Strike it Rich Panning Gold on Your Vacation in Paradise Right Here!
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:Contact manager
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
Lakehead house description
Book now for 2014 and get this years rates !
Special Fall Offers !
Call Nancy: 530 945 2484 (best) / 530 238 8568
ALSO PERFECT FOR HUNTERS... THE SEASON IS CLOSE.....SO IS YOUR TARGET....
BOOK NOW AND BE READY....
Imagine you and your family or friends in this beautiful and private all new custom-built spacious vacation home,surrounded by towering oak, firs, and pines, with a year-round shady creek on the property to relax and cool off in.
It's a secluded woodland paradise, luxurious yet rustic, and fully stocked with all the amenities to make your group feel welcome and at home, with plenty of activities, games and things to do. A breathtaking array of outdoor activities await you in the surrounding area, such as world-class boating, fishing, hiking, biking, or sightseeing, just to name a few, but you'll be having so much fun in the house and on the property and at the creek...you may not want to leave!
The house is carefully cleaned and personally prepared for your stay, and your comfort & fun is our goal. You will love it. Enjoy a quiet morning coffee or a lazy afternoon floating in the creek with Mother Nature. Bond with your family and friends in the peaceful surroundings and park-like setting. All just a short drive from I-5, the Sacramento River, and Lake Shasta!
The House by the Creek is the ideal place for a unique and fun family vacation or reunion, a special celebration... for gathering and relaxing with friends, or just an enjoyable, tranquil getaway.
There is simply nothing else like it...
- 1700 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Wheelchair Accessible:
- Events Allowed
- Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Lanai / Gazebo
- Outdoor Grill
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
Location & View
- Water View:
- Mountain View:
- Hunting Big Game
- Fly Fishing
- Jet Skiing
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Rock Climbing
- Basketball Court
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Climbing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Botanical Garden
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Paddle Boating
- Sight Seeing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- The house is located down a easily navigated canyon road right off I-5. The minute you start down the road to the house, all tension is gone and all your senses are awakened. You will smell the lush vegetation, hear the sound of the babbling creek and the music of the birds. There is an abundance of wildlife to see including deer, squirrels, chipmunks, foxes, bald eagles, osprey, hummingbirds, hawks, and much more. Perfect surroundings for writing a book, painting a picture, or just thinking. You will find plenty of information and maps at the house with personal insight into the must-see places and the must-do activities in the local area. Bring your ATV or any off road vehicle to explore even more. It is 30 min. north of Redding so for those of you who want to get away from the valley heat..... Come up with your friends or families and enjoy a few cooler days in the forest. Easy FWY access to head North to the Upper Sacramento River, Historical Dunsmuir, Castle Crags, Railroad Park (restaurant & resort), & Mt. Shasta. All within 45 min.from house. Head south to Caverns, Shasta Dam, Redding & Casino. If you want to venture further travel to McCloud, Trinity, Applegate Rivers. (approx. 90 min) Or visit the area's numerous wineries. The Klamath, Eel & Fall Rivers, Burney Falls, and many other lakes & creeks. Autumn visitors will experience the magnificent array of colors with warm afternoons and cool evenings. Winter visitors can downhill or cross country ski, snowmobile, or sled ride. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
House by the creek
House by the creek
Brand new, very accommodating and comfortable. Huge picture window captures a beautiful view of the mountains, while the outdoor picnic area captures the sounds of the creek. Home is filled with thoughtful extras, like an additional stove and grill in the outdoor picnic area, and equipment to pan for gold. The kitchen is equipped with ample pots, pans, dishes, silverware and cooking utensils, and even a breakfast bar which can substitute for a buffet. The comfortable, spacious living/dining area was a perfect place for our large family to visit together. The laundry room off the kitchen added to the efficiency of the home.
- Guest Nancy and Tom (Poughkeepsie, NY)
- Date of stay 08/16/13
- Review Submitted 08/29/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
Manager response: We would like to thank Nancy and Tom for taking the time to send in this review. We are very happy with with how they felt about their visit. This is our first year of operation and feedback is very important to us. We strive hard to make our guests as comfortable as possible and want them to have a wonderful memorable stay.
A week of pure enjoyment, relaxation, and bonding
A week of pure enjoyment, relaxation, and bonding
My husband and I, along with two other couples stayed at this beautiful house on the most amazing creek. (not sure why they call it a creek, its more like a small river) The six of us have been friends for a long time and have gone many places together....But never anyplace as special as this. The beauty, the fresh air, the sounds, and the privacy was more than we could have wished for. We had so much fun relaxing by the creek and hanging out on the BBQ porch laughing and catching up, that no one wanted to leave to make the 10 min. drive for more refreshments. The house had everything else we needed and much more. We can not wait to go back.
- Guest peanut (Mill Valley CA)
- Date of stay 07/04/13
- Review Submitted 07/12/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, people with disabilities, families with teenagers, age 55+, families with young children, sightseeing, adventure seekers, girls getaway.
SUMMER RATES: $2400.00 per week ---SAT. - SAT. JUNE - AUG. (EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS) MAY & SEPT. $350.00 PER NIGHT ----3 NIGHT MIN. (EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS) OFF SEASON (OCT. - APRIL) RATES: $1900.00 per week - $295.00 per night 3night min. (EXCLUDING HOLIDAYS) HOLIDAYS (MEMORIAL, 4TH OF JULY, LABOR DAY, THANKSGIVING, CHRISTMAS, & NEW YEARS RATES: $2800.00 PER WEEK -- $425.00 PER NIGHT-- 3 NIGHT MIN. ******ATTENTION HUNTERS & FISHERMAN***** THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO STAY AND COME BACK TO AFTER THE DAY IN THE WOODS OR ON THE LAKE.
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the manager for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Redding Municipal at 35 Miles
- Nearest Train: Dunsmuir at 25 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Basshole at 6 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Shasta Board & Ski Park at 25 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Mt. Shasta Resort at 25 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Club Klondike at 4 Miles
Gather with friends & Family.. Return to comfort after hunting/fishing the area.
Comfy seating in the Living Room (check out the bear table!)
A modern, convenient, and well-equipped kitchen awaits your group...
The second bedroom with it's own handicap access and bathroom
Master bath with wheelchair access and safety bars.
Computer area or work desk.
Outdoor BBQ Station with wet bar.
Fire pit w/plenty of wood provided.
View to creek. Property is completely fenced in.
Gold panning tools provided. Take home any nuggets you find!
Relax the day away! Surrender to the quiet sound of the cool clear water.
The spacious and inviting open floor plan for the living room and dining area.
Entertainment center w/direct TV & all the movie channels.
The master bedroom with queen bed.
Full bathroom with tub.
Some games for your enjoyment.
Some happy guests!
Screened gazebo with heavy-duty custom built picnic table.
Everybody loves playing bags!
This photo shows the access route from the house(in upper right) to the creek.
Foot bridge across creek. Table, chairs, and charcoal grill. Creek side dinning.
Parking w/RV, camping spots and play area. Hoops & Horseshoe
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, October 17, 2013