Beautiful Long Lake Home Conveniently Located to Traverse City
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-6 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Long Lake house description
We are opening our home for the first time this year! The furnishings in the pictures may change as we are in the process of updating. This beautiful home on the highly regarded Long Lake just outside of Traverse City, MI has wonderful amenities. It sits on a large wooded lot on a quiet drive and overlooks 4 of the 5 islands in the clear waters of long lake. The many outdoor sitting areas allow you to sit and listen to the waves as your stress washes away.
The home is updated with granite countertops and a dishwasher in the kitchen, a full size washer and dryer and plenty of lakeside seating. This is a well stocked '2nd' home so all you need to do is relax and have fun. Linens and towels are not included. If you would like us to include them, they can be provided for $75, or $100 if you'd like us to include beach towels as well for your stay.
A fire pit sits by the waters edge for marshmallow roasting and there is a full size outside infrared grill just steps from the well equipped kitchen. There's even a Keurig coffee maker and waffle maker!
The configuration of this home is as follows:
Main Floor Master bedroom is spacious with new king bed and private bathroom on main floor with a flatscreen TV. The Laundry room in conveniently located just off the Master bedroom.
2nd bedroom with a Twin over Full Bunk beds, also on the main floor with a full bathroom just outside the door.
3rd Lower level 'Master' bedroom, and the most spacious offers a new king bed and great water views from the lower walkout level. This bedroom also has it's own private 1/2 bath.
Pull out queen sofa in the family room also facing the water in the lower walkout level.
The main floor boasts a large living room with a gas fireplace and breathtaking views of the lake. There is also a 40' flat screen TV and many 'old fashion' board games and puzzles, should the mood strike!
The lower level has a family room for extra space and overflow sleeping and also has great views of the lake.
There is a deck/sitting area in front of the home on both levels for sipping your coffee as you watch the sun come up.
There are also two large sitting areas at the waters edge and a spacious area at the end of the dock for enjoying the beauty of Long Lake up close.
This home has central air conditioning and hypo allergenic pillows to help your rest well. There is a long 90' dock where you can tie up your boat or you can enjoy paddling along the lakeshore in our kayaks which are available for daily or weekly rental. Enjoy sunshine from early morning until dinner as this home faces southwest.
Spend your days waking to beautiful sunrises, exploring the islands, hiking all the fun trails, fishing to your hearts content, waterskiing, and playing in the beautiful water with a hard sandy bottom that is perfect for young children, then finish with smores around the campfire at the shoreline. It's a perfect week waiting to happen!
We've worked hard to make this a 5 star home with everything you'll need to relax. If you want to totally relax and feel at home in a clean, fresh and beautiful environment with breathtaking views, and the beach just a few steps from your door, then this is the place for you!
- 1224 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
Updated and very well equipped kitchen with all the amenities of home. Boasting spices, oils, sugar, flour, etc, and new quality cookware and everything else you need to enjoy cooking in this kitchen...moreless
Waffle Maker, Large Griddle, Blender, Mixer, Toaster, Pitchers for mixing up beverages and lots of spices, sugar, flour, coffee, etc. Baking pans and bowls for mixing up those special meals....moreless
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
Fitness Room / Equipment:
There is a basketball hoop and basketball on the premises. There are also many fitness locations in Traverse City that offer short term deals. There are also Tennis Courts at Long Lake Township Park...moreless
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Nestled In is the best location on Long Lake. It is conveniently close to a boat launch, yet set in one of the quietest and quaintest areas on the lake. This is a southern facing property giving you sunrise views and long afternoon sun. Spend the day playing on your private beach or kayak out and take a hike around one of the many public islands. This home offers everything that you need to relax and enjoy your up north get-away. It is fresh, cozy and welcoming. The swimming is perfect for children and adults alike with a gentle slope to the deeper area. The 90 foot dock is set up to accommodate up to a 20 foot boat at the dock. Possibly larger, depending on the depth needed. The bottom is generally a firm sandy bottom with some small rocks/Petoskey stones near shore. The depth of the water is approximately 4-5 feet at the end of the dock depending on the season. You'll find that this beautiful home has everything that is desired for a relaxing stress free vacation!...moreless
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
Excellent golf courses are nearby. The 'Bear' at the Grand Traverse Resort is a challenging course with magnificent views of Grand Traverse Bay, while 'Mistwood' is just 10 minutes away in Lake Ann....moreless
Deck / Patio:
Outdoor table seats 6 on the walkout level. There are also two additional large sitting areas at the waters edge with chaise lounges, six chairs, a firepit and a boat house to store life jackets in....moreless
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Ski & Snowboard:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
This home offers 100 feet of private frontage with great swimming on a nice sandy bottom. It overlooks 4 of the 5 Long Lake Islands and offers spectacular views from both levels of the two story home...moreless
- Beach View
- Water View
- Lake View
- Water Tubing
- Water Skiing
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Equestrian Events
- Ice Skating
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Freshwater Fishing
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Recreation Center
- Live Theater
- Outlet Shopping
