Affordable Luxury Apartment, Kayak, Snorkel Gear, Golf Cart
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Kapoho apartment description
Iselle, the Hurricane/Tropical Storm did not touch our home. Additionally, our neighborhood of Kapoho Beach Lots is intact. The water is clear in the bay and in Champagne ponds.
If you have ever been down to Kapoho, you might want to see the differences. If you haven't taken a holiday here, you will be interested in the changes in the area.
Location: Kapoho, Champagne Ponds, Puna District, Big Island, Hawaii, USA (Gated Community With Warm Ocean Water Swimming!) View Map
Accommodations: This is an apartment on the ground floor, 2 Bedrooms, 1 Bath and an extra outdoor shower (Sleeps 4) and is a wonderful location for your vacation in our Kapoho Paradise.
From our well appointed tropical apartment, you can head out for snorkeling, kayaking, surfing and swimming only a block away! This spacious and comfortable apartment has been built with quality materials, and is stocked with just about anything you would want. You'll love it.
*The lanai has a gas grill, comfortable wicker furniture, a Hot Tub and outdoor shower. There are plenty of ‘outdoor’ towels to use after your hot tub or shower, conveniently located next to the shower.
*The yard is HUGE, giving you plenty of room to spread out. Enjoy the beautiful gardens or set up some croquet or bocci. Enjoy the paradise.
*Living Area: The main entrance to the apartment is from the spacious lanai. In this area you can enjoy the television, the office area and plenty of kitchen space. There is a dining room table in the hallway and a beautiful teak sculpture of dolphins. The comfortable tropical furniture makes this a great place to hang out to watch some movies. Did we say movies? We have over 700 movie titles to choose from, all housed in a separate Wi-Fi storage disk. Complete instructions are provided for the TV, movies and sound system.
*The ‘Orchid’ Bedroom: This bedroom boasts a beautiful view of our orchid wall. The Queen sized bed (with new mattresses this spring) is very comfortable and the room has a dresser, nightstands, reading lamps, ceiling fan, a desk and comfortable chairs. Tropical gone comfortable.
*The ‘Honu’ Bedroom: Is comfortably furnished with a queen sized bed (with new mattresses this spring), antique furnishings, ceiling fan and plenty of room for your luggage.
*Bathroom: This bathroom is located directly across the hall from the Orchid Bedroom and has a Travertine surround Jacuzzi tub, shower and Travertine floors. Naturally, there are plenty of fresh fluffy towels, shampoo/conditioner, body soap and a hair dryer.
*The kitchen area has a full sized refrigerator, microwave, 2 burner induction cook surface, toaster oven and other appliances to make your stay comfortable.
* Office: The office is set up, if you really MUST work while you are on holiday, and has free Wi-Fi, and a built in desk. If you have to do work while you are visiting, this is an comfortable place to get the job done. There's also a door leading to the lower lanai, for an extra-spacious feeling.
* Garage: This is where all the toys (electric golf cart, 2 bicycles, 4 boogie boards, 1 two person kayak, and 1 surf board) live. There is plenty of snorkel gear, but we can't guarantee we'll have your size. You are welcome use electric for to drive around the beautiful, peaceful neighborhood.
Other information about what we provide:
* Shampoo, Hair Conditioner, Hand/Body soap, Dish soap, Laundry soap, Toilet Paper (If this seems silly to mention, we agree. We stayed at a distant vacation rental where they gave us 'starter' toilet paper. It was a very short roll of TP. We don't want you to have to experience that.) Plenty of kitchen towels, sharp knives, dishware, glassware and silverware.
* Hair Dryers
* Umbrellas--just in case
More details about our home:
* The apartment was built with top-quality materials and meticulous attention to every detail. The lanai is beautiful slate. On the inside, the floors are tile with knotty pine trim everywhere. There is plenty of room to spread out.
If you are looking for a rental that sleeps more than 4 people, our other listing...
