Luxury Ocean View Condo Steps from the Beach
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Makaha condo description
Stunning and totally updated and modern one bedroom, one bathroom condo in West Oahu's Makaha Valley Towers. Nestled among the breath-taking landscape of the majestic Makaha Valley, the Makaha Towers are both secluded for privacy, yet close enough for travel to all the popular sights on the island.
This unit faces the ocean and mountains with gorgeous views from wall to wall glass windows and open lanai that let trade winds blow freely through your private unit. The unit was recently renovated in a modern yet traditional Hawaiian style and was completely refurnished by Brook Watson well know in house designer and owner of SoHa Living who has built a reputation in the Hawaii home décor market over the last decade. It is tastefully furnished with Koa wood floor throughout, a queen-size bed in the bedroom with an iPod dock and a sliding shoji screen that closes off the bedroom for privacy. A full size couch in the living room that can open to sleep two in comfort .
There is a full dining area, recliner. A full stainless kitchen with granite counter tops includes all utensils and cooking supplies. The kitchen includes a dishwasher, fridge, built-in microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The living room also has an LCD HD TV with cable and a DVD player. The bathroom has a tiled open walk in shower. There is also Wi-Fi available throughout the condo.
- 800 sq. ft.
- On floor 3
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Climbing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Water Parks
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Sight Seeing
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Stunning and totally updated and modern one bedroom, one bathroom condo in West Oahu's Makaha Valley Towers. Nestled among the breath-taking landscape of the majestic Makaha Valley, the Makaha Towers are both secluded for privacy, yet close enough for travel to all the popular sights on the island. This unit faces the ocean and mountains with gorgeous views from wall to wall glass windows and open lanai that let trade winds blow freely through your private unit. The unit was recently renovated in a modern yet traditional Hawaiian style and was completely refurnished by Brook Watson well know in house designer and owner of SoHa Living who has built a reputation in the Hawaii home décor market over the last decade. It is tastefully furnished with Koa wood floor throughout, a queen-size bed in the bedroom and a full size couch in the living room that can open to sleep two in comfort . There is a full dining area, recliner and a sliding shoji screen that closes off the bedroom for privacy. A full stainless kitchen with granite counter tops includes all utensils and cooking supplies. The kitchen includes a dishwasher, fridge, built-in microwave, toaster and coffee maker. The living room also has an HD TV with cable and a DVD player. The bathroom has a tiled open walk in shower. There is also Wi-Fi available throughout the condo. There are many attractions located within 35 miles of this condo. The closet attraction to the condo is Aulani this is the Disney resort and right next door is a wonderful spa at the Marriott. Down the road a little further you will find Honolulu. This is the capital of Hawaii. This town is full of activity including shops, restaurants, beautiful beaches, water sports and much more....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Favorite stay in Hawaii...ever!
Favorite stay in Hawaii...ever!
We love coming to Hawaii for vacation to escape the snow for a week and enjoy the relaxed pace of island life. So we've stayed at a lot of different hotels and condos on Oahu, Hawaii, Kauai, and Maui. Our stay was at MakahaEscape was our best ever. Pro's included: - condition of the condo (yes it really is as nice and clean as the photos show) - the prompt, courteous, and helpful email communication during reservation, stay, and upon leaving - the friendliness and helpfulness of Makaha Valley Towers employees on site - the size and condition of the pool (and rules that keep it enjoyable for everyone) - the view from the condo of the mountains, the pool, and the ocean - great way to start the day - quiet, relaxing place to stay on an otherwise busy and crowded island - great places to run and hike - right from the condo! - beautiful sandy beach is only 1.3 miles away and was never crowded for swimming We only ate out once during our stay, the rest of the time we used the BBQ's down by the pool or cooked in the condo. We would recommend the Spicy House if your like Thai. Great food in a low key, local restaurant. Hopefully not too many people discover this wonderful "secret" or it will be hard to get reservations for future stays! We loved the condo and the area and hope to return again for future trips. Thank you so much! Mahalo.
