Serene Studio Close to Uw
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
University District apartment description
Enter a peaceful space in the lower unit of a private home with a garden on a quiet street. Located in the University District with access to public transportation to most areas in and around Seattle, especially downtown. Easy walking distance to the UW, bookstores, coffee shops, restaurants, movie theaters, upscale and downscale clothing stores, grocery stores, and pleasant green spaces.
Shoji screens are on all the windows of the apartment so it is light and private. The kitchen is equipped with a gas stove, a refrigerator and everything you need to cook with, eat off of and drink out of. Filtered water is in the refrigerator. Tea and coffee are provided along with some fresh fruit and cookies or a quick bread. There are a lot of grocery stores within walking distance. The Farmers Market, open on Saturday from 9AM-2PM year round is across the street from a Safeway. They are the closest.
Hair dryer equipped.
Bookings for a week or more may use the washer and dryer.
Within the space is my massage treatment room. It is marked 'PRIVATE'. I do not book any massages during your stay unless it is you. More information upon request.
Stay here when you visit family and friends. Do you have business at the UW? Do you have a writing project you want to get done? Come see a music show at the Neptune or World Dance at Meany Hall. There is an improv theater not far away. Have a great time!
- On floor 0
- 540 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Car Not Necessary
- Paddle Boating
- Fitness Center
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Roller Blading
- Massage Therapist
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Wildlife Viewing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- This is a good walking neighborhood with easy access to city busses. The UW is a 10 minute walk south. There is high end shopping and a wide variety of restaurants and services at the U Village due east down the hill. Take the stairway that is NE 52nd St. You will cross the Burke Gilman Trail which used to be a railway. It is now a bike path that runs from the top of Lake Washington all the way to Ballard. To the west there are more funky boutiques, a Goodwill, several consignment stores, and ethnic restaurants to the west on University Way otherwise known as The Ave. Get great pizza at Pagliacci's. For Indian food, there is the Jewel of India or Tandoor's. The Nook has melt in your mouth biscuits. Vegan? Got to Chaco Canyon on NE 50th St and 12th Ave NE. Do not miss the variety of bookstores on The Ave as well as coffee shops. The closest coffee shop is north on Ravenna Boulevard called Boulevard Grocery between 20th and 21st NE further north on 20th, walk on a bridge over a ravine through a residential neighborhood to find Third Place Books. Within the bookstore to the back is a great Greek restaurant called Vios and a pub downstairs called the Third Place. Follow Ravenna Boulevard west for 2 miles and you will come to Green Lake, Seattle's favorite park. You can rent paddleboats there or walk the 3.3 mile perimeter and birdwatch or people watch. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
CALM, COZEY, and CONVENIENT
CALM, COZEY, and CONVENIENT
This apartment was just perfect for 1 or 2 people. I loved my stay there as well as my daughter who stayed there the first 2 nights while she was getting her dorm room ready at U of Wash. The location could not have been better, and in a nice neighborhood . My daughters dorm ended up being only 4 blocks away,, so we were so fortunate to be able to walk back and forth . And , in walking distance of all the activity in the restaurant areas. I had originally planned to stay at a hotel( $$$) in the university district and at the last minute decided to try VRBO and found this apartment. I am so glad I did and found this perfect place to stay. . I made myself right at home and just loved it!!
- Guest camille r.
- Date of stay 09/21/13
- Review Submitted 09/29/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, sightseeing.
Comfortable, private and inviting studio
Comfortable, private and inviting studio
The studio was more than just a studio. The bedroom was comfortable - best pillows ever! The kitchen was large and accommodating - was very well stocked with all the essentials including a salad spinner and an incredible garlic press! The bathroom was well-lit with plenty of storage and room. The location was perfect - walking distance to University Way (The Ave), Ravenna Park, University Village and of course the University. Though it was in the upper 80's outside, the apartment stayed cool allowing for pleasant nights of sleep. Hope to visit again!
- Guest Survive-Oar (Central Coast, California)
- Date of stay 07/14/13
- Review Submitted 07/21/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, adventure seekers, tourists without a car, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $78 Nightly
- cleaning: $25
- Tax Rate 9.5%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Seatac at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Downtown Seattle at 6 Miles
- Nearest Train: King Street Station at 6 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-5 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Magnuson Park on Lake Washington at 5 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: several at 0.3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: several at 0.3 Miles
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: I am a licensed massage practitioner and a certified cranial sacral practitioner. I have an office downstairs. The downstairs has more space than I can use so I rent it out as a studio for vacationers. I moved to Seattle from Massachusetts in 1979 because I fell in love with Seattle at Gasworks park. There is no place in the world like it.
Why the Owner Chose University District:
This property is a great location with excellent public transportation access. It is close to the freeway. There are many green areas to walk to and through. There are several movie theaters, playhouses, bookstores, grocery shops and clothing stores nearby. A hardware store too.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
The property is beautifully landscaped. It calms you the minute you set foot in it.
- Primary: 206 524-6080
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
view of property from the street
entry down the stairs
open the door to find..
to your right is an alcove with a built in desk with the kitchen beyond.
greenery and entrance
beyond the bed is a coat closet, kitchen sink, cabinets and drawers.
assorted bowls and plates to prepare and serve food.
view out the door
view of entrance
door mat made of sea worthy fishing rope from Maine
a full size bed with all natural bedding.
built in kitchen nook, school art on the wall, african mask above to left.
Bathroom with shower and heated tile floor.
Coffee pot and stock pot above the gas stove with tea kettle.
complimentary fruit and (not pictured) tea, coffee and cookies or quick bread
work in progress
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 22, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.