VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
We are located In Carlsbad Village Proper, this newly updated one story beach cottage is a true urban beach town getaway. Sounds of the city, distant train and local street life and still with the flavor of our funky sleepy beach/surf town. The 2 bedroom Cottage sleeps up to 6 with a spacious, bright updated kitchen, a full bathroom,fireplace and fully fenced yards. The Cottage has a comfortable new King size NovaFoam bed in the Master, a comfy Queen and trundle in second bedroom room and a leather Queen memory foam sofa sleeper in the living room. The Cottage is the main residence and we also have a VRBO Guest Cottage available on-site too - check out #361784, The Hideaway.
* Located 4-5 blocks from the surf n sand of our amazing Southern California beaches and just a short walk to the Village center where you'll find great shops, health spa, restaurants and entertainment for everyone. Close to all major attractions. Lego Land – 5 mins, Sea World – 25 mins, SD Zoo – 30 mins, Wild Animal Park - 45 mins, Coaster ( Train ) 2 blocks away can whisk you Down Town San Diego 35 mins.
* Newly upgraded, this sophisticated, yet warmly welcoming Coastal Cottage is nice laid back and fun! Charming, like new, very clean inside and out with bamboo shades and wainscoting. Has Fully equipped kitchen stocked with dishes, flatware, pots, pans , knives, blender, vintage gas range/oven, coffee maker, blender, microwave, new refrigerator/freezer, toaster and almost everything you would need to cook up and serve a great meal in the comforts of home. Also includes hair dryer and hand soaps.
* Adorable outside laundry nook with Free washer and dryer on site with everything you need to wash your clothes the way you like, when you like.
* This Cottage has it's own private patio/yard for beach style outdoor living, includes a gas BBQ and patio seating. Inviting front porch to relax and watch the world go by or watch a beautiful SoCal sunset.
* Large Flat screen TVs with movie channels, High speed secured wireless internet.
* Beach equipment includes towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, ice cooler and sand toys
Please check the calendar within this ad as it's current and updated daily. There's also a Google maps that shows our exact location here in the Village close to the beach and the rates are posted as well.
Keywords: Cute Coastal Cottage, 3 bedrooms, sleeps 2-8, walk to all - The Village, restaurants, beach and the train station. Pet friendly with owner discretion.
Master bedroom measures 12' x 13' and furnished with a 43' flat screen TV.
Bedroom 2 is 10' x 13' and a closet. It shares a full bathroom with Bedroom 3.
Bedroom 3/Bonus Room has a queen size sofa sleeper and shares a full bedroom with Bedroom 2.
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: The Beach Cottage was purchased as our main dream residence several years ago. However, upon becoming empty nesters of a certain age, we decided to take off and see the country in our Airstream trailer for a year. We have enjoyed our journey and would like to continue on for awhile so decided to head out again. We have 2 other VRBOs: The Hideaway Guest Cottage #361784 (check out the reviews) which is actually on site and; The Getaway, a condo,, #403200 is nearer to the beach -- we have had great experiences, met great people and made amazing friends along the way.
Why the Owner Chose Private Homes, Village: Its home! The living is easy -- you can walk or bike everywhere! The beaches, restaurants, shopping, post office, Farmers Market, and New Village Arts Theatre. The area is friendly, bustling, casual and laid back. The beach cottage itself was rescued from foreclosure and is a classic example of a beach house with simple architectural details. We have kept the home's heritage while adapting to the needs of a contemporary lifestyle. The cozy, warm, casual atmosphere is a combination of flea-market finds, vintage as well as new pieces so you don't have to worry about a fussy environment.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage: This place originally had a Charlie Brown X-mas tree feel to it -- it was just crying out for a little TLC to bring it back to its proud prime. The adorable little cottage was a labor of love us and we hope you enjoy it too!