Luxurious Villa, Fabulous Panoramic Views, Spectacular Sunsets, Infinity Pool
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:4-7 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Jolly Harbour villa description
Welcome to Villa Sunset! Enjoy this newly built luxurious Caribbean style villa located on the west coast of Antigua at the prestigious Sugar Ridge. Villa Sunset sits atop a private lush hillside bordered with natural sugar cane overlooking palm lined white sand beaches, turquoise waters of the Caribbean Sea and the headlands to Five Islands Bay. With its elevated location, feel the cool trade winds flow through the Villa as you enjoy the breathtaking panoramic views that stretch across Jolly Harbour and to the islands beyond: Montserrat, Nevis, St. Kitts, and Redonda sit on the horizon like jewels in the glistening sea. To the east lie the unspoiled forested hills and valleys of Antigua’s striking coastal highlands.
Enjoy a cup of coffee by the sparkling infinity pool and take in the glorious views of the island below waking up and coming to life with each bright new day. The stone-finished pool is the centerpiece of Villa Sunset, which is surround by natural tones contrasted with rich dark woods, contemporary styles and Caribbean flair. Attention to detail and the tasteful designs embrace comfort and relaxation to ensure your vacation supersedes your expectations.
The Villa boasts three equally spacious double bedrooms that have been decorated magnificently, each with spectacular views of the ocean. Each bedroom has their very own luxurious limestone en-suite double vanity bathroom with spa-like full body showers.
The gorgeous airy and open living area is equipped with state of the art technology and amenities. The designer kitchen includes stainless steel appliances, granite counter tops, and a breakfast bar. The indoor living area leads out to the veranda, which offers comfortable shaded seating to take in the fabulous views or catch some Caribbean rays in any of the four sun loungers lining the refreshing infinity pool. Either way, you will be in the perfect location to seize the famous Antiguan sunset at dusk!
- 4000 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Fitness Room / Equipment:
- Towels Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- The private hillside is protected with 24-hours security with Villa Sunset having its own-gated property. This fabulous property has been built and finished to an exceedingly high standard with attention to every detail. Open the two glass sliding walls in the living areas to invite the trade winds to flow through the villa creating a beautiful breezy haven. The contemporary kitchen is stocked with high-end modern appliances, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and breakfast bar. Whether you choose to dine inside or outside, Villa Sunset can comfortably seat ten or more. As part of Sugar Ridge homes development, homeowners and guests have full access to all facilities of Sugar Ridge Resort (5 minute walk), including a the restaurant and bar (Carmichael’s), live entertainment, well-equipped air conditioned gym plus group classes, large pool and Aveda Concept Spa....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Tourist Attractions
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View
- Mountain View
- Beach View
- Ocean View
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Fitness Center
- Pier Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Recreation Center
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- You may never want to leave Villa Sunset but perhaps you venture out to explore what the island has to offer, Jolly Harbour is right across the street. The bustling Jolly Harbour Marina can take you on various boating excursions, scuba diving, snorkeling and sport fishing trips. There are beautiful beaches, shops, restaurants, and bars. The Marina complex even offers an 18-hole golf course, tennis and squash courts. In Jolly Harbour is where you will find many fabulous restaurants, grocery shopping, pharmacy, banking, ice cream and coffee shops. Further down the road about 5-8 minutes you will find Darkwood beach, Turners beach, Valley Church beach, and Coco bay. The capital of Antigua, St. John, is only a 10-minute drive away where you will find local markets of delicious food, restaurants and lots of shopping. The airport is approximately a 20-minute drive from the villa. You may want to explore the heritage of Antigua at Nelson Dockyard and stunning views from the local gathering at Shirley Heights on Sundays, furthermore, enjoy the excitement of Carnival, Cricket and Sailing week. We love sailing and scuba diving. Morning walks on the beach searching for beach glass then stopping in some of the charming beach huts for a late lunch or early dinners, like at Jackie O’s. Exploring the island and ending up at Shirley Heights. Buying fresh fish or lobster at the marina 10 minutes down the road. Dark Wood beach, snorkeling the reefs right off the coastline or Turners beach and Jolly beach only minutes away. A special dinner at Sheer Rock, you’ll never forget. And not to mention cocktails at the local beach bars, all minutes from Sunset. Hang with the locals at weekly fish fries, or head to St. Johns for local markets abundant with fresh fruits and veggies. Feel like exploring, hop in your car and try dining at Blue Water, Le Bistro or Cecelia’s. Be casual at Cloggy’s or the Mad Mongoose after the beach or island trek. Or head back at Villa Sunset with a glass of wine with stunning panoramic views. These are some of our favorites. Enjoy! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
