Nelson Heritage House for Rent by Night, Week or by the Month
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Nelson house description
The house is perfect for a group of up to 10 people. PRICING depends on when you are looking at renting(high season, holidays and low season), and of course how many people are in your group. $120/night is based on up to 4 people for a month rental. THE HOUSE- There are 2 bathrooms with a claw foot tub, and a shower. There are 4 bedrooms-2 queen beds, and 3 double beds. The brightly lit kitchen also overlooks the lake and has all your kitchen needs! There is a large living room with a flatscreen TV. There is a phone at the house for making local calls. Wireless internet works through out the house.
There is lots of room outside undedr the deck for safe storage of bikes. Inside the house are ski racks and a boot drying rack.
- 1700 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 10
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Outdoor Grill:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Lake View
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sight Seeing
- Horseback Riding
- My vacation rental is the whole house that I have owned since I moved to Nelson in 2000. This newly renovated heritage home sits peacefully and privately amongst the trees with only one neighbor far up a hill to the right. Everything from the electrical and plumbing to the drywall, paint, tile, wood trim, windows, and the roof has been renovated. I installed all high efficient appliances, -washer/dryer, furnace, water on demand hot water tank, fridge and gas stove. I kept the original hard wood floors. ALL YEAR AROUND ACTIVITIES & THINGS TO DO WALKING FROM THE HOUSE-You are a 10 minute easy walk to Lakeside Park, playground and beach, also to Gyro Park's Baker Street look out, kid's pool and playground. A quick walk gets you to Safeway, Save-on Foods, the liquor store and Nelson's historical downtown and Baker Street. Here you can spend days looking through our many shops, amazing restaurants, famous cafes. Stop and take some time to cruise through the many arts and craft stores, and museums. You can also be swimming or sitting in the hot tub or sauna at our local rec centre after a easy 8 minute stroll. For such a small town Nelson boasts numerous restuarants that are very worth checking out-delicious!!! I have a book at the house with the names and phone numbers of the restaurants(and their specialties), cafes and shops. For the WINTER visitor- SKIING-Whitewater and all of its fresh and light powder is located 10 km from town, and up a 10 km road off the highway. Red Mountain is located in Rossland which is about a 45 minute drive away, and well worth the drive! CAT AND HELI SKIING-There are many cat skiing and heli-skiing operations that are based out of Nelson, and our surrounding area. CROSS COUNTRY SKIING-There are 2 cross country ski areas both close to town. Also come join the locals and enjoy the Rails to Trails trail and strap on your cross country ski's for a quiet and peaceful ski for as long as your heart desires! Just west of Castlegar is Nancy Green Ski Area with hours and hours of groomed cross country ski trails. For the SPRING/SUMMER/FALLvisitor- HIKING/WALKING-There are numerous hiking trails, some walking distance from the house, others a drive away. Kokanee Glaciar Park being world famous and about an hour drive gets you to the paking lot. MOUNTAIN BIKING/LEISURE RIDING/ROAD RIDING-Nelson is known for its mountain biking- trails ranging from beginer to very advanced. Many of these trails are accessable by bike from the house with a ride of 10 or so minutes to the trail heads. You can bike or drive to many places to start the Rails to Trails trail where you can bike, run, or walk for hours on an old railroad track that has been converted to a gravel trail with wonderful views of Kootenay Lake. The road riding is outstanding right from Nelson. The highway north from town follows the lake for an outstanding scenic ride with the breeze off the lake to cool you down. The circle loop of the Slocan Valley is amazing for those wanting the longer rides(200km or so). GOLF- There are plenty of golf courses in the Nelson and surrounding area. Granite Point Golf Course is Nelson's local golf course and is a 10 minute drive from the house. Balfour Golf Course is a 30 minute drive and Castlegar Golf Course is a 30-40 minute drive away. The famous Kokanee Springs Golf Resort is a 30 minute drive and then the 30 minute free ferry ride away. The golf course offers free pick up and drop offs from the east side ferry landing. ROCK CLIMBING-There is rock climbing close to town, a crag here in town above Selkirk College's 10th Street Campus and others a drive away. Currently Nelson is without an indoor climbing gym, but I hear that there is talk of one opening up soon! I will keep you posted. For the SUMMER visitor- SWIMMING/KIDS PLAYGROUND-The swimming is great in Kootenay Lake, and you can walk to Lakeside Park beach in 10 minutes from the house. There is a great trail that follows the lakeside you can take to get you there, or drive and launch your boat at Lakeside Park's boat launch. There is a concession stand to buy some yummy treats, and a kids playground there as well. Gyro Park is a quick 5 minute walk from the house, there you will find a fabulous Baker Street look out as well as a childrens play ground, swimming pool and water park. WATER SPORTS-At Lakeside Park beach you can rent kayaks and paddle boards. For bigger toys you can rent boats and jet ski's at the dock behind the Prestige Inn. If you brought your own boats there are a few different boat launches to choose from. BEACHING-There are plenty of beaches to choose from, some within walking distances from the house and others a quick drive away. Kokanee Park, Taghum Beach are two outstanding beaches that are worth the drive to visit! Kokanee Park has BBQ pits, and a playground for the kids to enjoy as well....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Great house in a beautiful city.
