Quiet & Relaxing Cottage Nestled Next to an Orchard and Minutes to Town Square
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-4 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sonoma cottage description
Cozy and comfortable country cottage sits on a half acre nestled next to the remnants of a century old pear orchard providing a Quiet And Tranquil setting. Located minutes away to Sonoma Town Plaza, Valley of the Moon scenic drive wineries and local shops and restaurants.
Large open Living/Dining room where guests can spend time together watching TV, listening to music or dine on the French Boulanger inspired table for up to 10 persons. The kitchen is fully equipped by a retired pastry chef/caterer providing you with an opportunity to cook to your hearts delight.
Master Bedroom has a king size bed with it’s own en-suite bathroom with shower. Second bedroom has queen bed and 3rd bedroom has two twin beds. All have Iphone-MP3 Radio Alarm Clocks with USB charging station. Second bathroom with tub/shower.
Large Patio door opens out onto over 3500 square feet of outdoor living space which includes: Solar-heated saline pool, expansive decking, dining area, Weber Genesis Gas grill, professional landscaping and wonderful views of the local mountains and orchard.
- 1350 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only:
- Children Welcome:
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Hair Dryer
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
Pool & Spa
- Private Pool:
- Heated Pool
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water Tubing
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Fly Fishing
- Basketball Court
- Roller Blading
- Hunting Small Game
- Miniature Golf
- Live Theater
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Recreation Center
- Botanical Garden
- Winery Tours
- Wildlife Viewing
- Sight Seeing
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Outlet Shopping
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- We are conveniently located to the Sonoma town plaza where you will find numerous restaurants, shops, galleries and wine tasting. Hiking trails and regional parks abound. The Sonoma Mission historic park and train museum will keep both parents & families interests alive. The Sonoma Valley is home to many agrarian endeavors. In addition to the numerous wineries nearby, visit organic farms, cheesemakers, participate in olive oil tastings and culinary classes. Hot air ballooning, cycling, golf, tennis, horseback riding, fly fishing, water tubing and canoeing down the Russian River are just a few of activities that will keep visitors busy. For those of you who wish to kick back and relax, there are also numerous spas nearby and in town. Visit Calistoga to enjoy the mudbaths and waters there or visit the nearby Sonoma Mission Inn or Kenwood spa for the ultimate spa experience. There are many opportunities to participate in a yoga retreat or just take a class to keep your practice current. All are conveniently located nearby. For all of you who are deeply connected to mother earth through food, the Sonoma Valley is your oyster. World class restaurants, farmers markets, opportunities to purchase directly from the farms themselves, culinary schools, farm trail tours, cheese making trail tour are all at your fingertips. The Sonoma Valley has a large Latino community which is reflected in its rich history, arts and architecture and plethora of opportunities to sample the cuisine ranging from restaurants, to the vibrant food trucks and Latin markets. The theater and arts is alive and well in Sonoma. See live performances at nearby Jack London State park summer theater, make a short trip to Santa Rosa, or Sonoma State College. All in all, Sonoma is able to provide a full spectrum of activities and choices for everyone, young and old. However, if you just want to escape from the fog in your life, come and relax in the warmth and natural beauty of Sonoma to get away from it all....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We had such a lovely time at your charming cottage in Sonoma. Very relaxing and close to the town square and many wineries. We especially liked the pear jam you made from the pears from the orchard. We can't wait to return for another relaxing weekend!
- Guest Susan P.
- Date of stay 01/18/14
- Review Submitted 02/25/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
A true hidden gem! We had an absolutely perfect stay! Location of cottage is the best as it is a very short drive to both the towns of Sonoma and Glen Ellen however it is also quiet and peaceful away from the maddening crowds. Also, very close to dozens of great wineries and world class restaurants! The cottage itself was spotless and beautifully decorated with an artistic professional touch. Kitchen was a dream in which to cook as all utensils and appliances were provided with a chef's touch. We loved relaxing in the beautiful back yard and although we were not able to enjoy the swimming pool as the weather did not allow it, we still appreciated looking out over the beautiful orchard and the peaceful tranquility of watching the many birds!
- Guest Ringo
- Date of stay 02/14/14
- Review Submitted 02/20/14
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Wonderful Weekend Retreat in Sonoma
Wonderful Weekend Retreat in Sonoma
We rented the orchard cottage to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday. It was perfect! The house was immaculate and extremely well done. All the finishing touches were lovely, including lanterns sprinkled around the backyard, all solar powered with flame-less candles - much more than you would ever expect for a rental house - the owners definitely went above and beyond to create a comfortable, welcoming, chic atmosphere, that rivals any contemporary hotel. The rooms were large (even the closets were huge) and kitchen, with brand new stainless steel appliances, was well equipped. If you plan on having a nice dinner party while staying there, however, I would suggest bringing your own wine glasses (if having matching glasses is something that matters to you). But the rest of the tableware/server-ware/glassware wast wonderful, especially for a rental home! One other suggestion for the owners would be to store a throw blanket somewhere in the family room, to make it even more comfortable and inviting. The owners were very helpful in answering questions throughout the process and very accommodating with our requests. Thank you, Jamie & Stephanie, for all your suggestions and information on the area! The only negative feedback from our group was regarding the liability release waivers all overnight guests were required to sign. We were required to return them well in advance of our stay, which meant I had to nag guests for their waivers. I understand wanting to protect oneself as the property owner, but this seemed a little overkill. Plus, you would think VRBO would include coverage for homeowners in the rental agreements... Traffic from the house to Sonoma Square is bad if you take Hwy 12, but it's a quick, easy trip if you take Arnold Drive. We had lunch at El Dorado Kitchen, outside by the pool, which was wonderful; dinner at the Girl & the Fig - delicious; and brunch at Sunflower Cafe - great waffles and smoothies - all in Sonoma Plaza. You really don't need to leave orchard cottage though, the house is so inviting and the backyard is perfect. We can't wait for our next stay!
