Views, Value and Comfort.... Private 2 Bedroom 2 Bath Guest Floor
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Homer lodge description
A Memorable Experience is a private two-bedroom cottage offering expansive views of Kachemak Bay and the stunning Alaskan wilderness. This deluxe cottage sits in a park-like setting with beautiful lawns and gardens. Enjoy spectacular views of the bay, mountains and glaciers from this clean, comfortable space. Incredible birding, photo opportunities, and hiking await you just outside your door. The rooms are spacious and sleep up to four people. There is also a full kitchen. A delicious breakfast is available for $15 a person a day.
There is TV, satellite, and High-Speed Wireless Internet Access. On the property we also have a Private Guest Floor with two additional Bedrooms that sleep up to 3 people in each room. This includes a large living room, dining area, kitchenette, deck and private entrance. If you are a larger party, you can reserve the whole place, which will sleep up to 10. Great Value...
We are your hosts, Donna and Kevin Maltz, residents of Homer since 1982. We offer to help you plan your Alaska travels and share the joys of Homer. We proudly run an Eco-Friendly facility and our main objective is for you to truly have Memorable Experience. There is so much to do in Homer, so plan to stay for a while. We offer a fantastic self-serve continental breakfast for $15 a person, which includes pastries and sourdough bread from our Bakery and Cafe, The Fresh Sourdough Express. You also get a fresh fruit, yogurt, juice, organic granola and hot cereal, coffee, tea, and cocoa. If you are planning to adventure for the day, we offer terrifically delicious box lunches for $15 a person. Lunches include your choice of one of our delicious jumbo wraps, Alaskan potato chips, a homemade cookie, fresh fruit, and a bottle of water.
If you are looking for an intimate venue to get married, renew your vows, or just to relax and enjoy the area, you have found the perfect place. We offer full service affordable wedding packages. The exquisite beauty of Alaska makes a natural setting for your destination wedding. Get married overlooking beautiful Kachemak Bay with one of our many custom wedding packages in romantic Homer, Alaska. If you are looking for a truly Memorable Experience this is for you. Imagine being surrounded by the spectacular natural beauty of glaciers, the Kenai Mountains, and the glorious seaside community known as the Cosmic Hamlet by the Sea. Imagine exchanging your vows, rings, and your ultimate love for one another, then toasting to your treasured, future life together as husband and wife in this pristine environment.
Please do not hesitate to call us for more details.
808-884-5633 or 907-299-2601
See you in Alaska!
Donna and Kevin Maltz
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Lunch - Booking Possible
- Dinner - Booking Possible
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Considered:
- Events Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Enjoy Spectacular Views of Kachemak Bay in a park like setting with a gorgeous lawn and beautiful gardens., the mountains and glaciers from this clean, comfortable accommodations. The rooms are spacious with private bath and walk in closet. Each bedroom room sleeps up to 3 people. In addition there is a large living room, with 2 futon couches that can be made into beds for a larger party. There is also the dining area, kitchenette, fantastic deck and private entrance. We also offer a lovely Cottage on property for additional guests....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- If you are looking for an intimate venue to get married, renew your vows, or just to relax and enjoy the area, you have found the perfect place. We offer full service affordable wedding packages. The exquisite beauty of Alaska makes a natural setting for your destination wedding. Get married overlooking beautiful Kachemak Bay with one of our many custom wedding packages in romantic Homer, Alaska. If you are looking for a truly Memorable Experience this is for you. Together, surrounded by the spectacular natural beauty of glaciers, the Kenai Mountains and the glorious seaside community know as the Cosmic Hamlet by the Sea. Imagine exchanging your vows, rings, and your ultimate love for one another, then toast to your treasured, future life together as husband and wife in this pristine environment. ...moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Kayak / Canoe:
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
- Ice Skating
- Mountain Climbing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Equestrian Events
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Deepsea Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Basketball Court
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Medical Services
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Massage Therapist
- Whale Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- This property is truly unique. You will find the best views of Kachemack Bay and probably the whole state... I am not kidding. Located in the prestigious Westwood Estates, this property offers beautiful surroundings. The landscape offers a stunning view looking out over the meadows, scattered gardens boasting domestic and wildflowers, emerald green lawns, down to the sea, and out to the Chugach Mountains and glaciers. The Property also attracts lots of wildlife and sits in a park like setting. A Memorable Experience is close to the best hiking trails, and only an 8 minute drive to downtown Homer and 15 minutes to the famous Homer Spit where you can catch one of the many Eco- tours, halibut charters, kayaking tours, and water taxi to the adventurous Kachemack Bay State Park. We have done several remote wedding ceremonies in various locations across the Bay. Homer is famous for its art galleries, eateries, music venues, halibut fishing, bear viewing, horseback riding and its beauty. If you choose our Continental breakfast option, it is going to be YUMMY. We run an Eco-friendly establishment. The property is perfect for a small intimate wedding. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
The Word "Breathtaking" was invented here!
