Historic Gunn House with Gardens Right in the Middle of Friendly Country Town
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Kelseyville house description
The Gunn House was built for Dr. Frank G. Gunn in 1925. This groundbreaking all electric home was ahead of its time. The walls, inside and out, are 8' thick poured concrete. It is believed that Thomas Edison conferred with Dr. Gunn on the construction, as Edison had been experimenting with the process in the early 1920s.
The home has been wonderfully renovated to it original glory,with lovely patio's and gardens to relax in.
Just a short stroll down Main street will delight you with a Bakery,a great micro brewery,wine tasting,
Really good barbeque restaurant.
Her Purdy,where you can get personalized cosmetics
custom made for you.
There is a great sports bar,filled with local history.
Just across the street is the Saw Shop bistro,A great place to mingle with the locals and enjoy some of the best food in the county (reservations recommended for dinner)
You can relax and take art classes at the local studio,
You can enjoy a massage or facial and a glass of local wine to finish out your afternoon.
We are sure you will enjoy our friendly country town
as much as we do.
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Both bedrooms feature period bedroom sets and accessories.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Mountain Climbing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Equestrian Events
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Watersports - Clear Lake is California's largest natural freshwater lake, with over 100 miles of beautiful shoreline to explore. Enjoy boating, skiing, sailing, swimming and fishing. Bass Pro tournaments occur is Lake County frequently. Wine Country - This is it! Explore and imbibe.You will find a Micro brewery a short block away. Golfing - There are 5 scenic courses in the area. Biking/Hiking - Enjoy country roads and mountain trails. Wildlife - Partake in bird watching and be on the lookout for native deer and flocks of wild turkeys. The wild pigs are there but very adept at hiding. Entertainment - Try your luck at local casinos. Take in a concert or put on your dancing shoes. Many well known musicians appear in Lake County casinos. Don't forget the restaurants and their special seafood buffets. Or, just across the street from the house is an amazing bistro, The Saw Shop. There is absolutely nothing on the menu you won't enjoy. Or, just stop by and have a glass of wine with the locals. This country town is known for its warm, friendly residents. Enjoy 'Dancing in the Country' street dances just down the block on Main Street. Blues, Country, Rock - Lake County is home to many great musicians. Local festivities such as the Pear Festival and Christmas in the Country bring thousands of people to Lake County. You would have a bird's eye view of it if you book during local festivities. Farm fresh produce - Discover the Farmers' Market and roadside fruit stands. Lake County Bartlett pears are the best. Walk to the local bakery and sample the delicious cheese bread. Antiques - There are many shops throughout the county. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- cleaning: $100
- Pet Fee: $0
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $400
- Tax Rate 9%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Sacramento at 110 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 29 at 0.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Fort Bragg at 100 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Sawshop / Kelseyville brewing / Brick tavern at 0.25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Buckingham country club at 7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Sawshop Biestro at Kelseyville
Year Purchased: 1997
About the owner: Rob and Norma Hodges, Owners of The Gunn House, have lived in Kelseyville for over 30 years. They are both interested in Antiques and operated a store (One Man's Junk) in the same location for many years.
Why the Owner Chose Kelseyville:
Both Rob and Norma took vacations to Lake County frequently; Norma to Clearlake - Rob to the Oaks. Both fell in love with the diversity of the county; especially the rural atmosphere and warm, friendly people. They met in 1990; 7 years before purchasing The Gunn House. They know if you come to Lake County once; you will return for another adventure.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
People tell Rob and Norma how they feel a 'warm energy throughout the house'. This is true. Norma feels as if she knows the Dr. who had this house built in 1925. He saw his patients there and many elderly locals were born in Dr. Gunn's office; which is now a Media Room. At one time the house was used as an excellent school for local children - Hodge Podge Lodge. From it; many local young adults have learned about the arts. This house emulates good energy.
- Primary: 7072455788
Links to more information:
- CLICK HERE - http://www.thegunnhouse.com/home.html
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, July 06, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!