Julian H Ranch ~ Autumn Mountain Escape ~ Art & Wine Theme
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Julian chateau / country house description
This Ranch Home gives you the best of both worlds by being only 1 mile from Main Street Julian and having a short distance to local attractions like Julian Apple Pies, Antique Shops, Boutiques, Art Galleries, Local Winery Tasting Rooms, Hard Apple Cider, Brewery and Fine Dinning, but also snuggled on a private Mountain Top with Spectacular Views of Julian Volcan Mountain, Salton Sea, Shelter Valley, Acres of Property to explore and hike with amazing sunrises, cool mountain fresh air from its wrap around balconies and surrounding area.
The home is set up with with an Art and Wine theme where you can experience local artist Photography and sip the local blends in lounging areas or your cozy rooms that have unique furniture made from wine barrels and gorgeous view from each room. Very clean and modern amenities with plenty of parking.
Equestrian Groups welcomed with plenty of room for Truck/Trailer & Horse accommodations for that Julian Ride.
As you enter the home on top main floor you will experience The Julian Photography Gallery where all art and photography in home may be purchased.
You will then enter the formal living room that includes access to balconies for eastern views, lounging areas with sofa and marble table that seats 4-6, wood burning Fireplace, Baby Grand Piano, 60' HD Sony Flat Screen TV, Blu Ray HD DVD, & Direct TV. Great area for entire family and/or friends to enjoy each others company by the piano sing along, board games, balcony area for that BBQ or snuggle up to a cozy fire with a cup of hot apple cider as you catch a movie.
Main Floor area includes 2 bedrooms with new queen size beds, fine thread count sheets, down pillows, ceiling fans, closets and views to Volcan Mountain and Garden areas.
Dinning Room includes dinning table for 8 and lounging Nook area for additional 6 with continued mountain views.
Formal Kitchen includes granite counter tops with separate island bar, two sinks, 5 burner stove, oven, microwave, dish washer, Refrigerator, plenty of cabinet space and supplies. Kitchen continues with great views and lends it self for family & friends to gather around for that special cooking experience.
From the Kitchen or Balcony we enter the downstairs amenities with 3 bedrooms all with new queen size beds, fine thread-count sheets, down pillows, unique wine barrel furniture and Julian landscape photography. All rooms and living area include the continue spectacular Mountain Views for that morning tea or coffee as you experience a Julian Sunrise.
Area includes 'Studio H Lounge' an additional lounging area with seating, 45' HD flat screen TV, Blu Ray HD DVD, Direct TV, Radio, Pool Table and access to exterior private patio with oak trees, pines,manzanitas and outdoor seating areas with views to Volcan Mountain, Salton Sea, and Acres of property.
Great area to relax, catch a movie, read that book or even kick it up a notch with cocktails & catch that big game, or play some pool as you take in Julians fresh air and mother earth.
- 4500 sq. ft.
- Chateau / Country House
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Private Chef
- Pets Considered:
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Hunting Small Game
- Hunting Big Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Mountain Climbing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Water Tubing
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Outlet Shopping
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Pan through the pine trees and dig into the California Countryside—with an Escape to Julian H Ranch in Julian, California, you're sure to strike it rich with a golden getaway. While the California Historical Landmark was packed with scrambling settlers during the Gold Rush, the only thing you'll be rushing into during your stay at this scenic ranch is when to schedule a Wine Flight at local Vineyards & Winery's Tasting Room. Glide through the ranch's gilded halls and take in the wealth of panoramic views before sipping your wine, tea, or local apple cider in your cozy accommodations. Afterwards, seek guidance from the ranch's stellar staff to plan your Julian adventure. 'A trip to Julian (pop. 3,000) is a trip back in time,' says Frommer's. 'The old gold-mining town, now best known for its apples and apple pies, has a handful of lodging options, its popularity is based on the fact that it gives city-weary folks a chance to get away from it all, especially on weekdays, when things are a little quieter here.' The ranch is only a mile from Julian's Main Street, so start your expedition by stopping by Julian's Chamber of Commerce to snag a map for a self-guided walking tour of the historic town. September has the Stomping of the Grapes Festival and in October Julian hosts its annual Apple Days Festival, packed with food, music, art, and kid friendly activities. If you aren't in town for the event, mine a bushel of juicy, fresh-picked apples from one of the area's multiple orchards. Shop at our many antique shops, boutiques, bakeries. Later, savor the cooling coastal breezes during your wine flight or horse back ridding with our gorgeous scenic trials. As the Cali sun begins its glowing descent, start dinner with an appetizer before sifting through a selection of seasonal entrées at our many local fine dinning restaurants. Julian offers a vast frontier of possibilities, and on this Vacation Escape you can discover a nugget of history while you savor a sampling of Pacific blends. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Beautiful view at Julian H Ranch
Beautiful view at Julian H Ranch
Better than we expected. Beautiful property with excellent view off the balcony. Very clean and well maintained. Our owner was very friendly and helpful in finding activities and dinning places for us. We look forward to coming back here again, and would tell our family and friends. We enjoyed dinning at Jeremy's and had a nice walk through Ofila Wineries. Loved the little town.
