Island Beach Cottage
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Vesuvius cottage description
Beautiful cozy yet spacious 3 bedroom house on low-bank waterfront, quiet neighborhood yet close to nearby community and services. Breath-taking views of the ocean and sunsets, warm Summer swimming, beach walks. Curl up with a book on the large multi-level deck, watch the eagles, humming birds seals, otters and the occasional whale at your doorstep. Fireplace (cold months only), Barbeque and fully equipped kitchen, beautifully appointed living and dining rooms, TV, DVD player, piano and den-study.
Close to village and town for shopping and visiting the many attractions of Salt Spring Island.
- 2500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Wood Stove:
- A wonderful place to get away from it all.....
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player:
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Fitness Center
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Horseback Riding
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Salt Spring Island is the jewel of the BC Gulf Islands easily accessible from Vancouver or Victoria. It is a vibrant community of artists, artisans, musicians and people who appreciate living in harmony with nature. Preservation of the beauty and tranquility of the Island is a passion of its residents. Visit the Saturday Market in Ganges, the several wineries, cheese makers and studio artists. Hike in the valleys, explore Ruckle Park (originally the Ruckle homestead farm) and check out the breath-taking views from the top of Mount Maxwell. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
7 night min stay
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$500
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Vancouver International YVR (after ferry) at 30 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Long Harbour Ferry at 10 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: In front of the property at 10 Metres
- Nearest Barpub: Seaside Kitchen in Vesuvius at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Salt Spring Island Golf and Country Club at 6 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Seaside Kitchen in Vesuvius at 2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 1991
Why the Owner Chose Vesuvius:
Very few places in the Gulf Islands combine a Southwest exposure, low-bank waterfront, warm swimming, beach walks and gorgeous sunsets. This has been a wonderful place to enjoy a quiet retreat with family, to enjoy the sea, catch up with a few good books, barbeque the famous Salt Spring Island lamb and watch movies. It is close enough to major centres to be easily accessible, yet removed so that there is no hustle and bustle.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Vibeke and David recently completely renovated and redesigned the cottage. They have created a comfortable sea-side cottage that could be in Scandinavia. Each day is a new adventure: off for a hike in the hills, a beach ramble, swim in the afternoon, (rinse off under the outside shower overlooking the beach), explore the local artists studios, check out the live entertainment and art galleries. Return to the living room and deck, enjoy a glass of wine while the sun sets, and plan your next day.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
From the beach at sunset
Low bank access to beach for canoe or kayak launch
Beach View at Sunset
Bedroom (3 in total)
Cheese at the Market
Wisteria, Seaside Deck
Our Danish Kitchen
Kitchen and Breakfast table
Living Room open to kitchen
Writer's study, with Wireless Internet
Across the Bay
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, December 29, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.