Plumeria: Panoramic Sunset Views, Heated Pool, Spa & Complete Privacy!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Gift Hill villa description
Plumeria is located atop Gifft Hill, and features panoramic ocean views of up to twenty islands and cays, as well as spectacular sunsets, among the finest on St. John. Its layout provides the ultimate in Caribbean indoor/outdoor living, with large French doors in every room opening onto the interior courtyard, sundeck, and pool. Outdoor living spaces include the enclosed courtyard, a very comfortable outdoor living room facing the view, a central pool, interior gardens, covered walkways, the main sundeck, the new lower deck with its large built-in spa, the shaded dining gazebo, and a granite outdoor kitchen. Plumeria's hilltop location ensures complete privacy and gentle tropical breezes, as well as a single-level floor plan, with a flat driveway that has room for several cars.
Plumeria's expansive decks offer complete privacy while sunning by the pool, or enjoying a romantic evening in the outdoor living room. Have cocktails and enjoy the stunning sunsets over the Caribbean. As night falls, watch as cruise ships leave for their next port of call, and dine in the outdoor dining gazebo, with the lights of St. Thomas twinkling in the distance. Guests have often commented that dining in the gazebo at Plumeria is the 'table with the best view on St. John'. During the full moon the reflection over the waters of Pillsbury Sound is unmatched. The night sky is full of stars for star gazing, and we provide a high-end telescope and binoculars for guests to use.
The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable swimming all year round, and at night, LED pool lights slowly change colors, illuminating the courtyard. The gardens surrounding Plumeria were created for your enjoyment. Orchids abound in the trees, and over 200 different plants and flowers, many with botanical plant labels, attract hummingbirds and bananaquits. Flowering plumeria trees, also called frangipani, add a delightful fragrance to the tropical breezes. In summer, guests can enjoy delicious mangoes, picked fresh from the tree.
You can be dining at one of the many fine restaurants in Cruz Bay less than 10 minutes after leaving your private villa. Plumeria has been furnished for your ultimate comfort, with large upholstered custom furnishings in the great room, and similarly immersive furnishings in the outdoor living room. Indoor fine dining for six is easily accessible from the gourmet kitchen. The kitchen is fully stocked for 'cooking in', with all the gear needed to prepare gourmet meals, including a full set of thirty Penseys' spices. In addition to its large indoor kitchen, Plumeria features a granite outdoor kitchen adjacent to the dining gazebo. The outdoor kitchen features a large built-in gas grill with rotisserie, a teppanyaki cooktop, a mini-fridge, hot and cold water sink, and all of the necessary utensils and tableware. Across the pool from the great room are the air conditioned bedrooms, each with with queen beds and en-suite baths. The spacious loft above the great room has both a king bed and a twin bed, accessed by a spiral stairway, and is also air conditioned.
Plumeria shares ownership with the adjacent villa on Gifft Hill, Coconuts (www.vrbo.com/472849), and the two villas can be rented together, accommodating larger groups with up to fourteen guests.
St John's gorgeous, undeveloped North Shore beaches, among the finest in the Caribbean, are only 15 minutes away. You can choose a relaxing day at the beach with our beach chairs, coolers, towels, and floats, or browse thru the many interesting shops to be found in nearby Cruz Bay.
You will be so completely relaxed and refreshed by your stay at Plumeria .... you won't want to leave.
VILLA HIGHLIGHTS AND AMENITIES:
- Private, flat, hilltop location with panoramic ocean views and spectacular sunsets
- Indoor/outdoor living: great room, kitchen, and bedroom buildings centered around a pool, with covered walkways, courtyard gardens, extensive decks, gazebo, porch, and lawns with tropical fruit trees
- The pool is solar heated, ensuring comfortable swimming all year round
- LED pool lighting lets guests select among five fixed colors, and seven color programs
- A granite outdoor kitchen, with a built-in gas grill, teppanyaki cooktop, mini-fridge, hot and cold water sink, and all necessary utensils and tableware
- Outdoor living spaces include a shaded gazebo with dining table, and a porch with a comfortable couch, chairs, and an outdoor sound system
- All rooms feature flat-screen TV's, premium cable w/ HBO, iPod-ready sound systems, and high speed wireless internet
- The deluxe massage table can be set up indoors or on the deck, for a massage with a view
- Villa-wide, UV sterilized and activated charcoal water purification system
- Additional amenities include a high-end telescope and binoculars for daytime use and/or sky gazing, and a complete set of Pensey's spices for cooking
- Deck completely rebuilt in 2013
- Cordless phones with free unlimited calling to the US mainland
- Roku 3, Netflix, and Pandora One for free unlimited video and music streaming
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 7
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- The master bathroom features dual sinks.
