Spectacular Ocean View Casita with Easy Walk to Beach
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sayulita house description
CASITAS SAYULITA is the first spectacular ocean view compound at the bottom of the exclusive Nanzal Hill overlooking the village of Sayulita, the ocean and capturing the famed Sayulita Sunsets. Welcome to a private family built Casita in a secure, safe and beautifully designed round compound. Casitas Sayulita is built on the slope of a tropical hillside and has been designed to give you private street access with a minimum of stairs and a maximum of privacy. This Casita has been designed with an individual kitchen or kitchenette,and west facing ocean view balcony, creating privacy and lounging space. You will delight in the breath taking ocean views and attention to details. This Casita is one of 5 on the property and is located on level 3.
You will have a quick 15 minute walk to the plaza, center of town and surf beach where there are endless adventures to be enjoyed daily. You may prefer a sweet 5 minute walk down the hill to a more private beach with restaurants close by as well. There is off street parking for your convenience if your vacation includes a rental car or golf cart. Did I say that the view of the village, beach, and ocean beyond is fantastic? The family can’t wait to have you share your photos and adventures with them.
Everything is clean, modern and user friendly while featuring the architectural details of local artists, masons and family members. You will be provided with high thread count linens, fluffy bath towels and will enjoy daily maid service. Please bring your favorite beach towel, hat and sunglasses...include your favorite pillow if that is a must. You may pack lightly as there is a Laundromat in the village. If your vacation includes staying connected wireless internet is certainly available in the Casita and all over the village of Sayulita.
Plan a family reunion, yoga retreat, group surf trip, business brainstorm session, Spanish Club outing, art creation trip, fishing fiesta with friends, or neighborhood get away. Many groups have requested having a yummy breakfast made for them like they experienced at Tia Adriana’s B&B. That can be arranged as well as fishing trips, waterfall adventures, zip line tours, horseback riding, surf lessons, or you name it. The family has been in residence in Sayulita since before anyone even surfed here and they have friends in most all the restaurants and adventure spots. Just ask, they have the connections and such stories to tell!
This is a great location for a small private wedding or pre-wedding celebration.
TROPICAL BREEZE is on level 3 and is one of the 5 charming ocean view Casitas located in the lush and tropical Casitas Sayulita family built compound. Step into your breezy ocean view Casita and be prepared to start clicking photos before you even unpack. What a view!!! Can you imagine the sunsets??? Grab a cool drink from the fridge, kick off your sandals and head to your ocean view balcony. Each of the 2 private ocean view bedroom suites feature a top of the line King sized bed, with a wall of hand painted sayings to encourage your sweet dreams. Each private bath boasts ocean views even from the shower. A third bath off the dining room provides easy access while preparing snacks or coming in from the ocean view balcony.
This whole Casita is filled with tropical tiles and inspirational sayings painted on the walls by Tia’s daughter. An abundance of mirrors reflect the lush vegetation and sparkling ocean water no matter which direction you are looking. Creativity and simplicity have joined hands to create this charming and restful retreat.
Be creative Mexican style in your Mexican/American kitchenette with stove top cooking. Feel free to whip up a blender drink, chop tomatoes, onions and chilies for a salsa fresca, and melt yourself a tasty quesadilla. Set a pretty table or play cards in your roomy dining and living room. Ok…this is a great spot to hang and use your computer if you must, I have! You will most likely spend the majority of your time lounging on the large, well furnished, breezy balcony with your feet up. It’s kind of like having a whole extra great room to relax in.
Native tropical vegetation, wind in the palms and local colorful birds add to the well established charm of the 5 private levels of Casitas Sayulita. You are a quick walk to the beach, town and yummy restaurants. This is indoor-outdoor living at its finest. You may never want to leave your luxurious ocean view terrace but only in leaving do you have the opportunity to dream of returning and creating more memories.
