Waterfront - Orchid Bay Casita 9a
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Corozal house description
Orchid Bay is a resort community located on a protected cove on the beautiful Bay of Chetumal in northern Belize. Casita 9A is an 1150 sqft 2 bedroom (one is a loft) one bath home with complete kitchen, air conditioning, and a large screened in porch right on the waterfront. It has beautiful Belizean hardwood ceilings, loft walls, and furniture. The use of our 2 Bicycles and DVD movies are included. (No television channels are available yet.)
It is not located right in Corozal. It is 12 miles on unpaved roads
---Options for getting to Orchid Bay :
1) Fly to Belize City and rent a 4X4. (All agencies have them) There are two options to drive to Orchid Bay. (each takes approx. 2 1/2 hrs and we will provide a map)
a) Take the paved Northern Highway to Corozal and then the last 3/4 hr is on a dirt/gravel/bumpy road. You will also have to cross two rivers on hand cranked ferries to get to Orchid Bay. These are pretty cool as you ask the gentlemen if it's o.k. for you to crank and they will gladly oblige. This is the best way for your first time to Orchid Bay.
b) Take the paved Northern Highway to Orange Walk. Then turn to San Esteban, Little Belize and then to Orchid Bay.
2) Fly to Belize City and then hire a transfer to drive you to Orchid Bay.
3) Fly to Belize City and then fly to Corozal. Hire a transfer company to take you to Orchid Bay (approx. US$45) or rent a vehicle in Corozal. The cost is approx. $80/day including insurance. Belize has two national airlines : Tropic Air and Maya Island Air.
5) Fly into Cancun and then take Tropic Air to Belize City and then do one of the options above.
6) Fly into Cancun and rent a vehicle. Make sure you ask if the vehicle can be taken across the border to Belize.
7) Fly into Cancun and take ADO bus lines to Corozal, Belize and then get transfer company to pick you up and bring you to Orchid Bay.
- 1150 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Optional
- Children Welcome:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The living room has a queen sized futon.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- The on-site property manager will check guests in and out, and can provide contacts for tours, excursions, and transportation services. Note: There is a single $60 per stay (not per night) cleaning/restocking fee in addition to the nightly rate. Longer term lease rates are available. Please contact us. ...moreless
- Video Library:
- DVD Player
- Water Sports Gear:
- Deck / Patio:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Bird Watching
- Restaurant, Swimming Pool, Hobie Cat, and Kayaks are on site. Paddle Boards are available to rent from the restaurant (Tradewinds Bar & Grill). Wireless internet is available for a fee. Laundry service is available from the on site property manager. Arrangements can be made for excursions to Maya Ruins or Cave Tubing, Snorkeling and Scuba Diving are best out on one of the Islands on the reef. Orchid Bay is pleasantly remote, yet not isolated. Corozal Town (population 10,000) is about 12 miles away, while Chetumal, Mexico (the state capital of Quintana Roo Mexico, population about 260,000), is just across the Mexican border another 8 miles north of Corozal Town....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This is the best, closest to the water where every night you fall asleep listening to the waves lapping against the shore which is about 100' away. The only one with a private little dock and boardwalk. And a private beach albeit a small one. The casita has everything you need full operating kitchen, beautiful huge bedroom and a small loft for sleeping also with a very steep ladder for access. The Orchid Bay property is most definitely under development and the roadways in and out of the property are at times challenging to navigate, full of potholes, waterholes, and if raining very muddy. There is only a little restaurant on the property that serves bar food and excellent drinks. Stephen is very well versed on the happenings in the area as he is your contact for all your needs at the casita at his Orchid Bay bed and breakfast. The roads in Belize are full of potholes and every town has speed bumps known as the silent policemen. Top speed is most of the time 20-30mph. Driving around Belize can be challenging as some times there are no road signs to tell where something is. We explored Orange Walk, Corozal, Santenja, Little Belize, where the language spoken is mostly a local dialect of German, and the small towns that you have to drive through to get to these towns. All in all I can't wait to return to explore more of a very fascinating country. If your not used to seeing people that live on a very modest income and rough conditions getting to things, Belize may not be your cup of tea. It is a very under developed country by US standards. The Belizean people are friendly and we felt secure wherever we went. All I can tell you is this was the most interesting vacation I have ever taken.
- Guest Alan A.
- Date of stay 10/20/13
- Review Submitted 11/25/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
Owner response: Thank you for the great review and helping others see what a great adventure Belize can be!
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 1 - Apr 30
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
In addition to the rental rate there will be a single $60.00 cleaning and restocking fee charged for each reservation.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- One time cleaning fee: $60
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 90 days before arrival date.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Corozal at 12 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Laguna Seca at 3 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Corozal - Northern Hwy. at 12 Miles
- Nearest Beach: A few steps from your front door at Corozal
- Nearest Barpub: Tradewinds Bar and Grill at Corozal
- Nearest Restaurant: Tradewinds Bar and Grill at Corozal
Year Purchased: 2010
About the owner: We love to travel, snorkel, read and go sailing.
Why the Owner Chose Corozal:
We purchased our Casita in Orchid Bay Belize mainly for our own use as a vacation home. We fell in love with Orchid Bay when we first visited in April of 2008 and purchased our casita pre-construction. It was completed in December of 2010. We are not yet able to be there for more than a few weeks a year and so are making it available for others to enjoy when we are not using it.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The rest and relaxation we enjoy when we are here make it very hard to leave. We chose Belize because of the ease of getting there from the USA. The people are so friendly and almost all of them speak English. It is a beautiful warm area. Watching the sun set from our porch with the warm scrumptious tropical breezes floating by is beyond description. Make sure you try an Apple Banana in Belize they are the best!
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Large Tiled Walk-In Shower
Kitchen and Loft
Loft Queen Bed
Living Room Entertainment
View South from Porch
View North from Casita
Water tower with observation deck
Beach and Wading area
Casita 9A from the water.
Hand painted bathroom sink
Kitchen and Bar
Loft- 2nd Bedroom
Loft (2nd Bedroom)
View North from Porch
Sunset from the Casita porch!
View South from Castia
View North from the water tower
Ferry to Orchid Bay
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 18, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.