Great house in a beautiful city.
Superb character home with a view of the lake. Close to everything you might need. Vehicle access is up a steep driveway and may rattle those not keen on backing down to get out, but we had no issue with it. Home is very comfortable but would be improved with upgraded mattresses and the addition of ceiling fans or at least more portable ones to fight the hot Kootenay summer nights. A couple of small fans were provided but they didn't help enough. Upstairs loft is especially stuffy. Access for those not wanting to deal with a lot of stairs would be an issue in this home. Very pleasant owner, easy to deal with.
- Guest Austindriver (St.Albert AB)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/02/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, age 55+, families with teenagers, families with young children, girls getaway, adventure seekers.
Owner response: Thank you so much for the wonderful review! You definitely caught Nelson during our very hot week of weather, I hope that you took full advantage of Kootenay Lake to help keep cool! I am always so grateful to get feed back on the house~so again THANK YOU!!! I have always found to help with the week of really hot weather we get in Nelson that if the loft skylights are fully open, and keeping the windows at both ends open it help to keep a draft flowing and eliminates the stuffyness! But fans are a great idea for a purchase for the house!! As for the beds-the loft bed and queen bed at top of stairs are brand new mattress', I hope that you found those two to your liking! Again, it was so great to get your review, I hope to see you again soon!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates based on number of people and number of nights staying. 3 nights minimum is appreciated. On line bank and email transfers, Paypal, personal cheque, and cash accepted at this point in time. 50% of rental rate is paid at time of booking to confirm reservation.
Cancellation Policy is 50% refund of the deposit if 30 or more days are given, no refund if less than 30 days notice are given.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$500
- Pet Fee: C$100
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Castlegar Airport at 45 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Balfour Ferry at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: 3A at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Lakeside Park at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Mikes Place at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Whitewater Ski Resort at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Nelson Golf and Country Club at 4 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Main Street Diner at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2000
About the owner: My name is Julie-Claire and I have owned this house since 2000. I lived in the house for 8 years and loved every moment in it! In 2009 my husband and I purchased a house just across the big orange bridge here in Nelson. I just couldn't sell this house as I LOVE it so much, so I decided to make it into a vacation rental. I am an electrician by trade, and have worked here in Nelson for 13 years as an electrician at various companies and as an instructor for Selkirk College. Currently I am on a year of maternity leave as I just had my second baby in April 2013.
Why the Owner Chose Nelson:
I have always loved Nelson...I grew up in Deep Cove, North Vancouver and since graduating high school I have moved to numerous towns and cities over BC but I always new that one day when I would settle down in Nelson. The culture and beauty of Nelson draw so many unique and different people-all types and it is what makes Nelson so special. The location of being hidden off all major highways, nestled amoungst the mountains, and overlooking gorgeous Kootenay Lake make Nelson so spectacularily gorgeous.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
My house has a warm, cozy feeling. The colors and the lay out of the hosue make everyone immediately feel comfortable and at home. The deck has entertained many over the years as they enjoy its magnificiant view of Kootneay Lake and Kokanee Glaciar. My favorite thing about this house is how you feel like you are hidden away in a quiet, peaceful spot miles away from any neighbors or the hussle bussle of the town, but really you are right there almost in the core of it, surrounded by trees on 3.5 sides and an easy walk to anywhere I ever wanted to go!
- Primary: 250-352-7134
View from deck
Deck and BBQ, hammocks swing between posts
Cooking area and pantry off to the right
Relax in the claw foot tub
Bed #2 Queen Mattress
Sitting area and Double futon
Sitting Area and Double Futon
Side and Main Entry to house
View from your car up to deck
Front of house-front looks towards Kootenay Lake and Kokanee Glaciar
2 patios tables and chairs
Eating area and table expands to fit 10 people
Comfortable living room, flatscreen TC, PVR, DVD p;ayer, and library of books
Or shower in the shower
Bed #1-Double Mattress
Bed #3(loft) Queen Mattress
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 19, 2013
4 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.