A Dream Come True on Apalachicola Bay!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:28 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Gulf Beaches house description
Fish Tales, on the Apalachicola Bay, offers magnificent sunsets, fishing from the extended dock, and is located in a tropical paradise (also known as St. George Island).
The one story home on pilings was built in 2002 and features 3 bedrooms; one king and 2 queen beds, 2 upstairs bathrooms. The master bedroom / bathroom includes a walk-in closet.
The spacious living area offers comfortable seating for six plus individuals. Although the home features centralized heating and air conditioning, an electric fireplace for ambiance completes the cozy picture during the cool of winter.
The dining area seats 6 with additional seating for 3 more at the breakfast bar.
Covered decks, north and south, add an additional 700 square feet to the 1500 square foot house. The bay view porch extends the entire length of the house and includes modern outdoor wicker furniture.
The lower level of the home houses a fully furnished screened Florida room. Parking accommodates 3 bays. The circular driveway through the beautifully landscaped oleanders, palms, hibiscus, lantana and other tropical plants, allows you to easily park and move your cars and/or boats.
The fully furnished kitchen includes all utensils, a microwave, an oven, and a new refrigerator and dishwasher. The home is complete with a washer and dryer, an entry hall closet, and a utility room.
- 1500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 6-7
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Pantry Items
- Coffee Maker
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- There is a fish cleaning table at the end of the dock.
- Deck / Patio:
Location & View
Located on beautiful Apalachicola Bay, with an extended fishing dock. You can drop a crab trap, collect oysters from the waters, or fish for flounder, redfish, rock bass and other bay delicacies. ...moreless
- Not Necessary
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Roller Blading
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Surf Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Wildlife Viewing
- Miniature Golf
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Though the house is located on the bay, the beach is only a 3 block walk or drive. The white beach sand is perfect for building sandcastles or taking a long stroll, and the gentle waves are ideal for beach boarding, crabbing, fishing, and swimming. Our 28 mile island also offers a bike path which runs the length of the island. Bicycles & kayaks are available from multiple vendors. From a kayak, you can get up close with dolphins, bald eagles and ospreys, or view a stunning sunset from the water. The center of the island hosts Lighthouse Park with a children's playground, pavillions, basketball court, a lighthouse museum & gift shop, and of course the lighthouse with a stunning view from the top. The State Park occupies the eastern end of the island and offers camping, kayaking, hiking, bird watching, and a gorgeous stretch of white sand beach. Another new museum is located just across the bridge to the mainland. The Apalachicola National Estuary Research Reserve visitor center is a fascinating facility for the entire family. With multiple aquariums of local fish, theatre, and exhibits, it's well worth the trip. The island is an uncrowded, quiet, get-away and has become a second home to an ever growing population of snowbirds. Winter visitors will find that they are enthusiastically welcomed into the St. George community. The churches, businesses, and community organizations are always glad to make your acquaintance and welcome your support. Fresh seafood is always available on the island (or catch your own!), and there's always a bait and tackle store open. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
28 night min stay
Discounts: 90 nights or more: $90 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
$200 non-returnable deposit upon booking. Half of the total payment due 2 months in advance. Full payment due before the stay.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
7 % Florida Sales Tax, 2 % County Bed Tax
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Panama City and Tallahassee are within 75 miles at 75 Miles
- Nearest Beach: St. George Island at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: 3 beach bars are located close by at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: 2 beautiful courses at 20 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: several island restaurants serving fresh seafood at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2002
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Situated on the Apalachicola Bay, and only a 3 block walk to the beach. This home is ideal for the snowbird seeking a long term rental from October through March. Special rates are available for the long-term renter.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Fish Tales on the Bay on beautiful St. George Island!
Bay side view of the house.
Screened Florida room with an exquisite view of the bay.
Fully equipped kitchen with new dishwasher and refrigerator (not shown).
The living room opens out to the bayside porch.
Master b'room w/bathroom, walk-in closet & stunning view of the bay. Afternoon.
north guest room
Street view of the circular driveway and multiple bay parking.
Screened Florida room amidst the tropical landscape.
The bay side porch extends across the entire length of the house.
Dining area/kitchen. Seats 6 at the table and 3 more at the breakfast bar.
Master bedroom in the morning.
south guest room
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, June 10, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.