Summer 2014 Availability for Luxury Home, Kayak, Snorkel Gear, Champagne Pond
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Kapoho house description
Rare Summer Availability for our lovely home. We are offering the home exclusively for the months of July and August. Look at our calendar and select your week or two now. Take advantage of this opportunity to stay in our beautiful home.
Location: Kapoho, Champagne Ponds, Puna District, Big Island, Hawaii, USA (Gated Community With Warm Ocean Water Swimming!) View Map
Accommodations: House, 4 Bedrooms, 3 Baths (Sleeps 8). This is a wonderful location for a family reunion, or just a home to spread out in. This listing is for the entire home.
Fabulous new ocean view home with snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming only a block away! Nice home built with quality materials, and stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
*The main lanai upstairs, is over 300 square feet of comfort. The trade winds keep you cool, as you watch the ocean from the comfortable furnishings. Gaze at the stars at night and glory at the full moon, as it rises over the ocean. The lanai is equipped with wicker furniture, gurgling fountain and a 3 burner, top of the line, gas grill.
*The upstairs has two additional smaller lanais, to enjoy the peaceful view, overlooking a neighboring pond and our extensive gardens.
*The downstairs lanai boasts a Hot Tub and outdoor shower, as well comfortable wicker furniture. There are plenty of ‘outdoor’ towels to use after your hot tub or shower, conveniently located next to the shower.
* Upstairs Great Room: This large room is used for many purposes. With the knotty pine vaulted ceilings, wall to wall windows, and an incredibly open floor plan, you feel like you are still outside. There is a large living area complete with a grand dining area and an ocean view dining area. The large Kitchen and Bar are fun to work in. The Tommy Bahama furniture makes it a great place to relax and unwind. The upstairs stereo, compatible for Apple devices and MP3 devices, has a surround sound and speakers on the upstairs lanai, for your listening pleasure.
* Upstairs Kitchen: The kitchen has top of the line hardware including appliances, faucets, sharp knives, stainless pots and pans. There is a French press, a Mr. Coffee, plenty of tea strainers, Vita Mix blender, fresh fruit/vegetable juicer, toaster, mixing bowls, kitchen towels, flatware, serving pieces, cutting boards, even a pressure cooker. The bar area is equipped with sink, making your cocktail or coffee hours easy for you. The whole area is very functional, and part of the great room, so nobody misses any of the fun happenings.
*Downstairs Living Area: There is an entrance from the lower lanai, and this area hosts the television, the office area and plenty of extra kitchen space. There is a dining room table in the hallway and a beautiful teak sculpture of dolphins. The comfortable tropical furniture makes this a great place to hang out to watch some movies. Did we say movies? We have over 700 movie titles to choose from, all housed in a separate Wi-Fi storage disk. Complete instructions are provided for the TV, movies and sound system.
* Master Bedroom (Upstairs): Large room with a comfortable (not too hard, not too soft) Queen-sized bed, bay window, two dressers, nightstands, reading lamps, a large open air closet, ceiling fan, and an antique rocking chair for reading or relaxing.
* Master Bath: This bathroom is huge! It is covered with Travertine, on the floors, bath splash and in the large shower. The counter top is of granite and has two sinks. Of course there are towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap and a hair dryer.
* Second Bedroom (Upstairs): Comfortable Queen-sized bed, with a dresser, reading lamps, a comfortable chair and plenty of space to spread out. The ceiling fan helps keep this room cool and comfortable.
* Second Bathroom: This bathroom joins the second bedroom and functions as the powder room as well. It has a shower, with Travertine walls, plenty of room to hang your clothes, and toilet all in a good-sized bathroom. Fluffy towels, shampoo, conditioner, hand/body soap, and a hair dryer make it all work well. The shower area and toilet/sink area are separated by a beautiful knotty pine door, for privacy.
*Third Bedroom (Downstairs): This bedroom is located in the lower level and boasts a beautiful view of the orchid wall. The Queen sized bed is very comfortable and the room has a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, a desk and comfortable chairs.
*Fourth Bedroom (Downstairs): Is located in the lower level and is comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed and plenty of room for your luggage.
*Third Bathroom (Downstairs): This bathroom is located directly across the hall from the Third Bedroom and has a Travertine surround Jacuzzi tub and shower and Travertine floors. Naturally, there are plenty of fresh towels, shampoo/conditioner, body soap and a hair dryer.
* Office: The office are is located in the lower level and has free Wi-Fi, a comfortable office chair, and a built in desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an comfortable place to get the job done. There's also a door leading to the lower lanai, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (2 bicycles, 4 boogie boards, 1 two person kayak, and 1 surf board) are stored. There is plenty of snorkel gear, but we can't guarantee we'll have your size. This is also where the electric golf cart lives. As a renter, you may use this for to drive around the beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Dishwasher soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP in each bathroom. We don't want you to have to experience that.)