The Word "Breathtaking" was invented here!
So cozy and comfortable with a great homey feel. Everything was clean and beautiful. I will definitely go back to this haven away from home. The owners were very helpful and organized. I highly recommend this place to my friends and families who are looking for their next adventure. Looking forward to seeing the spectacular views, the eagles, moose and breathing the fresh air!
- Guest Kulani (Hawaii)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 01/08/14
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing, girls getaway.
Owner response: So nice to hear from you and thank you so much for the wonderful review... The beauty awaits you on your next visit... Happy New Year and warm thoughts coming your way... Cheers Kevin and Donna
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Sep 9 - May 7, 2015
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Call for details and pricing
This is a great place for families, small intimate weddings, reunions and other group functions. We can cater any meal for you.
50% deposit to hold and confirm the reservation
Balance due on arrival
- Tax Rate 7.5%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Homer Airport at 5 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Kachmack Bay State Ferry & Danny J Ferry at 6 Miles
- Nearest Train: To Whittary at 150 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Seward at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Bishops Beach at 3 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Several at 2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Cross Country Trails at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lynx Golf Course at 6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Several at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2001
About the owner: Long time Alaskans who love what we do. We welcome all our guests and share the abundance of the area with you. We founded The Fresh Sourdough Express Bakery & Cafe in 1982 and run it seasonally, offering nutritious and delicious organic breakfast and lunch options to the Homer community.
Why the Owner Chose Homer:
This property is truly unique. Best views of Kachemack Bay and probably the whole state... I am not kidding. Located in the prestigious Westwood Estates, this property offers beautiful surroundings, the landscape is stunning scattered with gardens and an emerald green lawn. The view is looking out over meadows, gardens with domestic and wildflowers, down to the sea and out to the Chugach Mountains and glaciers. The Property also attracts lots of wildlife and sits in a park like setting. A Memorable Experience is close to the best hiking trails, and only an 8 minute drive to downtown Homer and 15 minutes to the famous Homer Spit where you can catch one of the many Eco- tours, halibut charters, kayaking tours and water taxi to the adventurous Kachemack Bay State Park. We have done several remote wedding ceremonies in various locations across the Bay. Homer is famous for its art galleries, eateries, music venues, halibut fishing, bear viewing, and its beauty. If you go with the Continental breakfast option it is going to be YUMMY. We run an eco-friendly establishment, have daily house keeping and Enjoy our guest.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
Besides the amazing view, friendly hosts, great location, clean comfortable accommodations, we also offer you catering, an optional breakfast plan, assist you with finding the best of best in Homer to suit your needs and budget. We have been in Homer since 1982 and know this area and the people very well. We also specialize in intimate wedding packages. We have done over 100 small intimate weddings at A Memorable Experience.
- Primary: +1 8088845633 8088845633
- Secondary: +1 +907 299-2601 Kevin's Cell Number
- Tertiary: +1 907-299-0300 Donna's Cell Number
Links to more information:
The Stunning View From A Memorable Experience in July
Lower Leval Private Guest Floor with Large Deck, yard and VIEW
East Room In Private Guest Floor, private bath, walk-in closet
If you need Twin beds we can provide them.
Comfortable King Size Bed in Cottage
10 PM in June at A Memorable Experience. Land of the Midnight Sun.
Our gardens are glorious
Arial View, private park like setting. The property is gorgeous!
We do weddings at A Memorable Experience and can help you plan it all
A real destination wedding across the bay that we coordinated
Halibut Cove, one of the many adventure you can have
Walk way down to the Private Guest Floor, gardens everywhere...
West Room in the Private Guest Floor, private bath, walk-in closet
Dinning area in the Private Guest Floor, kitchenette in the back, living room
Kitchen in the Cottage
That's me, with flowers from the gardens
Taken from the Deck of the Private Guest Floor on a unique summer day
Happy guest from a wedding party, Homer Spit View
A Bride at A Memorable Experience, breathtaking
If you are ever in Homer in the winter, this is the place to be
Ride Bikes on the Homer Spit
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, February 28, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.