Charming Suite, Historic Building, Beautiful Street
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Victoria apartment description
One block to the ocean a few houses away from the Emily Carr house. A short stroll to downtown, the Empress Hotel, the Parliament Buildings and Victoria's bustling city centre. This charming and cozy fully contained suite is in a lovely historic James Bay home on one of the city's most historic streets. The suite is complete with everything you need for a delightful stay in beautiful Victoria.
The bedroom has a queen size bed. The living room contains a futon couch for one or two extra guests. The kitchen is fully stocked and the suite includes a full bathroom with a tub and shower. The 1907 building has high ceilings and big original windows. The apartment faces the back garden and is in a very quiet setting. One of the few sounds you may is hear the lovely trot of the horses and carriages as they meander down the street ushering visitors through this magnificent area.
The suite includes one off street parking space and plenty of on-street spots. Bus service to any point on the island, the ferries and the airport is all in short walking distance.
- On floor 1
- 375 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Queen size bed and closet wood flooring. Bright with heritage windows
Bathrooms: 0 Bathrooms
- Full bathroom with tub and shower
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Fly Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Mountain Biking
- Surf Fishing
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Scenic Drives
- James Bay is one of Victoria's most historic and beautiful seaside neighbourhoods. Perched between the Straight of Juan de Fuca and the city's famed downtown. There are miles of beach strolls along Dallas Road which is a block away. Kitty corner to the building is an organic market that is a perfect place to pick up a great cup of coffee and great island produce. There are a plethora of interesting coffee shops, restaurants and pubs a short walk away in every direction. Victoria's wonderful urban park, Beacon Hill Park is two blocks away. It is the home to peacocks, ponds, lovely gardens, renowned tennis courts, cricket and sports fields and concerts and movies in the summertime. Even in wintertime, flowers bloom and it is an oasis of green perched majestically high over the ocean and mile zero of the Trans Canada Highway....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
May 1 - Sep 30
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
50% upon booking, balance due 30 days before arrival
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Victoria International at 28.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Black Ball Ferry at 1.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Dallas Road at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I take great pride in my lovely historic building and beautiful city. I hope you will fall in love with the charm and character of this great home that is so much a part of the fabric of this wonderful place.
Why the Owner Chose Victoria:
I feel so lucky to own this wonderful property. It is on one of Victoria's most historic and beautiful streets. I always imagine that Emily Carr must have strolled by and maybe even stopped in for a cup of tea as she walked from her home, just a few houses away, down to the beach along with her monkey to paint her wonderful masterpieces.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The location of this building is outstanding, steps to the beach with miles of beach walk. Just a few minutes walk down tree and flower lined streets to the bustling historic centre of Victoria and it's wonderful restaurants, shopping, coffee shops, organic food stores, museums, parliament buildings and more.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The front of the house
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, August 28, 2013