* Hair Dryers
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* Our home is built with top-quality materials with attention to every detail. The primary entry way on the Upstairs lanai boasts natural slate decking and beautiful front French doors. On the inside, the floors are all bamboo and the vaulted ceiling is of beautiful knotty pine. Each of the smaller lanais has French doors opening onto them. The smaller lanais are also floored with slate, as well as all of the other outdoor living areas. The stair well is stunning, with it’s combination of dark and light wood treads, dark wood handrails and privately commissioned bamboo mural. The upper Great Room has custom blown sconces that remind us of the beautiful heliconia that grace the entryway on the street level. There is plenty of room and light in this amazingly beautiful and comfortable home.
If there is no availability for the time you are interested in staying in the entire house, or you want something a little less expensive, check out renting just the lower level. The following listing is available when the entire house is NOT available.
Hawaii State Tax ID W08920333-01
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
There is a microwave on both levels of the home. Having the microwave in the lower level just makes life easier for watching movies and enjoying some popcorn! Yes, we have popcorn for you too!...moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
The garage is not available for your vehicle, but is where most of the toys are stored and you will have access to them. The owners have their vehicles stored here and these vehicles are off limits....moreless
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Living Room:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Game Room:
- Video Library:
Pool & Spa
- Communal Pool:
Lawn / Garden:
An expansive lawn, beautifully manicured. We have a big vegetable garden, that will be maintained during your stay by our yard staff. And you can harvest any of the products for your enjoyment...moreless
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- Don't forget - Hawaii Island has an active volcano. Drive about 20 miles, through the jungle on a coastal highway to view the lava entering the ocean. We're also just over an hour drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the historical Kilauea caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Hot/Warm Ponds, Champagne Pond, and Wai O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We stayed for 14 days and enjoyed every moment. The home is exactly as pictured and has many amenities, snorkel equipment, golf cart, bicycle to name a few. We especially enjoyed the golf cart, we were able to get around quickly and easily. A very big thank you to the owners for making it available for our use. The layout of the home is perfect for couples. We toured the area, snorkeled, visited Farmers Markets and had several great meals in Pahoa. We highly recommend visiting Onomea Tea Company near Hilo. Rob and Mike are wonderful hosts and the tea tasting is an incredible experience. I highly recommend this property.
- Guest Deanne H.
- Date of stay 01/18/14
- Review Submitted 02/13/14
Recommended for: Sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Owner response: Aloha Deanne We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Rob called to thank me for sending some of our guests his way, at the Onomea Tea Company. I just love their place...and the tea is like nothing I've ever had. Mahalo for the wonderful recommendation and I hope we get to have you here again someday. Aloha, Susan and John
Beautiful home, well worth the price. Very well stocked, they supplied more than enough towels, toiletries, and extras in the kitchen. Everything you would need for a stay away from home. Loved the location, we walked around the community and the homes there were all beautiful and friendly neighbors. We were surprised we were so close to the champagne ponds, which was on our list of things to see anyway. Very clean, well maintained home, beautiful furnishings, all the beds were very very comfortable. The weather in this area can be muggier than other parts of the island, but it is well worth it for the scenery around there and it is nicely located for sightseeing.
- Guest Murray (Saskatchewan CANADA)
- Date of stay 01/12/14
- Review Submitted 02/04/14
Owner response: We are so glad that you enjoyed our home. It must have been a nice break from the winter chill of Saskatchewan. As for being muggy...I suppose we are used to it. We are thankful for the trade winds that keep things more comfortable. Tropical rain forests...ocean breezes. Much aloha to you. Susan and John
Beautiful home in Kapoho
Beautiful home in Kapoho
We arrived late, it was dark, and tried to follow our GPS to the lockbox, which misled us. Thankfully, we had the phone number to call. The owners did a great job of giving directions so my advice is to follow their directions and not your GPS. The home was stunning! We were wishing we had stayed longer on this side of the island (3 nights). The home has everything you could possibly need including toiletries, all kitchenwear and appliance needs, directions on how to maintain the home (avoid bugs), a huge movie library (which we were too tired to watch when we got back from our outings), an easy walk and/or golf cart ride to Champagne Pond. We had wonderful weather while we were here with only a few short shower bursts. I most highly recommend this property for a stay while you are in Hawaii. We will recommend it to our family and friends.
- Guest Mama vacation planner (Colorado)
- Date of stay 08/07/13
- Review Submitted 08/16/13
Recommended for: Tourists without a car, adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
Owner response: Aloha Chantal. We are so glad that you enjoyed your time in our home and in little corner of paradise. I hope we get to have you again sometime. Susan and John
New Summer Discounts for Luxury Home, Kayak, Snorkel Gear, Wifi, Champagne Pond
New Summer Discounts for Luxury Home, Kayak, Snorkel Gear, Wifi, Champagne Pond
This is a beautiful home with everything you'd ever want for a luxury vacation. We've had the pleasure of staying here twice for several weeks each time. The first time they were renevating parts of it and this past time the home renovations were done. There is so much to see and do at the home, in the neighborhood and on the island. The listing description is accurate and the photo's reflect what you get. The owners are gracious people and go above board to make you feel like it's your home while you are there. We'd recommend this to our best friends and family. We did bring all our family with us the first trip and they loved it. Our favorite restaurant is Kaleo's in Pahoa, a ten minute drive, make reservations, make sure you have the owners home made cheese cake, a taste of heaven, coconut prawns, calamari, all to die for. Did I say we love Kaleo's, oh so good! We loved Pahoa's and Makuu and Hilo's Farmers markets, and all the fresh fruit and produce. Try the apple banana's, awesome. Driving to Hawaii's Volcano Natonal Park was great, stayed for the evening to see the action. Also love the Atkatsuka Orchid Gardens in Volcano, Hi, it's on the way to the volcano national park. The Kanapala-Kapoho Beach Road is our favorite drive during the day! We also love the Wednesday evening music and locals food and wares down the road at Kalapana, go listen, eat, dance etc (also be sure to have lunch at the Kalapana Village Cafe, best hamburger ever). Pana'ewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens in Pahoa is nice. Loved Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens, Hilo, HI. The Alae Cemetery, Hilo, Hawaii was quite interesting, never have seen anything like it. The list is endless and the owners have written up a book for you so you won't miss a thing to see or do. Be sure to read it as soon as you arrive so you won't miss their favorites.
