Explore Prince Edward County, Picton as Your Home Base
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Picton bungalow description
3 Bedrooms sleep 6. One Queen Bed, One Double and Two Twins. Pull Out Sofa Bed in Family Room.
Well Equipped, Eat In Kitchen. Separate Dining Area seats 8. Bright Living Room with Large Bay Window Overlooking Quiet Neighbourhood Street. Large Screened In Porch Overlooks the Backyard, as well as the Winding Pathways and Well-Treed Historic Glenwood Cemetery.
Ample Driveway Parking.
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 4 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Roller Blading
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Prince Edward County offers a variety of year-round events and things to do and see in and around the towns of Picton, Bloomfield and Wellington. Lots of shops, fine dining and casual restaurants, art galleries and artists' studios, The Regent Theatre, Slickers Ice Cream and Books and Company. Take a scenic tour of close to 40 wineries. Or a tasting at the local brewery, Barley Days. Waupoos area offers cider and you can even visit the Gilead Distillery and sample locally produced gin and vodka. On summer days, the best place to be, is at Sandbanks Provincial Park. Swim, sun bathe and sit back or explore the sand dunes. Get a kayak and familiarize yourself with the small bays of Lake Ontario. Prince Edward County offers wonderful cycling for novice or expert. Bring your bike or rent at the Bloomfield Bicycle Co., and explore urban and rural sights. The County hosts such events as 'TasteTrail'--celebrating local culinary delights, vineyards and cheese producers; Maple in The County--celebrating the Spring rite of maple syrup tapping; the August Jazz Festival--featuring emerging young artists and classic Canadian and International musicians; Festival Players--showcasing professional Summer theatre. And, if you're into hockey, get out and watch the Wellington Dukes or the Picton Pirates, 2013 Schmalz Cup Jr. C Provincial Champions. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
From Email ReviewGuest comment entered by owner
From Email Review
"Thanks for allowing us to stay in such a wonderful place. It was a nice break for my wife and me--no phone calls, no visitors, no cooking. Our son did a good job grilling on the BBQ. My in-laws, visiting from Japan, enjoyed themselves as well. We took advantage of the pass to the Sandbanks Provincial Park, and spent some time at Dunes Beach. We also explored Bloomfield, Wellington and some wineries. Speaking of wineries, thank you for leaving a bottle of Rosehall Run wine."
- Guest Tomoshi
- Date of stay 08/10/13
- Review Submitted 08/22/13
From Guest BookGuest comment entered by owner
From Guest Book
Our families travelled from England and stayed here whilst visiting sister Julie. Lovely town and beautiful house. Warm, comfortable and well presented. We would come here again!
- Guest David
- Date of stay 08/02/13
- Review Submitted 08/22/13
excellent summer vacation in Picton
excellent summer vacation in Picton
we had a great time at this location. As a three generational family the house offered all we could have asked for. The house had great space for grandchildren, parents and grandparents. The screened in porch off of the kitchen was fabulous which allowed grandchildren space to play either in the porch or in the backyard, while supervised and adults a great social place when children went to bed. The use of a park permit for Sandbanks was a bonus which allowed us to visit the beach every day, which at less than a ten minute drive was ideal. Would recommend this home as a great way to visit the park and wineries in a comfortable surrounding.
- Guest family guy (ottawa)
- Date of stay 07/20/13
- Review Submitted 07/31/13
Recommended for: Sightseeing, girls getaway, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Payment can be made via Electronic Bank Transfer, or Money Order or Cash.
Unfortunately no credit card payments accepted at this time.
Any other payment questions please contact owner.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Have had family roots in Prince Edward County for over 30 years.
Why the Owner Chose Picton:
Ideal home base for exploring the blend of rural and urban, plus the unique attractions/events of Prince Edward County. Minutes walk to the town of Picton, so, you can leave the car behind and do a little window shopping, dine at one of several restaurants or attend events hosted there.
The Unique Benefits at this Bungalow:
Snug enough for two, yet plenty of room for a group. Reasonably priced and family-friendly. It offers something for everyone and is available for short or long-term stays. There's so much to do in 'The County', you'll be back before you know it!
- Primary: +1 613-968-2376
- Secondary: +
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Screened in Porch
Things to see and do in Prince Edward County
The Dunes at Sandbanks Provincial Park
Main Bathroom with Shower and Tub
Kayaking in Lake Ontario
Sunset at Sandbanks Provincial Park
Farmhouse poppies in bloom
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 01, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.