- Guest Julia D. (Sausalito, CA)
- Date of stay 10/11/13
- Review Submitted 10/21/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, families with teenagers.
long weekend getaway
long weekend getaway
I stayed at this rental property for a long weekend in September. There were 5 women in total and it was the perfect amount of space. The house was spotless and the owners checked in on the phone to ensure that everything was ok. The backyard is fabulous!! Nice pool, BBQ, ping pong table, and a few sitting areas. It's a short drive to the cute town centre and good shopping and meals. Nice spot! The addition of a full length mirror in any of the bedrooms would be great.
- Guest Rachael W.
- Date of stay 09/19/13
- Review Submitted 09/27/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, families with young children.
A really great place!
A really great place!
I was looking for a place to have a girls weekend when I came across this lovely cottage. The landlords are a breath of fresh air. They were responsive and accommodating. Not to mention, their house is beautiful and very comfortable. The house comfortably slept all six of us and exceeded all of our various expectations. Location / Place: The property has a great remote feel being tucked away in a pear orchard, but is still very close to Sonoma Town Square and other major nearby attractions / amenities. House: The house is really nicely decorated, comfortable, and well equipped. Backyard: Easily my favorite part of the house, the backyard provides a few different nooks for hanging out, sunning, eating and just general relaxing. The pool is not huge but great for slashing around, and it's saline. Landlords: Good people! Needless to say, we really enjoyed our stay and I hope to have an opportunity to return.
- Guest Natalie (San Francisco)
- Date of stay 08/15/13
- Review Submitted 09/03/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, pet owners, people with disabilities, romantic getaway, adventure seekers, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Orchard Cottage Stay (MB 8/2013)
Orchard Cottage Stay (MB 8/2013)
Completely (and beautifully) renovated house outside of Sonoma downtown. Easy access to Sonoma, Glen Ellen, etc. Nice oasis in the middle of a pear orchard. Our two families enjoyed the nice backyard, making pear tarts with freshly picked pears (there were plenty on the ground and in the trees), swimming and playing ping pong. And of course barbequeing. Sitting outside watching the stars and drinking the local wines was fantastic! The pool is beautiful at night with its changing light scheme. One note: this pool is for splashing around and cooling off, not swimming laps. The kitchen was nicely equipped with everything we needed to prepare, cook and enjoy. The beds and rooms were comfortable and quiet. Our kids managed to sleep in every morning, making it a real vacation! The owners were flexible in allowing us to have slightly more people than their 6-person limit (shh!), and were very easy-going in general. They were also very prompt to respond to a plumbing issue. It was a great vacation and we hope to return in the future!
- Guest Visitor #2 (Berkeley, CA)
- Date of stay 08/20/13
- Review Submitted 08/26/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
Serene and lovely!
Serene and lovely!
3 friends and I were looking for a quiet weekend getaway in wine country and we certainly found it at this property! Turns out we were the first guests of the owners, and Stephanie met me to hand over the keys and explain the ins and outs of the house. She was really one of the nicest people - so accommodating! It was clear it was important to her that we enjoy our stay. The house is extremely well-maintained, the furnishings were tasteful and warm, the outside area was possibly the biggest hit - we ate outside almost every meal and spent a lot of time by the pool. This property is very quiet, which was perfect for our needs. I have rented many VRBO properties before and I can, without a doubt, say that we will be returning to this lovely cottage!
- Guest S & K (Sausalito, California & Boston, MA)
- Date of stay 07/26/13
- Review Submitted 07/30/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, romantic getaway, families with young children, sightseeing, families with teenagers.
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Nov 10, 2014
3 night min stay
Nov 20 - Jan 5, 2015
4 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Holiday rate $575.00 per night,
3 night minimum : Memorial day, Labor day.
4 night minimum: July 4th, Thanksgiving, Christmas & New years.
The POOL IS NOT AVAILABLE during low season, Nov.1st - May 1st due to the solar heating system.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $400
- Cleaning fee: $125
- Tax Rate 9%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: San Francisco international Airport at 59.4 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Larkspur Ferry at 31.8 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: California highway 12 - Sonoma highway at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Bodega Bay, CA at 41 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: The Lobby Bar in the Sonoma Mission inn & Spa at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Lake Tahoe at 184 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Los Arroyos Golf Club (public) at 6.7 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: El Molino Central at 1.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2012
- Secondary: +1 415.317.5864
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Bedroom 1: KingBed
Bedroom 2: Queen
Bedroom3: Twin Room
North view of orchard
North view of patio
Evening on the patio
Living /Dining Area
Patio View from Dining Area
Master ensuite bathroom w/ shower
Bathroom 2 w/ Tub/shower Combo
South view of patio
vineyard view from Valley of the Moon, HI 12
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Sunday, February 16, 2014
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.