Super Cozy Home Minutes from Everything
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sidney house description
This incredibly cozy, inviting home is just one block from Sidney's main street (Beacon Avenue) and only six blocks from the ocean. The house is quiet and fully equipped to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. It provides the perfect opportunity to gather with family and friends for a shared getaway in a home setting where the beds are comfortable, the showers are warm and the living and dining rooms encourage conversation and relaxation.
The house is in great shape and is well cared for. You'll enjoy quality bedding and towels, cookware and furnishings. The open concept on the main floor offers lots of natural light and creates a warm inviting atmosphere. You'll rest easy and deeply on high-quality mattresses in all the bedrooms.
Use the house for a quiet, restful getaway or as the base for exploring all the wonderful attractions just outside the door. Sidney and the surrounding area have much to offer so every day can bring new adventures.
Travelling to and from Sidney is easy. The Victoria International Airport is 5 minutes away as are ferry terminals for US and BC destinations.
- 1400 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- Master bedroom is on main floor. All beds and linens are brand new.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Towels Provided
- This is a very quiet home just minutes from all of the quaint shops, restaurants and tourist attractions that Sidney, Victoria and the Island have to offer. There is a complete separate lower floor suite that is occupied by a full-time renter. Sound proofing between the units is exceptional....moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Outdoor Grill
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Freshwater Fishing
- Fly Fishing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Roller Blading
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Surf Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Water Skiing
- Horseback Riding
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Botanical Garden
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Miniature Golf
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Whale Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Sidney by the Sea is a fantastic little town where you can wander at your own pace and enjoy all the gems it has to offer. Stroll down the main street (Beacon Avenue) and stop at one of the many friendly restaurants, cafes, galleries and shops. Take a water taxi across to Sidney Spit and enjoy a picnic on the beach. Book into kayaking and canoe tours or go whale watching. The waterfront around Sidney is great for beach combing and dog-walking. Plan day trips to Victoria, the Butchart Gardens or one of the many Gulf Islands. And when you're done for the day, come back to your cozy home-away-from home, cook a great meal, share your stories around the dinner table and enjoy a well-deserved rest. Then do it all over again the next day....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
House in Sidney, BC
House in Sidney, BC
Our family plus 2 dogs showed up to open the door to a very clean, well stocked spacious 3 bedroom home. It was well located to shopping. We walked down by the ocean every night. Parking was easy and it is very accessible. It was wonderful to deal with Jim and Cathy(contact in Sidney).
- Guest Laura P.
- Date of stay 07/30/13
- Review Submitted 08/13/13
Recommended for: Pet owners, families with teenagers, families with young children, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
5 night min stay
|Low Season - 2 People
Oct 1 - Mar 31
5 night min stay
|High Season - 2 People
Apr 1 - Sep 30
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates increase based on the number in your party:
3 pple $135/day, $800/wk, $2400/mo
4 pple $145/day, $900/wk, $2700/mo
5 pple $155/day, $1050/wk, $3150/mo
6 pple $175/day, $1200/wk, $3600/mo
3 pple $165/day, $975/wk, $2925/mo
4 pple $175/day, $1150/wk, $3450/mo
5 pple $195/day, $1325/wk, $3975/mo
6 pple $225/day, $1500/wk, $4500/mo
Rates subject to change.
- Cleaning Fee: C$250
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$500
- Pet Fee: C$150
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Victoria International at 5 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Washington State Ferries or BC Ferries at 2 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Patricia Bay Highway 17 at 0.5 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Beacon Landing at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Beacon Landing Bar and Grill at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Mount Washington Alpine Resort at 265 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Cordova Bay Golf Course at 12 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Many great restaurants within a 5 minute walk at 0.5 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We are Cari Chernichen and Jim Swiss of Calgary, Alberta Canada. We run a successful consulting business that focusses on worker safety and environmental protection. Our work has taken us around the world, but we are constantly drawn to Sidney. It has been our goal to live at least part time on Vancouver Island and to our good fortune, this house came available in early 2013. We jumped at the chance to own it and are thrilled to know it is there for us. It has become our oasis.
Why the Owner Chose Sidney:
Sidney has been a second home for Cari since the early 1970s. She watched it grow from a tiny fishing and retirement village to the bustling elegant vacation destination it is today. We both love spending as much time as we can in Sidney visiting family and friends who call it home. We have travelled to many places around the globe and have rented vacation properties through VRBO on several of those trips. We have always been more than pleasantly surprised with the accommodations we've found on VRBO and we look forward to sharing our VRBO rental with visitors from around the world.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
We love walking and this lovely little house allows us to park our car in the garage and leave it there. Everything we need for day-to-day living is no more than a few blocks away. And if we just don't feel like venturing out the door, the house is so warm and cozy, we can lose ourselves for days in books, movies and home cooking.
- Primary: +1 403-804-6147
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Two Stories 1400 Square feet
Living Room with 42' Flat Screen HD TV
Kitchen - Plenty of Counter Space
Heading Home Just Ahead of Sunset
Open Concept, Warm Colours
Staircase to Second Floor
Second Bedroom with Queen Bed
Sunny Patio with BBQ and Comfortable Rattan Furniture
View of Mount Baker from Downtown Sidney
Cozy Home Minutes from the Sea
Entry with Stain Glass
Living Room with Gas Fireplace
Kitchen has Fridge, Stove, Microwave and Dishwasher
Dining Room - Comfortably Seats 6 to 10
Master Bedroom with Queen Bed and Ensuite
Library on Landing
Sitting/Reading Area on Second Floor Landing
Third Bedroom with Queen Bed
A Boater's Paradise
Minutes from the Sea
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 08, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2.5 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.