Overlooking Prospect Harbor, Maine
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Prospect Harbor cottage description
Enjoy the beauty of Downeast Maine in this charming home overlooking prospect harbor. Built in the 1800's this home has all the feel of 'yesterday' yet has been completely renovated. Just steps from the village of prospect harbor and minutes from the spectacular schoodic peninsula. Within the boundaries of Acadia national park, this beautiful three bedroom cottage has all the comforts of home.
Spend long leisurely days enjoying views of the harbor and listen to the sound of the running brook across the road. Watch eagles fly above along with other wildlife that call this area home. Take a bike ride or a walk, or drop your kayak in the water.
The home is in pristine condition with all top of the line furnishings, artwork, antiques, handmade quilts and luxury bedding. Cable TV, phone and internet are available. All the amenities of home.
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Children Welcome
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Clothes Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Video Library
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Ocean View:
- Water View
- Deepsea Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Hunting Small Game
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- In the heart of the quaint village of Prospect Harbor, where you will find a diner, lobster/fish market and library, surrounding this working lobster harbor town. The charming town of Corea is a bike ride away. The Acadia/Schoodic region is central to many activities. Enjoy hiking and biking trails, kayaking, and magnificent scenery; quaint villages, shops, studio galleries, restaurants, yacht club and ocean front golf course. Schoodic is a destination for artists around the world , hosting the world-reknowned Schoodic Arts Festival, International Sculpture Symposium, and Hammond Hall performing arts center. Catch a scenic ferry ride to Bar Harbor, Southwest Harbor, Northwest Harbor or the Cranberry Isles to enjoy shopping and dining. Nearby Jones Pond is the perfect spot for swimming on a warm summer day. During the summer months, nearby towns host fairs and festivals, including the Machias Wild Blueberry Festival, Milbridge Days and Winter Harbor's Lobster Festival. Easily a day trip, you can drive north about an hour and cross the Canadian Border, visiting the historic Campobello. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Jun 26, 2014
2 night min stay
Jun 27 - Sep 3, 2014
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Cleaning: $175
- Tax Rate 8%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Bar Harbor Airport at 30 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Winter Harbor Ferry to Bar Harbor at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US1 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Sand Cove Rock Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Nautica Pub at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Grindstone Neck at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Fisherman's Inn at 5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: As long time visitors to this area, we appreciate the charm and beauty of DownEast Maine. When we found this cottage, we just couldn't resist the challenge of renovating it, maintaining the charm of it's 1800's architecture, but updating the house to today's standards.
Why the Owner Chose Prospect Harbor:
The cottage overlooks Prospect Harbor and is a short walk to the Prospect Harbor Lighthouse. Situated in the tiny village of Prospect Harbor, you will enjoy Maine the way locals do.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Completely renovated, handmade quilts, antiques, upscale linens. Overlooks a rushing brook. Lots of wildlife in the area that will pass by as you relax on the deck.
- Primary: 3056106000
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
View of harbor and brook from cottage
One of two bathrooms
A morning visitor in the backyard
Living room, entrance to kitchen, stairs to bedrooms
Twin Bedroom with trundle
Nearby Prospect Harbor Lighthouse, a three minute walk!
Eagle perched on lobster trap behind the Post Office
Summer gardens in Maine
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, June 09, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.