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- This home is located just West of Traverse City conveniently situated near a small grocery store and equally close to Traverse City, Lake Ann, and Interlochen. The loons will keep you company at the dock, but if you should need more entertainment than they can offer then Northern Michigan is the place to be. Interlochen Center for the Arts is just a few miles away and offers many great entertainers that are brought in during the summer months and the creative students at Interlochen put on many great events throughout the school year. Wineries abound in the area with delicious late harvest rieslings, whites, and reds. Wine tours are a fun way to see the beautiful area and enjoy the fruits of Northern Michigan. There are many highly acclaimed wineries on both Old Mission Peninsula and Leelanau Peninsula. Just the drive to these wineries is breathtaking and worth your time! There are many beaches within a 30 min drive along the Lake Michigan National Shoreline that offer long walks on the sandy shore searching for the infamous Petoskey Stones or surfing on the larger Lake Michigan waves. This part of Michigan is an epicurean's delight. There are many restaurants in the area and one to suit every appetite. We love Apache Trout Grille on West Bay for great food and to relax and watch the sail boats as well as Stella's for yummy local delicacies. Amical on Front Street has great lunch and dinner and a fun front porch which is great for 'people watching' while you eat great food. LaBecasse in Glen Arbor offers fantastic french cuisine and Minervas in The Park Place has a great Sunday brunch. The Omelette Shoppe on Front and on Cass offers the BEST omelettes around as well as lots of other great breakfast and lunch favorites. North Peak brewery is a fun and hopping brew pub that offers everything from burgers and steaks to excellent salads! Pearl's New Orleans Kitchen in Elk Rapids is a drive, but if you love cajun food, then it's worth the drive. There are just too many to choose from! You'll have to eat out every meal just to experience all that the area has to offer your palate. If you want to cook for yourself there is a great farmers market between Front Street and Grand View Parkway every Saturday morning and Burritt's on Front Street has lots of fresh veggies and fantastic cuts of meat to please the carnivore in your group. They also have a wide variety of wine, both local and international to go along with that Leelanau Cheese that you picked up on your trip to Suttons Bay! Once you've eaten your way through the town, there are lots of fun activities to do to burn off those calories. There is a TART trail that runs from 'Almost Acme' all the way to Suttons Bay. This is a very scenic trail for running, biking, or roller blading your way through Leelanau Peninsula. There is also a similar path that runs from Beulah to Frankfort. Canoeing or tubing on the Platte River is also a great way to spend an afternoon or an entire day. There is ballooning over Traverse City or renting a jet ski for a day. You can always take on the Sleeping Bear Dunes and trek over the dunes all the way to Lake Michigan or just drive through Stocking Park and take in the beauty of the Magnificent 'Three Bears'! There are so many great things to do in this area that it's hard to take it all in. Traverse City and the surrounding areas have many festivals that often run back to back. From wine and food festivals to mushroom, fishing, and art they run the gamut. There are winter festivals that highlight all of our winter activities to the Cherry Festival that features our regions best known fruit. This region is diverse in it's offerings and provides enough variety to please just about everyone! Be sure to check out Benjamin Twiggs for your local cherry souvenirs and you can even ship them to your friends right from the store. If you enjoy shopping there are many boutiques in Traverse City on Front Street, as well as in Suttons Bay, Leland, Empire, and Frankfort that are well worth your time. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This place was awesome!!
This place was awesome!!
We have rented on Mickey Lake several times but couldn't secure that place during this time period. Found this place nearby on Long Lake and are glad we did! Leslie, the owner, met us (she is a delight and super sweet!) and went through a tour of the house inside and outside, explaining the workings and answering questions. The house was immaculate and recently redone. The kitchen was brand new and had everything needed to make it like home. The whole place was cozy beachy comfortable. Love love love having a gas fireplace…starts with a button click! Having a nice dock for our boat was great but the best part was also having a boat lift with a cover…talk about spoiled! We rented in the fall when it was too chilly to try but there is a lovely swimming area that would be awesome in the summer and especially for children as there is a nice sized area that’s shallow. All of this and nearby Traverse City make “Nestled In” the perfect choice! We will be back!
- Guest Z (Grand Rapids, OH )
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 10/28/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, sightseeing, romantic getaway, girls getaway, families with teenagers, age 55+.
Fantastic Summer Vacation!
Fantastic Summer Vacation!
We so enjoyed our stay at "Nestled In" this summer. The home has recently been redecorated, was spotless,and almost everything is brand new. The kitchen is perfect with every utensil, appliance and accessory that you would need to prepare meals—along with a gas grill right outside the kitchen door. Views of the lake were phenomenal and especially enjoyed watching the full moon rise at night over the water. The kids loved walking down to the dock to either swim or kayak to Long Island and Crescent Shores boat ramp is just down the road if you want to rent a boat for a few days- highly recommended. From Long Lake, downtown Traverse City is just 10-15 minutes away and you can explore Sleeping Bear Dunes and the Lake Michigan beach towns like Empire to the west. Just a wonderful place to spend a week and would highly recommend. Owners were helpful and accommodating and we could not have been more pleased. We love Long Lake and Nested In!
