Naples Retreat in the 10,000 Islands
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Port of the Islands condo description
This 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom condo is located in the Port of the Islands community. The master bedroom is equipped with a queen sized bed, walk in closet, secondary closet and master on suite with large walk in shower and additional closet for towels and linens. The second bedroom is equipped with a large desk for home office and futon style couch, which pulls out to a double sized bed and large closet. The guest bathroom is equipped with a tub/shower. The unit also contains a washer and dryer. The kitchen has a serving window for an open view into the living room, patio, and outside. The unit is situated with a view from the patio of pristine mangrove forest behind the Faka Union river. A large table and chairs allow guests to enjoy their meals while appreciating the wildlife and scenery.
The community also offers several ammenities, such as a community pool, marina, boat ramp, and fitness center with tennis courts (paid seperately). This is the perfect gateway to the Everglades National Park, 10,000 Islands, Fakahatchee Strand, Big Cypress and much more!
- On floor 1
- 1116 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 4-6
- Master bedroom with on suite, walk in closet, and secondary closet. The master has a window with western view of the mangroves and sliding glass door access to the patio both with vertical blinds. The guest bedroom contains a large work desk with a color printer (photo printing capability also), lamp, and adjustable office chair. The sofa can be pulled out into a double sized bed for guests. Both bedrooms are carpetted....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Master bathroom contains a walk in shower and large vanity with storage space. The toilet has a separate door to close off within the bathroom. A closet is also inside the bathroom for towels and storage. The guest bathroom is just outside of the guest bedroom, opposite of the kitchen, and adjacent to the closet containing the washer and dryer. Both bathrooms have tile floors....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
The condo is waterfront, with floating boat dock and designated space just outside the back patio door. Deepwater boat access to the Gulf of Mexico or 10,000 islands and Everglades National Park. ...moreless
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Surf Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Fitness Center
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- The property is located in Port of the Islands, which is a waterfront community located about 20 minutes south of Naples and Marco Island and 20 minutes north of Everglades City. The community contains a marina with bait and tackle shop and boat launch. Manatee tours and fishing guides are available through the marina and airboat rides/eco-tours are available nearby the community. For the outdoors enthusiast, Fakahatchee Strand, Big Cypress National Preserve, the 10,000 islands, and Everglades National Park offer fantastic trails for hiking, kayaking, boating, and fishing all within minutes away. Just across US41, Port of the Islands gun club offers trap, skeet, and sporting clays for the shooting enthusiast. Several golf courses are also within close proximity on US41. Twenty five minutes north of the property, in the heart of downtown Naples are the numerous restaurants, bars, and upscale shopping of Fifth Avenue, while twenty minutes south of the property, Everglades City and Chokoloskee offer the charm of old Florida. This property is perfect for those looking to retreat to a quiet, peaceful location while still within the reach of the ammenities of nearby Naples. Personal nearby favorites include kayaking through the mangrove tunnels into East River and Fakahatchee bay, walking the Big Cypress Bend Boardwalk, visiting Clyde Butcher's Gallery, fly fishing the backwaters of the 10,000 islands, taking the Key West Express from Marco Island for a day trip, photography in the Fakahatchee Strand State Preserve Park and enjoying the fine dining on Fifth Avenue. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Peak Winter Season, 3month min
Jan 1 - Apr 1
30 night min stay
Oct 1 - Dec 31
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
MONTHLY RENTALS ONLY
+ $120 non-refundable inspection / cleaning fee
Rental fees include all utilities
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Pet Fee: $150 + tax
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 10%
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: RSW, Fort Meyers Regional Airport at 50 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Key West Express, Marco Island at 18 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US41 at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Tigertail Beach at 18 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Eagle Lakes Golf Club at 9 Miles
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: I am an avid outdoorsman, fly fisherman and photographer. I have a great passion for the Florida outdoors where I grew up diving, fishing, and hunting while trying to capture as much of it as I could on film. After high school, I went to pursue an engineering degree at Virginia Tech and upon graduation began working as a field engineer for an oilfield service company. I have worked in various locations throughout the world and currently reside in Houston, TX but home always remains south Florida to me.
Why the Owner Chose Port of the Islands:
I first began coming to Port of the Islands when I was a teenager with a friend who's family has a condo there. We would go as a weekend getaway and fish the back bays and islands of the 10,000 islands and Everglades National Park. I immediately fell in love with the area. I began coming on my own with a kayak or canoe and finding my own trails through the backcountry and mangrove tunnels and exploring places raw and beautiful. For being so close to the hustle and bustle of southeast Florida where we lived, it felt like we were a world away. As I grew older I began working as a field engineer in various locations throughout the world. Working on a rotation allowed me to work for several months and then take a few weeks or a month off until the next project. I was able to live in the location of my choice during my time off and decided that Port of the Islands was the perfect place where I could be within easy reach of the ammenities of Naples, but just far enough outside to enjoy the open space and outdoors of natural Florida.
The Unique Benefits at this Condo:
The unique benefits of this property are definitely in the surroundings. From the back patio the western view of the mangrove lined river and small creeks during sunset are fantastic. The ability to walk out from the back patio and straight down to the floating dock was a huge seller over other properties in the community.
- Primary: 5618439814
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Living room view
View from the patio looking out
Living room and looking into the master bedroom
Master bedroom looking in
Master bathroom shower and sink
Home office desk
Kitchen looking out towards the living room
Living room view
Boat slip with skiff parked in it
Master bedroom window and sliding door to the patio
Master bedroom walk in closet
Guest bedroom/home office with pullout double bed
Pull out couch into guest bed
Aerial view of Port of the Islands
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 27, 2014
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.