A Dream View! - Mlk Weekend Available
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Jefferson cabin description
The name says it all here! If you want to be high up and able to see for what seems like forever this is the place for you! The home is very inviting with wood floors and lots of wood on the walls and ceilings. The cabin has 3 stories with an open kitchen/dining/living area with a gas fireplace and cathedral ceiling on the main floor. There are 2 bedrooms on this floor, one with a queen size bed and the other with bunk beds and a full size bed. The master suite is on the 3rd floor and features a king size bed and twin daybed. There is also a loft area with a full size futon. The rec room is on the lower level with pool and foosball table and full size sleeper sofa. Each level has a full bath. Other amenities include air conditioning, washer/dryer, towels and linens, satellite HDTV on the lower and main levels, DVD player, high speed fiber optic wireless internet access. The wraparound deck is great for enjoying the views and has a picnic table and charcoal grill. You will also find culinary herbs growing in whiskey barrels and if the season is right wild blackberries. Unsure of what to do: there is a notebook chock full of information on local activities!
- 2588 sq. ft.
- 3 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 8-12
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Fly Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Live Theater
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Theme Parks
- Winery Tours
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Can't say enough about Grayson Highlands: at roughly a mile high (you're at 3200 ft at the cabin) the weather is beautiful even on the hottest days of summer and the trails range from rocky and grassy to rhododendron forest to woods with waterfalls and pools. You'll never see more beautiful views and you're likely to encounter wild ponies, which are actually quite friendly. We are very convenient (15 min drive) to kayak/canoe/tube outfitters on the New River. There are 2 and 4 hour paddles available as well as longer excursions. It's a nice gentle paddle with the flow of the river with just a few very mild whitewater spots and plenty of places to pull off and swim. We are very near (about 2 miles) to the confluence of Helton Creek and the New River, a popular fishing spot for trout and bass. Walking West Jefferson's quaint Main Street with its craft shops, restaurants and art galleries is great fun too. Some other good hiking spots are New River State Park and Mount Jefferson. Doughton Park and Stone Mountain, a bit farther away, are also within reach for a day trip. Some other activities available nearby are golf, horseback riding, blueberry picking and winery tours....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
06-14-13: $185.00/nt $185.00/wkend nt $1080.00/wk $180.00/extra day Rental rates subject to change without notice. Rental rates are subject to state & local taxes, pet fees, Security Deposit Waiver
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This manager accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Charlotte Douglas International Airport at 127 Miles
- Nearest Train: Tweetsie Railroad at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 421 at 13 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Appalachian Ski Mountain at 32 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mountain Aire at 15 Miles
About: We are avid hikers and love the outdoors and the mountains. Our first introduction to the area was hiking in Grayson Highlands Park and we fell in love with it! We live in Raleigh so it is just over a 3-hour drive to the cabin. As we leave the hustle and bustle of the Research Triangle behind (and the heat, humidity and mosquitoes!) our cares melt away. There's nothing more relaxing than sitting in a rocking chair on the deck gazing at the view. We hope to give our guests the same experience!
Ashe County offers great weather, beautiful mountain views, downtown amenities in West Jefferson without the crowds of some of the more touristy mountain locations. We chose our home for its location central to Grayson Highlands and West Jefferson, its beautiful views, its warm and inviting ambiance and its spaciousness for entertaining friends.
- Primary: 1-800-628-2663
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, January 08, 2014
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.