- Guest CuyahogaSix (Chagrin Falls, OH)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/06/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, families with teenagers.
Owner response: Jeff~ Thank you for your great review! We want to do all that we can to make the home and all it's amenities exceed your expectations and we hope that it did just that. We love Long Lake are are so glad that your family was able to experience the beauty of Long Lake and it's islands, and all that this remarkable Northern Michigan area has to offer! Thank you again for choosing to stay at "Nestled In" and for taking time to write such a nice review! ~ Leslie
BeautifulGuest comment entered by owner
We weren't familiar with Long Lake until this vacation and we've fallen in love with all of it's islands and beauty and your home is so much better than we ever expected! We look forward to coming back again!
- Guest Cincinnati, OH
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Nice Getaway on Beautiful Long Lake
Nice Getaway on Beautiful Long Lake
This is a lovely home with lots of natural lighting and a beautiful view overlooking many of the islands of Long Lake. A relaxing getaway with many modern conveniences.
- Guest Kelly R.
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/16/13
Owner response: Thank you for your kind words about our home. We work hard to make it feel like you're staying in a five star resort minus all the other guests to allow for much more tranquility. We hope that you'll visit us again soon! Thank you for taking time to review Nestled In, we appreciate your feedback!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 6 nights or more: $260 Nightly
Jun 29 - Aug 31
6 night min stay
|Fourth of July/Cherry Festival
Jun 28 - Jul 4, 2014
7 night min stay
|Traverse City Film Festival
Jul 26 - Aug 1, 2014
7 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
In the Summer Months this home is a Weekly Rental. Check in is Saturday at 5:00 and check out is Friday at 10am (If Saturday 10 am check out is desired, addition $455) Add'l nights optional. During the Winter Months it is available as a nightly rental with a 2 night minimum. Rates during the winter months are offered at low season rates.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed
50% of rental rate is due to reserve dates. The remainder of rental fee is due 30 days prior to arrival. There is an additional $125 cleaning fee and a 6% Michigan sales tax that we are required to pass on to the state.
If linens are preferred, please add an additional $75.00, and an extra $25.00 for beach towels. Check availability for kayaks, longboard, and pontoon rental from owners.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$1820/per week from September - June with the exception of New Years Eve. Nightly rates also are available from September 1, 2013 - June 20, 2014, with a two night minimum.
$2975/per week from June 30 - August 31, 2013, with the exception of the 4th of July/Cherry Festival Week, and TC Film Festival @ $3150/per week.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: TVC Cherry Capital Airport in Traverse City at 14 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Leland Transit to Manitou Island at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 31 at 8 Miles
- Nearest Beach: 100 Ft of Private frontage on beautiful Long Lake at Long Lake
- Nearest Barpub: Hayloft Inn at 3.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Crystal Mountain at 18 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mistwood Golf Course at 4 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Boone's Long Lake Inn at 3 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We both grew up in the beautiful Traverse City area and spent much of our childhood enjoying the crystal clear water and hiking the islands of beautiful Long Lake.
Why the Owner Chose Long Lake:
We decided several years ago to make it our dream to own a home on Long Lake where our children can swim and fish and we will some day retire to. However, we wanted a specific setting to lend to complete relaxation, a quiet drive into the home, a large private lot with a somewhat 'woodsy' feel, a beautiful view of the many islands, and a nice area near the water to sit and roast marshmallows or sip a cup of coffee.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
When we found this home we knew that we'd found our 'Long Lake get-away' or 'Nestled In' as it appears to be when you drive in the driveway. When we aren't able to be here enjoying our home we'd like to offer it to you and your family for some wonderful memory making moments of our own.
- Primary: 231-645-5274
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Waterfront side of the home.
Outside grilling area under covered roof.
The other wall of the kitchen.
Living room with a cozy and convenient gas fireplace and a large TV.
Dining Room overlooking Long Lake.
Large lower bedroom with new King size bed, 1/2 bath, & great view of the water!
Lower bedroom facing the water. Furnishing will be different with new bed.
Lower level family room facing the water.
Steps around the side of the house down to the water.
100 feet of private quiet frontage with multiple gathering areas.
A quiet drive in with this as the final tranquil destination.
A view of the water and Long Island from the front porch.
One side of the fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops.
A very well equipped kitchen with a Keurig Coffee maker, dishwasher and granite!
Main flr living room. Furnishings will differ from photo in the update process.
Upper deck overlooking the islands.
Master Bedroom with a New King size bed, on main floor overlooking the water.
Bedroom with New Twin over Full bunk beds on main/upper level.
Lower patio area just off the walk-out family room level with seating for six.
A rainbow between three islands. This picture was taken from the front porch.
The large sitting area right at the water's edge.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, August 15, 2013