VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Oceanfront living is the only way to experience Manhattan Beach at its best. This perfect 1950s beach “shack” is the best of both worlds: California casual with a retro feel. Steps down to the beach and three shorts blocks to the Pier, an easy walk to the best restaurants in town or for homemade treats at the Manhattan Creamery.
Entering from Ocean Avenue and the gate next to the two-car garage, you walk past the laundry room and the ¾ bath that’s perfect for post-beach showering. Down a few steps to a patio that’s perfect for dining al fresco. A full-size Weber kettle and a smaller Smoky Joe are available if you feel like barbecuing. As you enter the front door of the house from the patio, a wall of windows greets you with a sweeping view of the Pacific. The living room is comfortably furnished with an overstuffed sofa and chairs, plus a 42” wall-mounted flat screen TV above the decorative fireplace. The dining table around the corner seats six and shares the ocean view. From here, you can open the door onto the deck from which you can spend hours watching the ocean, the surfers, the swimmers, the cyclists on the bike path, and the never-ending parade of runners, walkers, and dogs on the Strand just below the deck railing. The new kitchen is behind the dining area with brand new appliances, new cabinets and counters. Behind the kitchen is a powder room and a bedroom with a double bed, its own half bath plus separate shower, and a large walk-in closet.
Upstairs is the huge master bedroom, with a sweeping ocean view. Fall asleep in the king-size bed to the sound of the waves breaking on the shore. There is also a wall-mounted 42” flat-screen TV in the master, which also boasts a large walk-in closet. The upstairs bathroom has a vintage blue shower-tub combo. The hall closet holds lots of beach towels. The other upstairs bedroom hosts twin beds and another large walk-in closet.
Many other Manhattan Beach houses brag about their views and their proximity to the beach, but few of them are actually oceanfront. This house is the real deal! Outside the front door is a gate leading to the Strand and to the steps down to the beach. There is an outdoor closet by the front door loaded with beach chairs, beach toys, and boogie boards. This is the only way to experience a vacation in Manhattan Beach.
Weekly rentals only, from Saturday to Saturday. No children under the age of 12 years old allowed at the house. If you rent more than 1 week, the security deposit is $2000.00. Also if you rent more than one week, housekeeping at least once a week is needed which is $150 per visit.
25% of rental ($1,750 per week in summer, $1,500 per week in winter) payable upon execution of rental agreement, nonrefundable. Remaining 75% of rental ($7,250 per week in summer, $6,500 in winter), together with Manhattan Beach occupancy tax, cleaning fee and security deposit payable 21 days prior to start of rental period.
Travel with confidence
Pay with an approved method (credit card, check, or bank transfer) to protect your payment up to $1,000. Before making a payment always call the owner at the number listed on our website, and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.