Property 471832 sleeps 8. This property is our entire two story home, which is occasionally available, when we are out traveling.
Hawaii State Tax ID W08920333-01
- 2 story
- On floor 1
- 1000 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Catering Available
- Breakfast - Booking Possible
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- The bathroom comes with plenty of fluffy towels, a Jacuzzi tub/shower, plenty of lighting and all of the items to make you comfortable. We provide shampoo/conditioner/soap, plenty of toilet paper and lots of room to spread out. There is also an outdoor shower, on the lanai, for rinsing off after a swim and before using the hot tub....moreless
Kitchen & Dining
Plenty of room in the dining area. But really...wouldn't you rather take your meals out on the lanai? There is seating for 4 at the table, as well as a bench. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors of Hawaii...moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
The garage is not available for renters use. You will have access to the garage through an interior door from the apartment. The kayak, golf cart, the swimming toys and yard games are in the garage....moreless
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Living Room:
- Don't forget - Hawaii Island has an active volcano. Drive about 20 miles, through the jungle on a coastal highway to view the lava entering the ocean. We're also just over an hour drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the historical Kilauea caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Hot/Warm Ponds, Champagne Pond, and Wai O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps. ...moreless
- DVD Player:
Pool & Spa
- Hot Tub:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Water Sports Gear:
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
Location & View
- Botanical Garden
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Live Theater
- Surf Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Whale Watching
- Eco Tourism
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection $49
- Cleaning Fee $90 + tax
- Tax Rate 13.42%
Minimum stay is 3 nights. Exceptions may be made...contact the owner. Rate is based on 4 people. Extras at $5/night; $40/week. Notify owner if you are interested in more than 4 people and you will be provided with pertinent information.
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Don't forget - Hawaii Island has an active volcano. Drive about 20 miles, through the jungle on a coastal highway to view the lava entering the ocean. We're also just over an hour drive from Hawai`i Volcanoes National Park, the historical Kilauea caldera and home of Pele, the fire goddess. You can check out Hot/Warm Ponds, Champagne Pond, and Wai O Pae Marine Sanctuary all within walking, or short biking distance. Because of all the warm springs in the area the ocean water is a little bit warmer here, around 5 degrees F -- not a lot, but for us every degree helps.
Year Purchased: 2008
About the owner: This is our home and we love it here. We are retired from the corporate world, but not from the love of life and the great adventures of the world.
Why the Owner Chose Kapoho:
We came to Kapoho in 2008 because of the beauty and serenity. After years of working in 'Corporate America', we both decided that this is the best place to retire. We have a huge garden, love snorkeling at the Waiopea Tide Pools, and all of the other beautiful swimming locations in our area. We are both active in the Kapoho and the greater Hilo area and love to participate in the wonderful offerings this side of the island offers.
The Unique Benefits at this Apartment:
Thermally heated tidal ponds are common in this area and some are warmer than others. This is the only area of Hawaii with these, so it is truly unique. The Marine Sanctuary is a 5 minute bike ride (or a 15 minute walk). Incredibly colored/shaped corals and small schools of good-sized fish. Big schools of smaller fish. We have traveled quite a bit, and this is a gem and is easily accessed--what a treat. Or you can bike up and down the coast, with minimal car interference, even though we don't have official bike lanes. Take a walk along the coast, towards Cape Kumukahi, the Eastern most point of the island, and the state.
- Primary: 808-333-2270 Hawaii Time Zone
Links to more information:
Welcome to our home, Kapoho Breeze.
The Honu Bedroom is spacious, comfy and filled with honu.
Just part of the kitchen area.
The hot tub...with wet foot prints right there. And an outdoor shower.
There are amazing things to see on the Kapoho Lava Flow.
The Orchid Bedroom overlooks the orchid wall. A comfy spot to fall asleep.
A small glimpse of the spacious living area.
Only a five minute walk to see some spectacular sunrises.
The dolphins add fun to the living area.
One of our friendly turtles, just hanging out.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, August 23, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.