Unbeatable Downtown Location, Gorgeously Finished & Furnished for 2-4
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1 night
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Anchorage house description
A true home away from home, enjoy a private experience in a perfect location on a beautiful property. If we were to use one word to describe this rental, we couldn't choose between Location And Luxury...
Relax with your group in this 1+1, 1.5 (1 bedroom + 1 loft (each with queen bed,) 1 full bath & .5 bath) 'mother in law' unit. Bright and light with huge South and Westward facing windows and 10 foot ceilings, this property has the good fortune of views mainly consisting of trees and sky; a true rarity in downtown! Featuring a gourmet kitchen complete with a Bertazzoni gas stove, quartz counters, and copper accents, this fully equipped kitchen will please any cooking enthusiast! Enjoy home cooking, even entertain, in the open floor plan of the kitchen and sunken living room area furnished with Italian leather, complete with maple wood built ins throughout. This home boasts a spacious master suite, complete with a queen bed and full private bathroom that includes a tub truly made for two both in length and depth! The loft features a queen bed and a .5 bath adjacent to it. Use of the full-size front-loading washer/dryer during your stay, completing the 'home away from home' experience located only a stone's throw from Elderberry Park and the Coastal Trail head.
Whether here for business or pleasure, you'll find this property to be complete with “the little things” to augment your stay. Also enjoy:
•Free High-Speed wireless internet
•Free local calls
Ideally located at the west end of Downtown Anchorage, we are conveniently situated exactly where you want to be. We are just moments on foot from:
•The Alaska Center for the Performing Arts
•The Egan and Dena’ina Convention Centers
•Tony Knowles Coastal Trail
•The Anchorage Museum of History and Art
Located in Downtown Anchorage, Alaska, this location offers access to everything the business and pleasure traveler could ever ask for, while still maintaining its original Alaskan heritage and charm. Built in 1941, and a survivor of the 1964 Good Friday Earthquake, the largest recorded earthquake in North American history, this house stands as a testament to the resilient construction of the buildings built in the forties and fifties, many of which are still standing today.
Located in the heart of downtown Anchorage, and completely renovated in 2009, this home was restored to its original charm (plus modern luxury) by owners Daniel and Micah. Every square foot is uniquely original and beautifully furnished, offering a tasteful balance of privacy and luxury.
Additional amenities include:
•Outdoor Patio and outdoor Deck (shared)
•Free parking onsite
•Complimentary Broadband WiFi
•Large Book Collection
If you want downtown convenience, luxury accommodations, and an extraordinary location during your Anchorage visit, look no further. Map it out and see for yourself. We look forward to hosting you!
- 900 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- The spacious master bedroom has a queen bed and full bathroom en suite. This room features his and hers closets, huge South and West facing windows, and views consisting mainly of sky and trees! The beautifully tiled bathroom features an enormous and DEEP tub for two that lights up from within and also features an 'air bath' system that gives you a rolling boil at a comfortable temperature of course! The loft (sharing NO walls with the master bedroom) features a queen bed and beautiful maple finish work. The .5 bathroom is adjacent to the loft, giving it the feel of a private bathroom....moreless
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
- The master bathroom, located off the master bedroom, features his and hers medicine cabinets, a stained glass window to the South, and beautiful maple built in shelving units for towels etc. The main attraction, however, is the glorious 8k tub made to comfortably seat 2 for the most luxurious and DEEP bathing experience you can imagine. It is complete with a 'rolling boil' function as well as internal lights. The .5 bathroom is located adjacent to the loft, giving the feeling of a private bathroom per bed...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Cross Country Skiing
- Basketball Court
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Roller Blading
- Mountain Biking
- Ice Skating
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Tubing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
1 night min stay
Oct 1 - Apr 30
1 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 30
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$150 non refundable cleaning fee
Stays in excess of 30 days no longer required to pay 12% municipal bed tax
- Tax Rate 12%
You can cancel, but you will not receive a refund.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Ted Stephens Anchorage International Airport at 5 Miles
- Nearest Train: Alaska Railroad at 0.8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Coastal Trail access area at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Simon & Seafort's at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Coastal Trail at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Russian Jack Springs Golf Course at 4.6 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Simon & Seafort's at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Daniel (Colorado born, Texas grown) and Micah (Alaska Grown!) have been world travelers since day one. We love Alaska, we live in Alaska, and we love to Share Alaska! Hosting people from around the globe reminds us to get back out there and check another country off the list.
Why the Owner Chose Anchorage:
The motivation behind our family buying this home in downtown Anchorage was two fold: it is a Perfect launching point for anyone visiting Alaska, and between our travels, this is the Best location to live in Alaska!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Although we are just 1/2 block from the busiest, most popular area of downtown Anchorage, we are sheltered 100% from street noise and line of sight giving Coastal Place a serene, neighborhood feel thanks to the Peterson Tower which stands between us and the daily bustle but Not between us and the ocean/mountains!
- Primary: (907) 891-0188 (Alaska, USA)
Sunken living room, open floor plan!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, October 21, 2013