land fronts a 6Km beach which is the most important nesting beach in Costa Rica for the critically endangered leatherback turtles. When John bought the land nearly all the turtle's nests were being lost to poachers and the land needed protection in order to recover from logging and cattle farming.Casa Grande was built first as a base from which to run the Reserve since become a comfortable home for friends and family. By being set apart from the rest of the accommodation of this working reserve it offers privacy and quiet.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The house was built in a beautiful location that also had the practical advantage of being at the end of the lagoon with its easy access by our boats from the canal. A major attraction was its nearness to the beach where we had the unforgettable experience of witnessing the giant turtles nesting.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, July 05, 2013
3 Bedroom / 0.5+ Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.