Lakefront Lazy Bear Lodge- with Wifi: Newly Built 2013, Sleeps 16
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lake Nantahala cabin description
Lazy Bear Lodge, a newly built luxury lakefront cabin is nestled in the NC Mountains (at over 3000 foot of elevation) & embedded within the primitive Nantahala National Forest on the cleanest, most pristine lake east of the Rockies, Lake Nantahala. Over 4000 sq. ft. of living space, plus two levels of covered decks allows for making memories on a perfect family vacation, reunion, or even a retreat. Sleep peacefully in one of 4 bedrooms (4 bath), a 6 person bunk room or in the loft with up to 16 of your favorite people! Awaken to wilderness sounds, talk a morning stroll onto the private 26 X 20 dock or retreat to the screened porch. Be embraced by the enveloping Smokey Mountains as you wind down your evening by the fire pit, have dinner in the screened in porch or family time in the media room. A bar, shuffle board, & 60 inch movie screen awaits you! Two washer dryers are available for large groups and a double oven to accomodate large events. An actual front yard (rare in these parts) allows for outdoor games or children's play. A picnic table can be enjoyed on the covered deck and the incline to the lake is unusally non-strenuous for this area. The Are there hikers in your crew? The Appalachian Trail is a mile hike from our front door and that is only the beginning of what you may experience in the surrounding area
Lake Nantahala is conveniently located a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta, & 2 hours from Chattanooga, Asheville, and Knoxville. Knoxville Airport is closest.
Hiking, biking, great fishing in lake or rivers, boating, whitewater rafting, tubing, antique shopping, snow skiing or water skiing are only some of the activities to enjoy...the possibilities are endless .....
- 4200 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16, Beds for 16
- An additional queen pull out exists in the private loft area.
Bathrooms: 4 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dining Area Seats:
- Pantry Items
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Washing Machine:
- Towels Provided
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Game Room
- DVD Player
- Video Library
- Lawn / Garden
- Outdoor Grill
- Deck / Patio
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Mountain Biking
- Pier Fishing
- Hunting Small Game
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Fly Fishing
- Rock Climbing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Winery Tours
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Recreation Center
- Medical Services
- Hunting Big Game
- Freshwater Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Lake Nantahala is conveniently located a 2.5 hour drive from Atlanta, & 2 hours from Chattanooga, Asheville, and Knoxville. Knoxville Airport is closest. Hiking, biking, great fishing in lake or rivers, boating, whitewater rafting, tubing, antique shopping, snow skiing or water skiing are only some of the activities to enjoy...the possibilities are endless ..... Lake Nantahala has 3,800 surface acres and over 42 miles of shoreline, of which 97% is Nantahala National Forest. The Nantahala National Forest consists of 4 forests, the Pisgah, Nantahala, Uwharrie, and Croatan which all together make up 1.2 million acres. Nantahala National Forest consists of a hiker's paradise with over 1,300 miles of hiking trails, numerous waterfalls, more than 800 campsites, 490 picnic sites, 7 swimming beaches, 11 wilderness areas, numerous lakes, plus hundreds of miles of rivers and streams, including two nationally recognized wild and scenic rivers. Lake Nantahala has the 2nd highest surface elevation east of the Mississippi at 3,100 foot of elevation. Fisherman: Trout fishing, fly fishing or spin casting in the Nantahala River is excellent all season. The Nantahala was the host river for the 2011 USA National Fly Fishing Championships The river is located less than 10 minutes from away. (A North Carolina fishing license and Trout stamp is required.) Rafting: Nantahala Outdoor is less than 20 minutes from the Lodge & was voted by Good Morning America and National Geographic Adventure Magazine as the #1 family vacation spot in America for vacations with a splash. The Nantahala River will play host to the 2013 World Freestyle Kayaking Championships with athletes from over 50 Countries participating on September 2-8th is located about 30 minutes away. There are several nice loop trips where you can view peak season leave colors. The Smoky Mountain National Park eastern entrance and the Southern entrance by Cades Cove are both less than an hour away Close by attractions: • Wayah Bald, elevation 5,385 ft (approx. 15 minutes) • Smokey Mountain National Forest (approx. 30 minutes) • Clingmans Dome, the highest point in the Great Smokey Mountains at 6,643 ft of elevation and offers great views of the mountain and surrounding states (approx. 1 hr) • Mountain Water Scenic Byway, 61 miles winding through the Southern Appalachians Hardwood Forest, numerous waterfalls, lakes, and two river gorges (approx. 45 minutes) • Nantahala National Forest Surrounds the Entire Lake • Nantahala Outdoor Center Whitewater Rafting (approx. 20 minutes) • The Great Smokey Mountain Railroads (approx. 30 minutes) • Cherokee Harrah's Casino (approx. 30 minutes) • Bartram Trail (approx. 5 minutes) • Appalachian Trail (approx. 10 minutes) • The Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway, 649 miles of scenic roadway (approx. 30 minutes) • Ocoee Whitewater Rafting Center (approx. 45 minutes) • Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest (approx. 45 minutes) • Pisgah National Forest (approx. 30 minutes) • Numerous waterfalls...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We Loved Lazy Bear Lodge!