- Guest John & Gigi (Whittier California U.S.)
- Date of stay 10/18/13
- Review Submitted 10/27/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Fabulous "Horse" Vacation
Fabulous "Horse" Vacation
Great house and fabulous host! We were a group of 6 equestrian friends heading up to ride the trails around Julian. I was not able to find a place in town or in the surrounding area that could accommodate a group with horses - but Robert (the host) was willing to give it a try. We managed to get 3 horse trailers onto an area adjacent to his home, and spent a great weekend riding trails and enjoying the wonderful home with our horses "out back". We enticed Robert to join us for dinner as we really felt we found a new friend. Since our stay, Robert has cleared the area by his home to make it even more horse friendly. Great house overall with tons of room to be together or have alone time...gorgeous views....convenient to town...and if you happen to be a horse person, Julian H Ranch is a rare place to stay in luxury accommodations with your horse on property. We'll be back!
- Guest Calli (La Jolla, CA)
- Date of stay 09/10/13
- Review Submitted 10/21/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, pet owners, sightseeing, girls getaway, age 55+, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
Great House with Awesome Views
Great House with Awesome Views
We loved staying in Julian and exploring both the town and surrounding area. The ranch was big enough to accommodate four couples and kids. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything we needed to cook, and the two living rooms gave kids and adults their own space to socialize. But the best part was hanging out on the patio to watch the sun rise and enjoy the beautiful nights. The owner was very helpful, providing tourist tips and even discounts for some activities, and the house very clean. I would definitely stay here again.
- Guest Kris (Tucson Arizona )
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/27/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, adventure seekers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
|Base Room Rate
Jun 1 - Aug 31
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates vary depending on group size and dates:
*$250 - $500 per night with a 2-night minimum
* Weekly Rates are available at an average of 2,500/3,000 per week
* Special Group Packages (Wine Tours,Horse Back Ride,Catering, etc.
* Concierge Style Service for any Assistance on Julian Escape
* Tax & Cleaning fee not included. Please inquire for details.
*Deposit required for holding reservation
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: San Diego International Airport at 61.9 Miles
- Nearest Train: Smith Ranch & Julian Railroad at 2.9 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 79 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Mission Beach~Belmont Park Boardwalk Roller Coster at 62.9 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Baileys Bar ~BBQ ~ Brewery Full Bar ~ Live Music at 2.4 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Warner Springs Golf Course at 24 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Downtown Julian Main Street Dining at 2 Miles
- Primary: 7604272878 Robert
- Secondary: +1 760-455-9574 Esther
Links to more information:
Julian H Ranch ~ Sunset Views from Balconies, Living Room, Kitchen, & Bedrooms
Main Entrance with Snow Fall, Winter 2013 with Brick Walkways & Stone Walls
Balconies with Winter Snow Fall, great area to Lounge and take in the Views
Kitchen with Granite Counters, Separate Island with Sink & Plenty of Cabinets
Kitchen/Dinning Nook for that morning cup of coffee or tea & Views,Views,Views
Living Room ~ Fine Leather Sofa, Marble Table, 60'HDTV, BluRayDVD, Mt. Views
Prosecco Room ~ queen size bed & unique oak barrel furnisher, Julian Mt. Views
Sangiovese Room ~ Queen size bed Lg. Closet, seating area & Volcan Mt. Views
Syrah Room ~ New Queen size bed with Cozy area and continued Julian Views
Studio H Patio with views to Volcan Mountain, Salton Sea, Julian Sunrise
Many Julian Trails for Horse Back Ridding, minutes from the Ranch
10 minutes to Julian Fishing & Boating attractions for that summer catch
Winter Snow on Volcan Mountain ~ Views from balconies, Kitchen, Living, Dinning
Main Entrance in the Fall ~ Apricot Fruit Trees welcome you as you enter Home
Experience these spectacular Julian Sunrises & Mt. View from Balconies
Kitchen with Gorgeous Julian Views, 5 Burner Stove,Oven,Dishwasher,Microwave
Living Room with Vaulted Ceilings, Baby Grand Piano & Entertainment areas
Living Room with Wood Burning Fire Place, Seating Areas for Local Wine Tasting
Prosecco Room ~ Fine thread linen, down pillows, Volcan Mt. Views
Sangiovese Room ~ Queen size bed, oak barrel furniture & views to Volcan Mt.
Studio H Lounge ~ Additional Living Area, HD TV,Blu Ray,Pool Table, ext. patios
Equestrian Groups welcomed with areas for truck/trailer & Horse accommodations
Experience the Wildlife like Deer, Fox Turkeys, Falcons, Eagles, Quail, Rabbits
Try your Luck with Local Julian Gold Mining experience, as the Pioneers did
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, October 20, 2013
5 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.