Hollywood Hills Architectural 4,650 Sq' House with Hilltop Views
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hollywood Hills house description
This house is a Hollywood home built in 1991. It is a true 'The Hills' home and keeps you out of the rat race of LA. I have lived here for the past three years and absolutely love waking up in the morning and walking throughout the Hills and all the way up to the sign and over to Griffith Park. Perfect for a vacation, long term rental, or temporary lodging for relocated executives. Located right in the heart of Hollywoodland, within walking distance of many of the world's most-famous attractions! Nestled right under the Hollywood sign at the top of Beachwood Canyon, this charming, private home features three levels.
'Coolest Pad' in the Hills, designed for entertaining. Sophisticated 4,650 sq', 3 bedroom, 4.5 bath, Architectural home. The spacious floor plan features walls of glass framing the expansive canyon and city light views with a peek of the ocean. Enter through double doors to a Vaulted 2-story foyer with skylight that leads to the step-down living room accented by a tall, polished stone fireplace and maple floors. Adjacent dining area shares the spectacular views. The Gourmet kitchen is fully equipped for entertaining with granite counters, maple and glass cabinetry, center island gas cook top, double ovens and a breakfast bar, and opens to a cozy den with large flat screen television. Wrap around deck with barbecue completes the main floor.
The second floor boasts a romantic master suite with a king size bed, 70' flatscreen, gas fireplace and huge walk-in closet and those amazing views. The gorgeous master bath has marble and travertine finishes, raised spa tub, dual sinks and a huge separate glass shower. Two more bedrooms with queen beds, patio doors with wrap around canyon view deck access, spacious closets, 2 additional bathrooms with showers complete the second level. We provide all the linens and towels, Soaps and Shampoos, and any supplies you will need for your stay.
This beautiful fully furnished home also has an entertainment level with media room, wet bar with 2 wine coolers, billiard area and gym equipped with a Precor Elliptical Trainer and all share the views. From here, two lower decks can be accessed for private sunbathing.
This fantastic living space is equipped with hi-tech wiring throughout, two sound systems with Pandora, 5 flat screen televisions with DirecTV PVR, DVD & CD players and a security system. We have high speed cable internet and WiFi coverage throughout. There is a land line available for guest use which allows for unlimited use throughout North America at no charge. There are seven cordless handsets throughout the property. Central air/heat with separate zones on each of the three levels, each with it's own Nest thermostat.
This home enjoys a double attached garage (one spot available) with kitchen access, state of the art laundry facilities and parking on the driveway as well the street. The property is on a quiet cul-de-sac with limited traffic.
This home is a true 'hills' home that keeps you out of the rat race of Hollywood while keeping you just a short drive from all of the excitement. Within walking distance to the Hollywood Sign and Beachwood Village the gorgeous weather is fully enjoyable. You will not be short of activities in Hollywood or Los Angeles, and with such a centralized location, you will be close to it all!!! Live in luxury while you visit Hollywood, and see for yourself where so many celebrities choose to live!!!!
Enjoy your trip to LA in this beautiful modern home in the highly coveted celebrity neighborhood of Hollywood Hills. Hope you love our home as much as we do!
- 4650 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 6-12
- The second floor boasts a romantic master suite with a king size bed, gas fireplace and huge walk-in closet and those amazing views. The gorgeous master bath has marble and travertine finishes, raised spa tub, dual sinks and a huge separate glass shower. Two more bedrooms with queen beds, patio doors with wrap around canyon view deck access, spacious closets, 2 additional bathrooms with showers complete the second level. Each bedroom has it's own Flatscreen and DirecTV. We provide all the linens and towels, Soaps and Shampoos, and any supplies you will need for your stay. Depending on how many people are staying we can set up 3 additional Queen air beds. One in the Gym, one in the Office and the 3rd can go in one of the bedrooms or upstairs as there is a full bathroom with a shower upstairs. That gives you a total of 6 beds....moreless
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning:
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable:
- Pool Table
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Theme Parks
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Situated in the historic beachwood canyon area beneath the famous hollywood sign, it's only a 5 minute walk down to the local market and coffee shop. A 10 minute walk up the hill puts you at the entrance path down to the hollywood reservoir, surrounded by a 3 mile round jogging path. Or take the other path, walk along the ridge line past Madonna's and Moby's house's to the child and dog park, right at the best lookout of the Hollywood Sign. Take a 5 minute ride or 10 minute walk to the top of the canyon to the horse stables, which have been there since 1923 and take a ride around the sign. The house is only one mile from the 101 freeway, which gives quick and easy access to any los angeles attraction, Griffith Park, with over 4,000 acres of trails and activities, is only a few blocks away. We are close to bus lines, and the subway stop. Our neighborhood has everything you'll want for your stay, within a couple of blocks. You don't need a car to go to the grocery store, coffee shops, or restaurants. Our favorites are Cafe 101, an american diner, or the Beachwood Cafe both just a short walk from us. Must see attractions, all within 3 miles or less: - hollywood and highland center - dolby theater (where the oscars are held!) - chinese theater - walk of fame on hollywood blvd. - hollywood bowl - hollywood & vine - griffith park and observatory - sunset ranch stables - los angeles zoo and botanical garden - universal studios and universal city walk - the hollywood sign - the hollywood reservoir - pantages theater - the hollywood palladium - the magic castle - the greek theater - the arclight movie theatre - madame tussauds hollywood - jimmy kimmel studio - gibson amphitheater - runyon canyon park You can't beat being within walking distance of some of the most historic, famous, entertaining, and fascinating, locations in the world -- where celebrity sightings are often reported. Just another mile or two (within 5 miles of the house), you can get to the famous sunset strip (dotted with countless well-known clubs and venues, such as the laugh factory, house of blues, the viper room, the roxy, the comedy store, and much more!!), and many famous production studios (such as disney, warner brothers, and universal to name a few) 45 minutes to lax airport 20 minutes to bob hope airport There is an endless amount of attractions and things to do, and i have only covered a small section so far. Travel just a little further, and visit the places that los angeles is famous for, such as: - santa monica pier - venice beach - third street promenade - malibu - beverly hills and rodeo drive - the grove and farmer's market - staples center - nokia theater at l.A. Live - walt disney concert hall - six flags magic mountain - disneyland - knott's berry farm - redondo and manhattan beach, and much more....