Casperia's 1600's Stone-House, Less Than 1 Hour Drive from Rome
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Casperia chateau / country house description
Placed on the top of a hill, 'La Palombara' offers a 360° view of the Roman countryside so-called ' La Sabina'. 'La Palombara' is a traditional stone-house from Sabina's region, which architecture is dated 1630. It's a quiet, safe and breathtaking place that offers a perfect base to visit Lazium with its lakes, medieval villages, shores and the Italian capital ROME, which is less than 1 hour drive away. The house is charming & comfortable, elegantly furnished, with a fireplace in the double living room, and the kitchen is fulled equipped with an indoor grill/barbecue. It has an extendable table for up 8 people. The 2-floor main structure is 220 sqm and it is composed by the double living room (about 70sqm) and large kitchen, 3 bathrooms and 3 bedrooms (up to 7 people sleeping in beds). Furthermore there is an independent studio with an independent entrance that offers a large bedroom (3 people sleeping in beds), a kitchenette and a bathroom.
- 220 m²
- Chateau / Country House
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Events Allowed
- Smoking Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Child's Highchair
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Wildlife Viewing
- Medical Services
- Mountain Biking
- Winery Tours
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Less than 1 hour drive from Rome, Sabina is a historical and geographical region of central Italy, situated between Umbria, Lazio and Abruzzo . Historically, the Sabina is the land inhabited by the Sabines, pre-Roman population of Indo-European. The Sabine territory is crossed by the ancient Via Salaria that starts in Rome and it runs towards the Adriatic sea. It is a hilly region covered by olive trees and where there are several medieval hilltop towns. It's famous for its 'olive oil DOP Sabina', which is one of the most prestigious Italian olive oils. It is less known abroad if compared with olive oils from Tuscany or Puglia, because its production is quite small and the Italian market absorbs most of it, leaving a little quantity available for exportation. Our house is located in Casperia, a good example of Sabina's medieval hilltop town. It has been fully renovated in the last decades and people that live there really take care of their homes- there is plenty of flowers all over the labyrinth of charming twisted & narrow stone streets. Thanks to increasing tourism activity in the region, Casperia refreshed its buildings that risked to be abandoned, as it happens in other medieval hilltop towns in other less-touristic Italian regions. In fact Casperia attracts increasingly tourists from mainly the U.K., Netherlands, Germany and Canada. The rest of Europe and the U.S. are starting to know the Sabina region and its medieval towns, but it is still a calm and unique destination that preserves its local and millenarian identity. The advantage of Casperia is that it is about 1-hour drive from downtown Rome. Further it has an ideal position to visti Tivoli, Viterbo, Orvieto, Spoleto, Todi, Assisi, Perugia, Deruta, South of Tuscany, Tarquinia, Castelli Romani, to name but a few, are all within an hour and a half drive or less. Finally we find in Casperia every service needed to enjoy a relaxing but culturally stimulating holidays- drugstore, grocery stores, including traditional bakery and home-made pasta shops, Italian coffee shops, bank services, restaurants and a beautiful club that offers a large pool and several tennis courts within a breathtaking surroundings. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Villa on the Hill!
Villa on the Hill!
I stayed here with several friends and it was delightful. The house is a beautiful traditional stone villa from the outside but is renovated with all the modern conveniences inside. One plus that travelers who have stayed in Italian homes will appreciate: the house is equipped with screens! This may sound funny to Americans but many Italian homes do not have screens so I found this to be a perk. The kitchen is enormous and perfect for cooking up delicious Italian meals. While there, we dined on the patio. and I felt like I was in my own Italian movie. The owner, Larissa, was very helpful on our stay. She studied in the US and therefore speaks perfect English (as well as Portuguese, French, and Italian). This villa would be great for a large group to use as their home base on a trip to Lazio, particularly for those interested in seeing the countryside by car.
- Guest Lauretta (Columbus, Ohio)
- Date of stay 08/08/13
- Review Submitted 08/21/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: €120 Nightly
Sep 16 - Jun 14
7 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: €100 Nightly; 14 nights or more: €90 Nightly
|High Season & Holidays
Jun 15 - Sep 15
7 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: €120 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
High-season (Mid-June/ Mid-September, Christmas & New Year, Easter and holidays) €950/week, from Sat through Sat
Low-season .................. €770/week from Sat through Sat
An extra heating fee could apply for Winter, please contact owner for further information.
Discount for Multi-Week rentals.
Long Weekend and alternate arrival dates may be available, please contact owner.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: €200
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Fiumicino Airport (Rome) at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: Poggio Mirteto at 13 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Tarquinia, Fregene at 100 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: At Casperia at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: 'Friends Café', restaurant, wine bar & pub at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 25
About the owner: I meet my husband in the U.S., while we were studying at the University of Iowa. I grew up in Belo Horizonte, Brazil, while he is from Rome/Italy. After quitting the U.S., we've lived in France for several years and we finally set up in his hometown Rome with our two lovely boys.
Why the Owner Chose Casperia:
'La Palombara' is the result of a 10-year reconstruction project that started from a ruin dated 1630. My father-in-law followed with great passion the reconstruction workers and he took personal care of every single detail of the house, preserving the original structure of its medieval architecture. He left to us a masterpiece!
The Unique Benefits at this Chateau / Country House:
Placed on the top of a hill, 'La Palombara' offers a 360° view of the Roman countryside so-called 'Sabina'. It's a quiet, safe and breathtaking landscape offering a perfect base to visit Lazium with its lakes, medieval villages, castles, shore and the Italian capital ROME, which is less than 1-hour drive away. In the web site ilmiolazio.com you find complete information about 'La Sabina', Rome and Lazium, including main touristic destinations, art and culture events (festivals, exhibitions), nature (parks, lakes), flavors (Sabine cuisine, few traditional recipes and main products), routes (walking/bike routes), etc. I make sure to help personally all my guests in finding everything they need in the region. Having some tips and information from someone who knows the place could make the difference while traveling to Italy.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
The view of the house on the top of its hill
The upper part of the living room and the fire place
The view from the suite, on the 2nd floor.
The bathroom in the suite
The third room has two single beds
The marble table for up 12 people
View of the medieval town of Casperia, 2 km away
The tower and main entrance
The back of the house and its garden.
The Kitchen is equipped with a indoor barbecue, microwave, oven, dishwasher.
The lower part of the living room and the TV corner (left of photo)
The main suite/bedroom has a private bathroom and an exit to the tower
Here is the view from the suite
The second bedroom has a queen sized bed
From the living room towards the garden, on the back.
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, December 05, 2013