Kitchen & Dining
Plumeria has an indoor gourmet kitchen, as well as a granite outdoor kitchen, with a large built-in gas grill, teppanyaki, mini-fridge, hot and cold water sink, and a complete set of tableware. ...moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Air Conditioning:
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Amenities include: - A granite outdoor kitchen, with a gas grill, teppanyaki, fridge, sink, and rotisserie. - Solar pool heaters with guest temperature control - A whisper-quiet pool pump - An LED pool light with five fixed colors and seven color programs - A villa-wide UV / activated charcoal water purification system - A massage table with fitted cotton flannel covers - A high quality refracting telescope and binoculars - High speed (5 - 10 Mbbps) wireless internet - Expanded HD cable with HBO and an HD-DVR to let you record shows - Cordless phones with unlimited free calling to the US mainland - Flat screen TVs, a Blu-ray player, and indoor and outdoor porch sound systems -A luxurious beaded pool / beach float - Bedroom iPod/iPhone music player alarms Gourmet kitchen gear, including a full set of Penzeys' spices, waffle iron, hot-air popcorn popper, etc....moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
In 2013, a new lower deck with a large, built-in spa was added, with amazing panoramic ocean and sunset views. The spa has room for seven persons, and includes LED color lighting and a waterfall....moreless
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Lawn / Garden
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Massage Therapist
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- About St. John: Travelers on TripAdvisor have once again voted St. John their #1 Caribbean destination in 2013, and for good reason. Thanks to the foresight of the philanthropist and naturalist Laurence Rockefeller, two-thirds of St. John has been and will in perpetuity be preserved in its original state, as part of the U. S. Virgin Islands National Park. Its 35 picture-perfect white sand beaches are each unique, with many of these lying within the boundaries of the National Park. As a result, when you turn away from the Caribbean Sea and look inland, you witness unspoiled virgin green hillsides, looking much as they did back in 1493, when Christopher Columbus discovered and named these islands. St. John's hilly terrain, and the literally hundreds of islands and cays that surround it, provide unmatched vistas and photographic opportunities from all around the island. The V. I. National Park maintains dozens of excellent hiking trails, and well preserved ruins from the era of the sugar mills allow you to step back in time to that earlier period. Despite large tracts of undeveloped natural beauty, St. John also offers extensive fine dining options, and the seaside village of Cruz Bay has many interesting shops to peruse. If this will be your first visit to St. John, you are in for a treat! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We want to thank Kevin and Danielle for allowing us the chance to stay at this wonderful villa with the best views. From original inquiry to check out they answered every one of our questions. The updates are excellent with the addition of the exterior kitchen and spa. The villa is well stocked, clean and very liveable. We originally planned on having seven guests but do to weather issues four could not join us. There is always next year and we are already in the planning stages. Susan and Michael
- Guest Michael C.
- Date of stay 02/14/14
- Review Submitted 02/26/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Magnificant Stay At Plumeria
Magnificant Stay At Plumeria
The Plumeria home on St. John's Gift Hill provided awesome views. The home is beautiful, inside and out! The large deck, wonderful furniture, pool & hot tub allowed our group to relax while soaking in the views of the island and St. Thomas, along with passing Cruise ships and sail boats. The owners of this property could not be any more friendlier and accommodating! Our men enjoyed grilling and cooking on the fabulous new outdoor grill/kitchen, which is stocked with everything you can imagine, or need for a perfect meal. This being our 7th visit to the Island, and always staying on Gift Hill, the Plumeria and Coconut homes are by far the best! We are all looking forward to planning our next trip to the best Island in the Caribbean. From the Indiana & Texas Crew
- Guest Teresa L.
- Date of stay 01/25/14
- Review Submitted 02/04/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
Perfect for us
Perfect for us
Our group was 2 couples and 3 kids. Kids did great in the loft area, each couple had a bedroom/bathroom. This home is fabulous! True indoor/outdoor living. I was concerned about bugs and we had no issue with them at all! Evening breezes are wonderful. View is spectacular. Photos really can't capture the beauty of the view. Kevin & Danielle were very pleasant to work with. When on St John again, we will definitely stay at Plumeria!
- Guest TSR (Bloomington, MN USA)
- Date of stay 12/26/13
- Review Submitted 01/09/14
Recommended for: Families with teenagers.
