8 Bedroom, 8 Bath Private Group Rental
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lake Santeetlah lodge description
Rent the Entire Woodlands Retreat
Special Offering (formerly operated as Blue Boar Inn, B & B)
Is your home not big enough to accommodate everyone on your guest list for your special gathering?
The Blue Boar Retreat may be rented year-round, without the Innkeeper or staff,
for special group or family gatherings.
Plan a holiday retreat or winter get-a-way for your family and friends.
The Retreat has 8 guest rooms , living room with fireplace, dining room facilities,
and a large commercial kitchen for you to cook your favorite meals. Outdoor covered deck and fire pit. Trout Pond. Boat dock on Lake Santeetlah. Swimming in lake. A catering service can be recommended for special occasions or festivities.
The Retreat can accommodate up to 24 people. There are 4 bedrooms with King beds and 4 bedrooms with 2 Queen beds each. Each bedroom has a private bath, sitting area and porch. TV and Wireless internet service is available.
The Retreat is fully provisioned with linens, cooking ware, tableware, silverware and everything you need to make your stay comfortable. Just bring your personal items and food to prepare. Housekeeping services are not provided.
You can fish in the trout pond or use our canoes and kayaks on the Lake Santeetlah..
Enjoy the great hiking trails in the Joyce Kilmer Forest and ride the Cherohala Skyway or Tail of the Dragon.
A two-night minimum stay is required.
The Retreat is children friendly.
Pets welcome with fee and prior permission.
$600 -$900 per night plus 9.75% tax and a security deposit (refunded) of $500.00
Additional cleaning fee of $300.00 required.
Two night minimum. Weekly & Monthly Discounts
Call or e-mail Innkeeper for details and book early.
Please visit Blue Boar Retreat, Robbinsville, NC website for a preview. Also look on YouTube for Blue Boar Retreat, Lake Santeetlah, Graham County NC, Joyce Kilmer Forest and Cherohala Skyway.
What to expect in the surrounding area.
Graham County is located in the far reaches of Western North Carolina in the beautiful Great Smoky Mountains of the southern Appalachians. This region is home to the some of the highest and most remote mountains east of the Mississippi with elevations ranging from 1177 to 5560 feet. Graham County is nestled among hundreds of thousands of acres of wilderness full of stunning mountain landscapes and many breathtaking views.
Graham County is practically enclosed by rugged towering mountains on all sides. The western range of the Great Smoky Mountains separating Graham from Tennessee is called the Unicoi Mountains. The southern boundary is the Snowbird Mountains circling to Red Marble Gap, then swinging northward to Cheoah Bald. The northern border is the Little Tennessee River inundated by Fontana Lake. The Cheoah range and the Yellow Creek Mountains traverse the northern part of the county completely boxing in Graham County on all sides with the exception of the rocky gorge of the Cheoah River below Lake Santeetlah where the Little Tennessee enters Tennessee. It is then indeed little wonder that this region was one of the last regions of Western North Carolina to be settled by the white men. Graham County, a part of the Cherokee treaty lands, was not opened to settlement until President Jackson ordered the removal of the Indians in 1838.
Thousands of hiking trails surround Santeetlah Lake amidst extremely biodiverse flora, awe-inspiring landscapes and intriguing wildlife. In addition to the encircling Nantahala National Forest, the Appalachian Trail can be reached to the east in less than ten miles. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park forms the northern border of Graham County providing visitors with popular camping, backpacking, fishing, wildlife viewing, and auto touring experiences. The 10,000 acres of the Snowbird Backcountry Area, where a group of Cherokee Native Americans hid from persecution on the Trail of Tears, is located south of the lake. Hunting, native trout fishing, primitive camping, and cascading waterfalls make this area a favorite among visitors. The Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest is immediately situated on the western side of the lake. The protected area is a stunning preserve of forest that has never been harvested by man. Twenty-foot wide poplars and giant red oaks, silent in their ancientness, are among some of the magnificent specimen of life you will see.
Elevation of Blue Boar Woodlands Retreat is 2100 ft.
Keywords: Vacation Rental, Group Retreat, Lake Santeetlah, Family Get-a-way, Lakeside, private dock, woodlands setting.
(Formerly operated as Blue Boar Inn)
- 5500 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome
- Wheelchair Accessible
- Events Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 24, Beds for 16-24
Bathrooms: 8 Bathrooms
- 8 bathrooms with shower/tub
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Coffee Maker:
- Air Conditioning:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Trout Pond, Fire Pit, canoes and kayaks, dock and access to Lake Santeetlah. 8 miles from Robbinsville for grocery shopping. Nearby whitewater rafting, Fontana Dam, Ziplines, Cherokee, Joyce Kilmer Forest, Stecoah Valley Center with handcrafted items from over 135 local and regional artists. Marina on lake for boat rentals. Horseback riding nearby. The 2800 acrea Lake Santeetlah is surrounded by the Nantahala Forest. The fish population is comprised of walleye, rainbow trout, brown trout, bluegill, and large and smallmouth bass. The lake also has a swimming beach, and several boat ramps. Nantahala Forest presents visitors with a variety of excellent hiking opportunities. Also nearby is whitewater rafting on the Nantahala River, access to the Appalachian Trail, and Fontana Dam, the largest dam on the Eastern Seaboard. Mountain Biking, the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad, and the scenic Cherohala Skyway stretching from Robbinsville to Tellico Plains, TN....moreless
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- DVD Player
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Hunting Big Game
- Pier Fishing
- Bird Watching
- Horseback Riding
- Eco Tourism
- Medical Services
- Sight Seeing
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- White water rafting, birding, wildflower viewing, fly fishing, canoeing, scenic drives, Tail of the Dragon, Deals Gap, Nantahala Gorge, boat rentals for lake Santeetlah. Local arts and crafts. Cherokee History information. Area draws motorcycle and sports car enthusiasts from all over the country to ride the Tail of the Dragon, an 11 mile stretch of road with 318 curves. Graham is known its for car gatherings and motorcycle rallies. Lake Santeetlah is the most scenic and least visited of any lake on the eastern seaboard. With approximately 75% of the shoreline either USFS lands or in conservation easements, you will always enjoy a guiet boating experience. The mountains rise right out of the shoreline and there are long range views from just about anywhere on the lake. And this area looks much the same as the first European Settlers found it when they drove their wagons across the 5,000 foot high mountain divides to get here. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
One night deposit on booking and signing of rental contract.
Balance due 30 days prior to arrival.
60 days cancellation notice for deposit return.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
$600-$900 per night depending of length of stay, # of guests and month
9.75% Sate and local taxes
$300.00 cleaning fee
Pet fee based on length of stay
Security deposit required
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Knoxville, TN at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 143 at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 1998
About the owner: I purchased this property in 1998 when it was still an old hunting lodge built in the 1950's and spent a year renovating to create an updated rental property. I ran the facility as a bed and breakfast for 13 years before offering it as simply a large group vacation rental home.
Why the Owner Chose Lake Santeetlah:
Lake Santeetlah is a lake surrounded 75% by National Forest and is not crowded with lakefront homes and boat traffic. The property is surrounded by woodlands but has access to the lake with a permitted boat dock. It is out of the way and serene.
The Unique Benefits at this Lodge:
We have our own stocked trout pond, access to the lake, and space for up to 24 people to sleep comfortably with 8 private bedrooms with baths. The local Ingles grocery store is just 8 miles. There are 2 marinas on the lake for boat and jet ski rentals. I can recommend a private catering service for your special festivities.
- Primary: (828) 479-8126 (North Carolina, USA)
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Saturday, November 02, 2013
8 Bedroom / 8 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.