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A genuinely nice surprise *****
A genuinely nice surprise *****
If you plan to be in Los Angeles and want to be close to the downtown area, then the Hollywood Hills should be on your list. We spent Christmas in LA, in part for work, and also to visit family. We were looking at something by the beach, but as it was December and cooler, we opted for the Hills and planned to do some hikes. The Hollywood Hills turned out to be a great neighborhood with the charm of a small town and yet is only a stone’s throw from one of the most commercial cities on the planet. Once you drive past the tourists that line Beechwood St taking selfies with the Hollywood sign as a backdrop, and up Graciosa or Hollyridge, the vibe changes. The streets become narrow, winding, and the neighborhood by its geography is self- contained and the people are great. We were invited to a party down the block, and we had only been there for two days. Dave’s house is situated just around the bend from the top of the hill with a direct view of the famed Hollywood sign outside his front door. The large windows from the living room, bedrooms and game room all look out to the canyon and beyond it the skyline. It is quite an impressive view and the pictures on the listing don’t quite capture it. True to the musical roots that the Hills is famous for, Dave’s house is a music enthusiast's dream. The living room has a built in audio rack with high end components, internet radio and a thumping sub-woofer. He has the same in wall set up in the lower level connected to a Pioneer Elite flat screen. The kids watched Pacific Rim on that and the sound was phenomenal. The high end touches are everywhere in this house, from the Nest thermostats on every floor, to the LG steam washer and dryer, to the Hansgrohe Pharo shower, to the Dyson vacuum cleaner. The furniture throughout the home has an understated elegance to it. Once you are inside you get the feeling that you’re staying in someone’s home as oppose to a short term rental. Nothing about this place is sterile or generic. When you are use to a certain amount of space and comfort and luxury at home, and you are able to find the same and more from a vacation rental, you’ve gotten your money’s worth and it makes for a great trip.
- Guest Chris C. (NY)
- Date of stay 12/23/13
- Review Submitted 01/14/14
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
Wonderful home in the middle of the Hollywood Hills
Wonderful home in the middle of the Hollywood Hills
My family and friends spent three nights here over New Years wile visiting for the Rose Bowl game. The house provided plenty of room and Dave even had two blow up beds to make more room for the 8 of us. With four showers, we had no problems getting ready for the day. The house was clean and we didn't have to worry about linens, soaps, etc. there is a great sound system and tvs in multiple rooms. We were able to DVR a football game to watch later on the tv, which was great! The views are spectacular ... The Hollywood sign is right out the front door and the valley can be seen from the balconies. The house can be tricky to find and the road to get there is not for the faint of heart (basically one lane with lots of hairpin turns), but it added to the charm. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better place to set up shop while we were in LA.
- Guest Dana B.
- Date of stay 12/30/13
- Review Submitted 01/04/14
Recommended for: Sightseeing, pet owners, age 55+, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
This home was everything the owner said it would be and more,the photos don't do it justice.It was very,very,clean. When we arrived Dave had everything written down with how to work things,the closest grocery store and a map,Any question we might have had was already answered on that paper. I would definitely recommend this home to anyone who wants to have a great vacation. Dave was awesome!!!
- Guest rochelle l.
- Date of stay 08/05/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, age 55+, girls getaway, adventure seekers, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Reduced rate available for 3+ Months.
We accept cash, bank transfers, PayPal, or credit cards. There will be a 3% fee for all credit or PayPal transactions.
- Cleaning Fee: $200
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Burbank Bob Hope Airport at 9 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 101 Hwy at 1.8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Santa Monica Beach at 17 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Birds at 1.6 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Roosevelt Municipal Golf Course at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Beachwood Cafe at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2011
About the owner: My wife and I primarily live in Canada, the cold winters there prompted us to buy this home in Los Angeles where it's alway's sunny and warm!
Why the Owner Chose Hollywood Hills:
We rented for a few years in different neighborhoods and were drawn to this home and location because of it's close proximity to nature. It's a quiet and extremely friendly neighborhood. You'll wake up to deer climbing our hillside and yet your just a few minutes from all the Hollywood hot spots.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We are up high in the hills so the views are fantastic. The hidden hollywood staircases allow you to walk to the market or restaurant in 3 minutes. Have lunch at the Beachwood Cafe and you'll be surrounded by celebrities.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, March 16, 2014
3 Bedroom / 4.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.