- 1400 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- Wake up to 180 degree views of the sparkling ocean, swaying palm trees and village of Sayulita all seen from your luxurious king sized bed. Enjoy a special saying about dreams artfully painted above your bed. Step out onto your wonderful view balcony and relax as you prepare for the adventures of your day. Each bedroom has a private attached bathroom with beautiful hand painted tiles by one of the family members....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
If you love icy drinks pick up a bag of ice from the village and be ready to start creating. How about chilling some colorful local fruit, or keeping a container of milk for a late night cereal snack?...moreless
This Casita features Mexican stove top cooking and is equipped with pots, pans and modern tools. Whip up a tasty snack morning, noon or night, or just heat your left-overs from your restaurant dining....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- TROPICAL BREEZE is one of 5 levels or private Casitas that comprise the CASITAS SAYULITA tropical hillside compound. Please visit our website to view all 5 Casitas to choose the one that suits you best... www.CasitasSayulita.com. Each Casita features a charming kitchen or kitchenette, a view balcony and modern friendly architecture. Mature landscape and beautiful walls surround all 5 Casitas as they wrap their secure arms around you. You will have a short walk to the quiet more private beach in front of your Casita, or take a longer stroll to the main part of the village to enjoy more active beaches. Restaurants are available near both beaches, You can spend your vacation interacting with the villagers and vacationers, or stay a bit north in front of Casitas Sayulita where it is more private. Either way, bring your sunscreen, beach towel, flip flops, sun hat and a good book and enjoy the sights, sounds, smells and good food of Sayulita and Casitas Sayulita....moreless
Location & View
You will enjoy pristine surf views of the Sayulita Coastline. You are high enough up to catch the ocean breeze through the green palms & close enough to enjoy the songs of the brightly colored birds....moreless
Enjoy spectacular ocean views and the the famous surf in Sayulita. Capture the magical multicolored sunsets while relaxing & sipping your favorite beverage from your balcony or inside your Casita....moreless
Sayulita is thankfully still very rural and people friendly. You can experience the day to day life the village families live while relaxing in all the luxury modern Casitas Sayulita has to offer....moreless
Zip down in front of Casitas Sayulita and jump into toe ocean. Great ocean view and so close to the water. Who could ask for more? Sayulita even has lifeguards and safe swimming beach designations....moreless
- Fitness Center
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Deepsea Fishing
- Surf Fishing
- Eco Tourism
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- OVERALL ATMOSPHERE: It is easy to spend your day relaxing, eating, swimming, relaxing, eating again and then deciding where to have a yummy dinner...It's all about the food, fun and laughter with friends and family. You deserve a special time in a special place and Casitas Sayulita has been created with you in mind. Captivating ocean view and short walk to the beach make this a winner. STORIES: Our family has lived here since 1979, before there were even telephones in the village of Sayulita. Adriana is so loved by the town people that they call her Tia Adriana, Auntie to them all because they love her. We have a great story to tell...can't wait to hear what yours will be after you spend your first delightful vacation at Casitas Sayulita. LOCATION: You will be staying towards the north end of town at the bottom of Nanzal Hill. You will be a bit away from the daily hustle & bustle and the local evening night life activities. You will be close enough to join in whatever fun you choose. ACTIVITIES: What keeps you thriving and engaged??? Do you surf? Take a lesson while you are here on vacation... or how about kayaking, stand up paddle-boarding, snorkeling, biking, zip lining or just relaxing and sunning on the beach? You can be as active or relaxed as you can imagine. Bring your own or enjoy renting beach chairs, umbrellas, surf boards, bikes, kayaks and even horses. You can even rent a golf cart to zip around in, The quaint village of Sayulita is full of amenities to add to your vacation pleasure…How about joining a yoga class and or receiving a restorative massage? Limber up in the morning for an evening dance class. BEACHES: The beaches around Sayulita are perhaps her greatest assets. You will fall in love with the shoreline whether you are strolling the 2-mile long beach in front of the village or wandering off to discover some of the less-popular “hidden” beaches. Remember to bring your camera. From Casitas Sayulita it is a short walk to experience the ocean, fishing, snorkeling, surfing, swimming, wading, or simply putting your toes in the surf.MARKETS: There are many quaint markets for you to explore in Sayulita. You’ll discover a surprisingly nice selection of fresh locally grown fruits & vegis as well as Mexican staples. Stop a native fisherman on the beach and you may be able to purchase a freshly caught fish to prepare for your dinner. If you are serious in the kitchen you might want to stop, after you land in Puerto Vallarta, at a large grocery store, Sam's Club or Costco to gather ingredients and snacks to stock your refrigerator for your stay. Stove top cooking is the native way here and you will be enjoying 4 burners and ample pots and pans. SHOPPING: Make your way on a shopping adventure from native Huichol Indian arts to local artisans and on to modern décor. From striking jewelry to one-of-a-kind pieces of clothing you’ll love the hunt. You may just find your favorite treasure from a sweet smiling native while you are sitting on the beach, sipping a drink and reading your book. We’ll love to hear your story. DINING: Be advised that your appetite will be heightened while your waistline may not be lightened during your get away in Sayulita. From the moment you awaken you’ll be captivated by the delicious aromas of cooking food. It’s hard to pick what to have first… If you count taco/torta stands and small “hole-in-the-wall” cafes, Sayulita provides over 100 locations to get a bite to eat. For breakfast you can enjoy yummy fresh juices from the juice lady, grab a coffee and a pastry on the run, lounge at the beach enjoying huevos rancheros or have a sit-down spread at a restaurant with the locals. While at breakfast many of our guests are already planning where they will have lunch!!! Lunch is soon followed by dinner and the choices allow for casual dinning & dress or you can even get all “fancy”, put on your sparkly flip flops, and dine in elegance. Remember to bring your camera. NIGHTLIFE: Sayulita provides a smorgasbord of nighttime activities. After a sunset cocktail you may want to brush up on your Salsa dancing, listen to some good music, get happy with the locals, walk the coastline or wait to experience the fireworks from an evening wedding on the hill top. You can always call it an early evening and relax on your balcony with friends at Casita Sayulita. PEOPLE: The local villagers of Sayulita are one of its greatest charms. The town was originally founded by five Mexican families who still maintain the largest presence and land/business ownership in town. From a village where only Spanish was spoken less than 35 years ago the sweet people of Sauylita have embraced their growth while retaining their family values. They still appreciate hearing, “hola”, “gracias”, and “por favor” as you enjoy their town. STAY: We hope you will always have a shell in your pocket, sand on your feet, a smile in your heart and return often....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Fun wit TiaGuest comment entered by manager
Fun wit Tia
I had so much fun with you, staying at the B and B for all those years. xoxoxoxoxoxox
- Guest Cherrie O.
