Beautiful Waterfront Adirondack Mountain Home
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Old Forge cottage description
Modern waterfront home located on Fourth Lake, South Shore Road, in the heart of the Central Adirondacks. Situated on a private cove, 1000 feet from the nearest road. Nearest neighbor is 200' adjacent to the west seen only through the trees.
Wildlife abounds. Deer, eagles, osprey, loons, ducks, turkey, heron and other animals are seen daily.
Great location for boating/pontoon enthusiasts. Centrally located on the Fulton Chain Lakes 1st thru 4th.
Keywords: Vacation Home
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Cooking Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer:
- Gas Fireplace:
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Wireless Internet
Location & View
- Rock Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Theme Parks
- Medical Services
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Other attractions in and near Old Forge include Water Safari, a theme park with water slides and other thrill rides for kids and adults alike. Nearby you can visit the Blue Mountan Museum (30 min. away); a truly remarkable display of the history of the Adirondacks, the Wild Center in Tupper Lake (1 hr, 15 min away): an outdoor museum of Adirondack wildlife. For a leisurely summer rafting trip there are several rafting companies that offer trips down the Hudson River gorge. They companies are based out of Indian Lake, North River, and Weavertown (1 hr away). Some of these companies offer aerial zip line adventures. For the more adventuresome vacationer the Black River near Watertown offers a more challenging river ride; class 3-4 rapids. For the winter enthusiast Old Forge boasts McCauley Mountain home of the champion boys and girls slalom teams from our local high school. Gore Mountain is an hour away for those who prefer longer runs and a wider variety of trails. Lake Placid is only 1 1/2 hours away. The town maintains an outdoor skating rink for all to enjoy. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Relax and Enjoy
Relax and Enjoy
This home offers beauty, comfort, quiet and is a wonderful get away. It is spacious and clean with all the conveniences of home. The magnificent solitude and sunsets cannot be over exaggerated. Nature surrounds and a warm campfire overlooking the cove in the evening is the perfect end to any day spent here. The owners are teriffic hosts and most accomodating.
- Guest B & C (Lilburn, GA)
- Date of stay 09/06/10
- Review Submitted 09/17/10
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, adventure seekers.
Jun 15 - Oct. 15 2600/week Apr 01-Jun 15 .. $ 2250/week Winter Season: 4 Night Minimum: $1600 utilities included, 5-6 nights $400/night Winter Season Weekly: Dec. 7 - Mar. 31...$2800 utilities included Winter Season 2 weeks: $5000 Winter Season Month: $8000
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Syracuse at 90 Miles
Year Purchased: 2007
Why the Owner Chose Old Forge:
The Beauty of the Adirondack Mountains and all the recreation it affords.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Peace & Serenity. Fresh Mountain Air. Outdoor Activities.
- Primary: (518) 852-0222
- Secondary: +1 (518) 852-0222 (New York, USA)
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View from Deck
Dining Room & Kitchen
Partial Rec Room (Sitting Area & 2nd TV Cabinet)
Back Entrance to Cottage
View from Dock
2nd Floor Bedroom
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 30, 2013