What a fabulous find! Having traveled to many islands and staying in a variety of places, this one took the cake and we can't wait to return next year, seriously!! It superseded all expectations my family and I had in renting a villa and trust me when I say we've traveled all around the caribbean and nothing has compared! The location was spot on and near all the great attractions on the island. Gorgeous beaches right down the road, great restaurants, tons of activities and friendly locals made our experience exceptional in Antigua! We were pleasantly surprise with how much time we actually just spent at the villa, you really didn't need to leave as the view had to be the best on the island! We loved waking up in the morning and having all the family gather out by the pool and under the cabana for coffee...and then again at night for the sunset! It has to be the best location on the island for the sunset as the villa faces directly west. The floor plan worked for our family perfectly with bedrooms off to the sides of the villa (giving each of us a sense of privacy) and the living areas front and center. The villa was in impeccable shape, very clean, modern yet cozy, and the housekeepers were fantastic at meeting all our needs. The villa was stocked with everything you could possible need and more. The listing offers great recommendations and ideas for eating and activities which we thought was helpful. We got a great deal which was totally affordable for the luxurious, high-end amenities that are included. We didn't use much of the amenities at Sugar Ridge resort as we had all we needed at Villa Sunset but it's a gorgeous resort and we definitely felt extremely secure in the gated property. I would absolutely recommend Villa Sunset to anyone looking for a one of a kind getaway in a luxurious home in a breathtaking location. Staying at this villa really made our experience of Antigua just simply wonderful! Thank you for sharing your home with us and we can't wait to return!!!! :-)
- Guest Shannon (Rhode Island)
- Date of stay 04/06/13
- Review Submitted 09/09/13
Recommended for: Families with young children, adventure seekers, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you, mission accomplished!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 15 - Jan 10
7 night min stay
Jun 1 - Oct 31
7 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
4 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Additional information about rental rates
1 or 2 bedrooms 7 nights $600 per night
3 bedroom 7 nights $715 per night
Holiday Dec. 15th - Jan 10th $915 per night
10% off June thru October~PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL OWNER FOR MORE INFORMATION~
Please email with questions or call me direct
Credit cards, bank transfers and checks can be used for payment. Questions please email owner.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: VC Bird Airport, St Johns (20 minutes) at 15 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We have been Caribbean lovers since we first took our children there in the early ‘80’s instead of Disneyland. Neither of our children or we have never made it to Disneyland, but we’ve visited just about every island in the beautiful Caribbean. We have been looking the last few years and had narrowed it down to Antigua and one other island. Antigua won hands down! It was the fabulous beaches, the overly friendly Antiguans, the spectacular views, the security of one of the lowest crime rates, the value of the restaurants and handmade purchases, the cleanliness of the island and homely feel of the little towns and villages, the golf courses and the endless activities available…you know where we’re going, we found paradise! A ton of research ensued and endless search for the dream villa ended in Sugar Ridge. Our second trip with in six months we had knew we found home at Villa Sunset and you will too. Certainly the best and most spectacular views of any villa we inspected!
Why the Owner Chose Jolly Harbour:
One of the best points of it all is location, location, and location. Jolly Harbor has it all and it’s at the bottom of the hill. We have stayed in different areas of the island and by far Jolly Harbor takes the cake. Beaches, restaurants, endless water sports, grocery and liquor stores, banks, rental cars, cafes, and nightlife are only a minute away.
The Unique Benefits at this Villa:
Sugar Ridge is a luxury boutique hotel at our beck and call, which was a big selling point for us. You wouldn’t know it’s right next to the villa, but the use of the fitness center, excellent restaurants and facilities are just about a 5-minute walk or 2-minute drive away make for convenience and ease during your vacation. Security 24 hours, paved roads and the elegance of it all, especially our Antiguan friends, makes you feel like you’re someone special.
- Primary: +1 518-321-4456
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Sitting in veranda overlooking infinity pool and the beautiful Caribbean
Looking a little more south
View from the outside dining area
Infinity pool overlooking Jolly Harbour
Living areas, spectacular vista
Dining as the sun starts to fall
Bar, kitchen and very roomy
Suite wash room, full body spa shower
Beautiful suite with Caribbean view
Suite overlooking the beautiful Carribean
Living area reflecting Sunset
Entrance from driveway
Sitting by the pool over looking Jolly Harbour
View from veranda/outside patio
Outside covered living area, cozy
Veranda/Outdoor Patio next to pool
Outside dining between suite and living area
Breakfast table, bar looking into kitchen
Master suite, door on left goes to veranda between living areas
Other suite with caribbean view
Bath with body shower
Villa Sunset at Dusk overlooking Jolly Harbour
Street view, paved road and gated entrance
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, October 19, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.