We Loved Lazy Bear Lodge!
Stayed at Lazy Bear in June 2013 and had a fabulous time. House was perfectly prepared for a “lazy week at the lodge”. Kitchen area had all the equipment necessary to prepare great meals. Screen porch was perfect to curl up on a couch and read a book or watch the sunset. Teenagers loved indoor game area where they played shuffleboard, board games and watched movies. Even got some fishing in here and there. Lake is very clean and not very busy - wonderful for water sports. Would highly recommend this vacation cabin!
- Guest Mac Group (North Aurora, IL)
- Date of stay 06/15/13
- Review Submitted 07/19/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
Exceptional Home, Amazing Experience
Exceptional Home, Amazing Experience
I had the pleasure of spending my 4th of July holiday at the brand new Lazy Bear Lodge. To start, the home is truly something special; built with a "log cabin" "lazy bear" theme the owners were meticulous when carrying this out. The attention to detail is tremendous, from the plates in the cabinet to the tree branch toilet paper holder the home constantly screams "Lazy Bear". Each bedroom is more than spacious, the kitchen is large and provides seating/eating space for the whole group. The living room areas on both floors provide plenty of comfort and space for all. The basement has an awesome wood bar and shuffle board table for all ages. Not to worry there is an abundant amount of fridge space for all needs. Technology wise the home features wifi, and two large flat screen TV's one on each floor, featuring every channel you could think of. Not that you want to be spending your time inside any how. The location of this home is also another perk, the house is set back in the woods off the busy roads of town. It is truly an escape from the normal, fast paced daily routine, which is something you will come to cherish during your stay. The two outdoor decks that wrap around the house are an awesome place to relax, kick back and enjoy the incredible view of the lake. Lazy Bear is set back in its own cove on the lake providing a very nice sense of privacy and serenity. The lake itself provides breathtaking views and plenty of different coves and areas to explore while tubing, skiing etc. There is a marina on the lake that is in very close proximity to the home, which provides boat rentals and everything else that you need to have a fun experience on the lake. The restaurant at the marina provides nice quality meals and boasts a 5-burger challenge which I hope to attempt on my return trip to the Lazy Bear! The photos featured do not do this place justice, it is something you need to see in person. Overall, the home is a MUST visit, you will feel your stresses and worries disappear when met with the warm embrace of the Lazy Bear.
- Guest Kev (Austin, TX)
- Date of stay 07/03/13
- Review Submitted 07/18/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing, families with young children, age 55+, families with teenagers, girls getaway.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
|High Lake Season
Apr 1 - Oct 31
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
- Cleaning Fee: $250
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $500
- Taxes Not included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Knoxville, TN at 73 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: We live in Atlanta but plan to spend as much time at the cabin as possible.
Why the Owner Chose Lake Nantahala:
We fell in love with this lake, the surrounding area and we feel you will do the same.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
Lazy Bear Lodge is uniquely built close to the waters edge to provide amazing views of Lake Nantahala in our own private cove
- Primary: + 770-845-5709
- Tertiary: 770-778-0290
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Handmade tree dining table also includes two 4 foot benches for end seating (10)
Bear's Den Master Bedroom has slider door to view lake
Crazy Horse Corral has direct lake view and deck access through slider door
The Moose Yard has large walk in closet with bench seating inside.
Paddler's Cove Room has slider doors with lake view on deck
Unique basement for games, 60' movie viewing, Shuffle board and a bar.
Great lake views as you play shuffle board or poker! Great picnic table on deck.
20 X 26 dock for fishing, boating, swimming, cathing rays. Chairs available
Set in cove with trees creating great privacy around home
Covered decks on two floors, with screened in porch overlooking mountain view
Screened in porch comfortably seats 6-7 and as great lake and mountain views
Loft sitting area also has work space with lake view and WIFI direct access
The Bear's Den has large vaulted ceiling and slider door access to deck seating
The Moose Yard has convenient individual light switches for night reading.
Unique bunk room will have 6 XL twin rustic bunk beds for August 1, 2013
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 31, 2013
5 Bedroom / 4 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.