- Date of stay 11/26/13
- Review Submitted 11/26/13
Tia Adriana's kindnessGuest comment entered by manager
Tia Adriana's kindness
Oh, Tia Adriana and her Angel Cards at breakfast! Who could forget the unflagging kindness she always showed to everyone.
- Guest Leslee C.
- Date of stay 11/26/13
- Review Submitted 11/26/13
A Truly Magical RetreatGuest comment entered by manager
A Truly Magical Retreat
We have passed many lovely vacations staying at the Adams' properties in Sayulita. The house on the hill, as we always have called it, has been a truly magical retreat since we started coming there. Its location, perched on the side of the jungle hill, affords a view that took my breath away the first time I arrived - it is a bird's eye view that one can't get from many other parts of Sayulita because of the terrain. The sunsets from this location are the stuff of dreams - if I was a poet I'd come up with something better than that! Apart from being beautiful, the rooms are special both because the family has great taste in building design and because you feel welcome and comfortable. I love the open air approach of the building - it is pretty incredible to sleep in a comfortable bed breathing fresh, clean ocean air yet still have peace and quiet. That is certainly a cure for a busy work environment back home! The owners are some of the warmest and most accommodating people I've ever had the pleasure to rent rooms from - and if you have the chance to get them to cook for you, you are really in for a treat! I can't think of a better way to spend my days in Sayulita playing at the beach and then sitting on one of the balconies here, watching the sun slowly melt over the hills and water.
- Guest Duana fro Washington
- Date of stay 11/01/07
- Review Submitted 10/23/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - May 15
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates for all 5 Casitas in US $ for High Season
#1 Peek A View $100
#2 Whispering Palms $200
#3 Tropical Breeze $180
#4 Ocean Windows $140
#5 Paradise Penthouse $120
Please go to our website www.CasitasSayulita to see ocean view photos and amenities.
All 5 Casitas or levels can be rented together for a group vacation or separately.
Contact owners for payment terms
Refund policy/cancellation: notification with more than 42 days will result in a one night penalty. Cancellations with less notification will result in a 50% penalty and 50% credited for a future stay. Cancellations within 30 days of arrival will not be credited. Christmas and New Years reservations will not be refundable or credited with less than 90 days notific
- Tax Rate 3%
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Puerto Vallarta International Airport at 26 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: within a 5 minute walk at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: less than 30 minutes away at 30 Miles
About: TIA ADRIANA: is a native of Southern California, born in 1924 when life was a bit more rough around the edges than it is now. When her adventure began in 1979, Tia was living a charmed life with her daughter and 3 sons across from the ocean and one of the best surf beaches in Cardiff-by-the Sea, Southern California. Her nephew Robert brought her to Sayulita on a vacation from Santa Cruz, Nayarit a few hours north of Sayulita. Robert had helped his sister-in law Maria purchase a small Cantina on a corner in the center of the very tiny village of Sayulita. Robert suggested that his Tia Adriana help out a villager in distress and buy the lot next to Maria's Cantina. And she did...When you visit ask us to tell you the story. Plan to sit a spell and listen to the whole delightful tale. Tia brought her spiritual nature, vibrant smile and generous heart to Sayulita in 1979 joining the only other 12 American and Canadian families there. She built her home that turned into a B&B as more and more friends came to visit. She continues, along with her 4 children and 9 grandchildren to love and support the growing community of Sayulita. Tia Adriana's B&B is now leased and being successfully run by someone outside the family. Tia and her family are now focused on YOU and their 5 ocean view houses, Casitas Sayulita, at the bottom of Nanzal Hill, which was once a lush jungle. They know Sayulita inside and out and have created 5 houses for your vacation pleasure. Tia wants you to love and enjoy Casitas Sayulita as much as she has. Originally it was built by her son Goyo as a get-away for her. Through the years it has been enjoyed by yoga groups and families who needed more room than the B&B could provide. The family has always focused on delivering a personal connection with Sayulita natives and the culture. Tia turns 89 in September 2013 and still enjoys the happy air in Cardiff. She remains Tia Adriana and sends her love and smiles to you and Sayulita.