- Guest Akcoldrunner (Anchorage, Alaska)
- Date of stay 12/22/13
- Review Submitted 01/10/14
Recommended for: Families with young children, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing.
Great Home Base
Great Home Base
My wife and I stayed here for a month. The suite is very nice and well equipped, and the whole development is well manicured and clean and secure. The building is concrete and solid, and the views are great. Makaha beach is a mile away (quite a few "steps" ), and had fairly big waves so good for surfers, but not for non-swimmers. Makaha Valley Towers is built on a slope at the foot of a big mountain, so there are a lot of stairs. You can park on the uphill side and access the elevators to the suite without using stairs, but to get to the BBQ or pool, on the downhill side, you face a lot of stairs or you can drive around and park next to the BBQ/pool. Laundry was annoying-most floors have a laundry area, but not ours. The machines don't take cash-you have to buy a card for $5, then load cash onto it in $5 increments. I left the card in the suite since it is of no use to me anywhere else! Makaha is near the end of the Farrington Highway, which is the only access route from Honolulu and the rest of the island, and the road is often congested, as were most of the roads on Oahu. If traffic jams are not your thing, pick another island! We found that since we were in no particular rush, it was OK to roll down the car window and enjoy the warm air and slowly passing scenery. The city bus service runs right to the gate of MVT, but I would not consider staying here without a car. We put 2000 miles on our rental car(Thrifty hot deal, unlimited mileage) and visited almost every beach on the island. Close to the condo was one of our favourites-Pokai Bay beach(turn off Farrington at Waianae Valley Road. This beach is sheltered and calm and every time we were there we saw turtles feeding close to shore and swam with them several times. The nicest sand was at Kailua and Lanikai beaches-soft, white powder, but a long drive to the east side of the island. Also on the east side is Waimanalo beach which was great for body-boarding, but beware of jellyfish- I got a little sting which went away after about an hour. We shopped a lot at Costco in Kapolei (1 block off H1 highway at exit 1), best prices on groceries and gas, and Tamura in Waianae had some specials, especially ripe papayas. We ate most meals in the condo. We packed lunches into the provided cooler, used the provided beach chairs and towels, and enjoyed our stay thoroughly!
- Guest Don and Iris S. (Abbotsford BC, canada)
- Date of stay 11/19/13
- Review Submitted 12/25/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing.
Very Nice Condo
Very Nice Condo
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this condo. The unit was tastefully decorated with high end finishes and furniture. It has stunning ocean and mountain views from all the rooms. The unit is positioned close to the pool which was convenient during the day. At night they lite Tiki torches around the pool - giving this condo a wonderful night view. The beaches on this end of the island are beautiful and less crowded then anywhere else on the island. The staff at MVT are very efficient - which made us feel safe and secure. I would recommend staying here.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 10/25/13
- Review Submitted 11/08/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+.
The owner is excellent with communications. The apartment is beautiful and just as the other reviewers have stated. We covered the furniture with the extra sheets to protect the luxury fabrics. Extra cleaning supplies keep things fresh. The property has a lot of steps to the pool, but one could navigate from the car to apartment if you had problems with stairs. We walked to the beach a little over a mile a way several times. Never ate out except for bubble tea near Long's drug. A great relax! Thanks Bryan.
- Guest KariandWade S.
- Date of stay 10/07/13
- Review Submitted 10/14/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, tourists without a car, romantic getaway, age 55+, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
4 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $90 Nightly
Additional Fees and Taxes:
All fees, taxes and parking is included in the price. There are no additional costs.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Honolulu International Airport (HNL) at 32 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: H1 and Farrington Highway at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Makaha Beach Park at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Longboards Bar & Grill and The ‘?lelo Room at 26 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Makaha Golf Course at 1 Miles
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, October 30, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.