- Guest Marlys (Seattle, WA USA)
- Date of stay 09/30/12
- Review Submitted 06/14/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with young children, people with disabilities, age 55+.
Owner response: Thank you for your great review. You sure made your way around the island, during both of your stays, and your list of activities is incredible. We haven't had a chance to do all of those things. It appears we need to take some 'tourist in your own home' days. For any potential guests, this couple agreed to house sit for us, during the renovation and again two years later.
Amazing Big Island experience!
Amazing Big Island experience!
My friend and I were staying at this beautiful B&B on the big island of Hawaii. We slept there for 3 nights and wished we´d never have to leave. This place is absolutely paradise on earth. The owners are super friendly and open minded and open for wonderful conversations. I would definitely recommend staying at this B&B to all my friends and family. If you want to feel like home away from home and enjoy beautiful Hawaii, you´ve come to the right place! The garden offers fresh produce and fruits/ vegetables are soo delicious! Can´t wait to come back and pick my own breakfast.
- Guest Valeska (Sweden)
- Date of stay 05/27/12
- Review Submitted 05/26/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, age 55+.
Owner response: Our guest from Germany was here during the days of our Couchsurf hosting. Now, we are a full fledged vacation rental. It was a delight having you both here. Thanks for the great review and we hope you can come back again!
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Jun 1 - Oct 31, 2014
5 night min stay
Nov 1 - May 31, 2015
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee-starting at $150 + tax
- Property Damage Protection $49
- Tax Rate 13.42%
50% deposit to book; Balance 30 days before arrival.
Cancellation: 100% 90 days prior, 50% 60 days prior.
Rate is based on 8 people. Extras at $15/night for less than 7 nights; $10/night for 7 nights or more. Notify owner if you are interested in more than 8 people and you will be provided with pertinent information.
Property Damage Protection Starting at $49.
Check in 4 PM. Check out 10 AM
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Hilo, Hawaii at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hawaii 137 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Pahoa Bars at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: We are retired from the corporate world, but not from the love of life and the great adventures of the world. This is our home. When we are gone on a vacation, is it available. That is the reason it is only booked occasionally - we love it here!
Why the Owner Chose Kapoho:
We came to Kapoho in 2008 because of the beauty and serenity. After years in the corporate world, we both decided that this is the best place to retire. We have a huge garden, enjoying swimming in Champagne Ponds, and all of the other beautiful swimming locations in our area. We are both active in the Kapoho and the greater Hilo area and love to participate in the wonderful offerings this side of the island offers.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have travelled quite a bit, and this gem is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Or you can walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the most Eastern point of the island, and the state.
- Primary: 808-965-1201
- Secondary: +1 206-619-0210 Susan's Cell
Links to more information:
Beautiful, luxury home with plenty of room for fun and relaxing.
The main living area, complete with a beautiful vaulted ceiling.
Another part of the main living area. Two dining tables inside.
The Master Bedroom. Plenty of storage for your items, during your stay.
The Second Bedroom, with beautiful, knotty pine furniture.
The Portico has a compass rose, so you can orient yourself!
The spacious kitchen has plenty of room to create your meals or pupus.
Welcome to our home.
The kitchen area in the lower level. And another refrigerator!
Walk 5 minutes to the waterfront for some wonderful sunrises.
Third Bedroom, in the lower level. A tropical dream and an orchid wall outside.
Our dolphins take care of a corner in the lower living area.
Welcome to Kapoho Breeze, our luxury home.
Part of the main living area. Our 'conversation pit'.
The Ocean View dining area. Just to the right is another lanai.
The Master Bath, compete with a Jacuzzi bath and a separate travertine shower.
The Powder Room, that adjoins the Second Bedroom shower room.
The Kitchen area, complete with a great breakfast bar.
Yes, there is even more to this kitchen. It is HUGE.
The interior stairs, with a beautiful, privately commissioned mural of bamboo.
Additional dining space in the lower level, adjunct to the laundry room and bath
One of our friendly honu in the Champagne Pond
The perfectly heated spa, and shower, on the lower lanai.
Part of the lower living area, where the TV center is.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, April 06, 2014
4 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.