Completely Restored 1880's Log Cabin in the Country
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lobelville cabin description
Located in the middle of a 65 acre farm with orchards, vineyard, organic garden, chickens. Surrounded by forest. Very private. No sounds but the birds. Miles of hiking trails through the surrounding forest. Bring your horses. Lots of water sports nearby. Fishing, canoeing, pontoon boats to rent on the tn river.
Cabin sleeps 5 comfortably. Lots of charm. Modern, but decorated in rural, country style.
- 800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Events Allowed
- Pets Considered
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5, Beds for 5
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Satellite / Cable
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
- Water Tubing
- Pier Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Hunting Big Game
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Cabin is located in the middle of a 65 acre farm. Very secluded, surrounded by forest. Lots of old logging trails thru the forest for hiking and horseback riding. We have a large barn and you are welcome to bring your horses. The Buffalo river is just two miles away. It is a designated pristine river in Tn. It's never had any poluted materials dumped in the river. canoes and other floating devices are available at the campground just two miles away or bring your own intertube. Great lazy day floating down the river. The TN River is just 10 miles away and there is a marina where you can rent pontoon boats, buy fishing gear and bait. The Loretta Lynn ranch is just 12 miles away. Cabins, RV, golf, gift stores, fishing and special events center. National motorcross racing every fall and country western concerts throughout the year. If you want big city attractions, Nashville is just a little over an hour east with lots of musical and sporting events year round. Memphis is a little over an hour west. Lots of great BBQ restaurants and of course, Elvis fans can visit Graceland. However, the best feature of our little cabin is just it's beautiful location, peace and quiet. You'll hear nothing but the birds. Just sit on the porch with a glass of wine or a good book and watch the chickens. Guaranteed to lower your blood pressure!...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
A Hidden Gem!
A Hidden Gem!
Last minute, I decided I wanted a quick get-a-way to the country for the weekend and found Sherrill's cabin -- she worked with me to get my stay set up in just 1 day! The cabin and the farm were absolutely perfect. They offered the seclusion that I needed with all of the luxuries of home -- the cabin has been renovated beautifully -- in addition to fresh vegetables from the garden and eggs from the chickens (which were so cute and fun to watch). I doubt there are many other properties like this one! All in all, this property is a hidden gem. I can't wait to go back!
- Guest allete
- Date of stay 10/04/13
- Review Submitted 10/11/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, families with young children, pet owners.
We were greeted by the owner with a dozen fresh eggs and a tour of the garden. This little cabin is so quaint and secluded. Each morning we cooked fresh eggs and each night we had fresh picked tomatoes. It was absolutely wonderful. Highly recommend for a getaway. We accidentally left a few items behind and she reached out to ensure we got them back. And a huge plus was the pet friendliness too. Thank you for a wonderful weekend.
- Guest Elisa P.
- Date of stay 08/01/13
- Review Submitted 09/25/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, romantic getaway, pet owners.
I was here for some of the Labor Day weekend. Charming cabin, clean and super quiet. The owner has chickens and a garden and when I checked in I found 6 fresh eggs and a bag of fresh produce ( awesome tomatoes) which was some good eats in the morning. Its nice just to sit outside at night and hear the outdoors.....no traffic sounds at all. The farmhouse that the owner lives in is just a few hundred feet from the cabin but I did not see her except checking in and checking out. She is respectful of privacy. In case the weather has you stuck indoors, she has a small tv with some movie channels, just in case. Beds were comfy and the bed linens were nice. It is also about a half a mile form the Buffalo River. I will definitely stay here again.
- Guest Howard (Hermitage, Tn)
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/02/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with teenagers.
Charming, quiet, and very nice people
Charming, quiet, and very nice people
We were in the Lobelville area for a family gathering from a Friday-Sunday, and wanted to stay in something different than the Inns at the highway, so we sought out rentals at VRBO. This place was exactly what we were looking for. Living in a big city it provided us with peace and quiet. We wish we had more time to spend in the cabin and hike the trails around the property with our two dogs, but unfortunately time was limited. Was it not because we had to go back to work, we would have stayed another day just to enjoy the area. This is a relatively new listing, so the only downside to our stay was that the owners did not get our inquiry until Saturday, so we only stayed one night, but will definitely come back and stay here again if we need to be in the area. We did get to enjoy some time on the small porch, our dogs experienced chickens for the first time, and I personally admired the very nice vegetable garden. The owner was very nice, and when she found out we still wanted the cabin even though we were already in the area, she went out of her way to get it ready for us. We were more than grateful for that. There are a few things that still needs to be fixed in the kitchen area, but it's nothing major, and after all, it is a rustic cabin, so it can be expected.
- Guest Sara N.
- Date of stay 07/13/13
- Review Submitted 07/15/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are for two persons. An additional $25 charge each will be made for additional persons or pets. Call for special pricing for holidays; Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Nashville tn at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 2 miles from Hwy 13, 7 miles from I-40 at 2 Miles
- Nearest Beach: On Buffalo River at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Perry County Country Club at 10 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
About the owner: I'm a retired federal gov't executive. This little farm is one of my retirement projects
Why the Owner Chose Lobelville:
I fell in love the moment I saw this place at the end of a country lane. I've traveled a lot, but this is the most peaceful place I've ever been.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Peace and quiet.
- Primary: 9315933433
- Secondary: 6153353250
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
charming log cabin dating from late 1800's completely restored
Main floor has a day bed with trundle
living room is cozy with lots of antiques
Upstairs loft bedroom has double bed with single trundle underneath
chicken houses and barn. You can collect fresh eggs for your breakfast.
real wood burning fireplace on main floor
real country kitchen with views of the farm out every window
updated bath with new fixtures and large tile shower
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, February 13, 2014
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.