We've found "home" in St. John
We've found "home" in St. John
We are repeat guests at Plumeria: 5/12 (under previous owner), 5/13 (booking was smoothly transitioned from previous owner to current owner), and have already booked Plumeria and its neighbor/sister villa Cocounts for 7/14. Our favorite aspects of Plumeria are its view, ease of access (no dirt roads, 5-7 minutes to Starfish Market, easy access to North Shore beaches), and outdoor living room. We were very satisfied with Plumeria under its previous ownership, but are quite pleased with the upgrades & modernization the new owners have implemented. Specifically: the new solar pool heater, a unique pool-lighting system and outdoor speakers, as well as a complete replacement of the deck boards. Inside, my teenage son was particularly pleased to find expanded cable TV service and a DVR. My husband appreciated the new free phone service back to the US mainland (which he used for business calls). We had overcast skies during our stay, but the new owners have also provided a telescope for stargazing that we are eager to try out on our next visit. The new UV water filtration system was not in place during our visit, as they were waiting for a part to arrive, but I understand it is in use now. The few issues we had (newly installed pool heater wasn't working properly, dining room light wasn't working, one of the outdoor speaker wires came loose during the deck board replacement) the owners either had fixed during our stay or personally repaired while on-island the week after our visit. None of the small inconveniences were an issue, and we were aware prior to arrival that the renovations were a work-in-progress. The only remaining issue of which I am aware is the gas grill, which I understand is scheduled to be replaced very soon (if it hasn't been already)...it works and is clean - in fact we used it every night...we've just had difficulty lighting it (on both our 2012 & 2013 visits). Bedrooms, bathroom facilities, living areas and kitchen are all well-appointed and create a sense of home. We've stayed at Plumeria as a party of 3 and a party of 5, and we were very comfortable. The layout of the villa allows for some privacy, but also has large enough dining tables and seating areas to easily accommodate 6 guests. We've been traveling to St. John 1-2 times per year for approximately the past 6 years. Until we found Plumeria, we stayed in a different villa every visit. But now we've found our St. John home-away-from-home.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 05/24/13
- Review Submitted 07/23/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 22 - Nov 29, 2014
7 night min stay
|High Season 2015
Dec 14 - Apr 30, 2015
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $25 per night, per additional guest
|Christmas week 2014
Dec 21 - Dec 27, 2014
7 night min stay
|New Year's week 2015
Dec 28 - Jan 3, 2015
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Rates are based on 2 guests; add $20 per night, per additional guest
Additional information about rental rates
We prefer either a VRBO/HomeAway eCheck or a check by mail, but also accept credit cards via VRBO/HomeAway.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 10%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Kevin and Danielle McCarthy have been vacationing on St. John for many years, and bought their first villa, Coconuts, in 2010. In January of 2013, they had a wonderful opportunity to buy Plumeria, the villa adjacent to Coconuts. They immediately set about adding a number of the differentiated amenities that have proved so popular at Coconuts, and are singularly focused on making their guest's experience the best it can possibly be. Feel free to contact them with any questions that you might have, and they would be happy to email you their 'Welcome' document, which provides lots of helpful information about Plumeria.
Why the Owner Chose Gift Hill:
Plumeria combines panoramic ocean views with fantastic sunsets, indoor/outdoor living, privacy, close proximity to the restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay, a level driveway and floor plan, and a number of wonderful amenities.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
As soon as you step through the doors into the interior courtyard, and see the magnificent ocean panorama stretching out before you, you will fall in love with this wonderful villa.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Panoramic islands & sunset views from your spa!
The spacious deck was totally replaced in 2013
Magnificent water and island views from the master bedroom
Another beautiful sunset at Plumeria!
New granite outdoor kitchen, with gas grill, teppanyaki, fridge, and sink
View of the pool, courtyard, and main deck from the entrance
Another view of the great room and loft
The well-equipped kitchen at Plumeria is directly accessed from the great room
The poolside master bedroom
The loft bedroom with king bed & daybed
Another gorgeous sunset at Plumeria!
Plumeria's courtyard, with covered walkways and a heated pool
The view from Plumeria's porch
Panoramic ocean views from your porch, surrounded by lush tropical landscaping
Dine with spectacular ocean views
The lushly landscaped entrance to Plumeria
Plumeria's very comfortable great room
The dining room at Plumeria, with French doors opening to the interior courtyard
French doors in the master bedroom open out onto expansive views
Another view of the master bedroom
The poolside guest bedroom
Sunlight shimmering before Thatch Cay
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, March 07, 2014
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.