WHY SAYULITA? Tia Adriana and her family are one of the oldest non-native families in Sayulita. They arrived in 1979 when they were 1 of only 12 American and Canadian families. At that early date only Spanish was spoken, there were no telephones and electricity had just arrived. Their love of the charming village, admiration of the local culture, simplicity of the lifestyle, beauty of the people and enjoyment of the pristine beaches & surf encouraged them to stay. Tia, with the help of her sons, nephew, and local carpenters, built an ocean view home that by popular demand soon transitioned into Tia Adriana’s Bed and Breakfast. One block from the ocean in the center of the coastal part of town it kept growing and soon became a well know landmark in Sayulita. Today it is leased to a nonfamily member and is being run as a hotel. WHO BUILT CASITAS SAYULITA? Tia’s son Goyo, who lives in Sayulita, has headed up the vision and building from the ground up of the 5 levels of private Casitas known as Casitas Sayulita. Her daughter Lynn, who lives in Cardiff-by-the Sea, has painted the tiles and orchestrated the mosaics, paintings and décor through the years. Her son Rex, who now lives in Oaxaca, has transported many fun things from the U.S. that give the Casitas their charm. Tia’s son Pablo lives in nearby La Cruz Marina and can arrange a fishing trip for you if you’d like. WHY NANZAL HILL? Ocean view, sunset view, town view, jungle view, and more ocean view led Tia and her family to create Casitas Sayulita when the bottom of Nanzal Hill was only steep, dense, parrot filled jungle. The family would hike through the jungle wielding machetes to clear a path so they could drink in the unobstructed crystal clear ocean view and dream of building. Each private level would be unique in character and yet maintain a consistent beauty and style. As with the B&B, these 5 beauties have grown and matured along with the lush landscaping. Vision and creativity are the key.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
THIS CASITA IS ONE OF 5 PRIVATE LEVELS, OR CASITAS AND IS LOCATED ON LEVEL 3 TROPICAL BREEZE:Enter at your own risk! You may never want to leave! Lounge on your sweeping ocean view terrace with plenty of comfy furniture. Gather for coffee, reconnect for lunch or celebrate the colorful sunset over the ocean. Retreat to a modern comfortable dining & living room. Two private bath ocean view bedroom suites give the flexibility of 2 couples vacationing together yet feeling separate. Prepare your meals in your ocean view kitchen or dine out in style.
- Primary: 760-845-6972
- Secondary: +52 329-29-13029 Call U.S. number 1st for reservations & inquiruies
SPECTACULAR OCEAN VIEWS FROM BALCONIES & ALL INSIDE ROOMS. BOTTOM OF NANZAL HILL
Live it up morning, noon or night on your spacious ocean view balcony.
Relax and enjoy yourself in this inviting covered balcony ocean view room.
Lush landscape adds to the tropical views from the spacious covered balcony.
Dining or game playing with friends...The space is there for it all.
Charming hand painted sayings inspire and add to the locally made wall art.
Even the guest bath off the dining area is filled with unique artsy details.
Step out of bedroom 1, sink onto a comfy chaise lounge & enjoy the ocean view.
Read and lounge in bedroom 2 or mosey out to your view balcony for sunrise.
Shoreline looking north to where Casitas Sayulita is.
Local street vendors provide delightful treats.
Wander on down and have a delicious fresh made juice before you start relaxing.
You can stay inside the Casita and still experience the beauty of the sunset.
Over the tops of the palms and out to the sea, the view goes on forever.
Oh what colors Mother Nature paints the skies from your breezy balcony.
Open your eyes to the northern splendor from your bedroom.
Local artistic masons have crafted bamboo and palm tree supports throughout.
Neat and clean meets creativity and results in a sweet blend.
Wake up to the beautiful color of the morning sunrise in bedroom 1.
Bathrooms feature tropical tiles painted by Tia Adriana's daughter.
Step out of bedroom 2 and rest, relax & snap photos of the sweeping ocean view.
Head out to the quiet beach south of town and enjoy a relaxing swim.
Beaches are delightful with local fishing boats and fun photo opts.
Fresh fruit at its finest goes well with bbq chicken from the corner grill.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 27, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.