Coffee Growing Estate in the Heart of the Andes Mountains
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Manizales estate description
Beautiful, architect designed house with breathtaking views of the mountains. Ideal for large groups or two families as there are two wings with three bedrooms on each side. Our lovely housekeeper Amparo and husband have been with us for more than 12 years. Amparo is a very experienced cook and will prepare typical or international dishes to cater for all gastronomical requirements. Visitors will be treated every morning to truly extraordinary views from the living room or if they wish, from the swimming pool or Jacuzzi. Or if the urgency comes, why not enjoy a long siesta on one of hammocks away from any worry in the world.
- 640 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Smoking Allowed
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20, Beds for 12-20
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub
- Private Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Lawn / Garden
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Monument View
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Medical Services
- Equestrian Events
- Mountain Biking
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- If you love comfort, enjoy breathtaking landscapes, go horse riding through the mountains, play golf in a course in the Andean mountains in between coffee fields and spectacular mountains, and all in great style, this is the place to spend your holidays. The farm is located in the Vereda el Higuerón, close to Palestina, Caldas at an altitude of 1,250 mts above sea level and an average temperature of 24 to 26 degrees Celsius. Caldas is in the center of the country, in the heart of Colombia´s coffee growing region. It is in between Manizales and Pereira international aiport. The region is one of the richest in terms of species of birds in the world. We are also 1.5 hours from the Nevado del Ruiz, one of Colombia's highest mountains with it's permanent snow peak and thermal springs. Although the farm is located in the Andes range of mountains, walking and horse riding is a must for those who wish to enjoy nature and Colombia's biodiversity. Golf fanatics will be spoiled for choice as we are only 30 minutes away from the Club Campestre Manizales, and 1 hour from the Club Campestre in Pereira which are two wonderful and incredibly beautiful golf courses. We are also very close to El Recinto del Pensamiento in Manizales, its amazing architecture, the butterfly garden. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A hidden jewel
A hidden jewel
Rare are properties as well designed and built in the middle of absolutely gorgeous land! The people are warm and very helpful and the cook is fabulous. We had a great family vacation full of fun, rest and great short trips around the region. This location is safe and tranquil. I give it the greatest of recommendations
- Guest DocDucati (California,USA )
- Date of stay 12/26/12
- Review Submitted 05/31/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $421 Nightly
Dec 15 - Jan 15
3 night min stay
Discounts: 4 nights or more: $500 Nightly
|Easter Week/Semana Santa
Apr 12 - Apr 21
2 night min stay
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $475 Nightly
Jul 1 - Aug 31
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
As the house is split into two separate and independent wings, it is possible to consider smaller groups at a discounted rates depending on the number or people and duration of stay. Each wing of the house has 3 bedrooms ( 1 en-suite) + 1 share bathroom.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Manizales , La Nubia Airport and Pereira Airport at 25 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Panamericana at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Club Manizales Sede Campestre at 9 Miles
Year Purchased: 1894
About the owner: Luis Guillermo, the farm manager and co-owner belongs to the fourth generation of people who have been growing coffee on the estate. He is a proud supporter of Caldas football club and keen golfer. He was born in Manizales but went to school in England where he learnt to speak fluent English and supports Liverpool FC (apologies for this if you are an Everton fan).
Why the Owner Chose Manizales:
The land has passed on through several generations. all neighboring farms belong to cousins or relatives. It is difficult not to fall in love with the area, the views and the people; little wonder our family has lived there for so many years and generations. It has simply been a long standing love affair.
The Unique Benefits at this Estate:
Few houses, bedrooms, porches would be able to boast of the view you can enjoy from Hacienda El Sedan. Humming birds are regular visitors in the garden and even inside the house. We have very friendly horses that can be made available to visitors so they can go riding though the farm, neighboring areas and villages. Every morning you can enjoy fresh orange or lemon juice from our orange trees or go fishing in our pond at the bottom of the grove.
- Primary: +57 311 367 9822 8 am to 10 pm Colombian time
- Secondary: +44 7585 77 08 33 8 am to 10 pm UK time
- Tertiary: +1 562 945 71 20 9 am to 9 pm Pacific Central time ( California)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Hammocks where you can have your siesta or drinks?
Close up view of Nevado el Ruiz and it's snow peack
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, September 28, 2013