Escape to Your Own Mountain Paradise!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Lake Santeetlah house description
Water’s Edge Lodge is the perfect mountain home for all seasons. The high ceilings, well appointed interiors, a spectacular lakeside living room and chef's kitchen make for a wonderful place to retreat after a day of fun in the sun. This lakefront getaway offers incredible views of the lake and mountains while providing luxurious, private accommodations.
This stunning 3 bedroom, 3 bath home has a romantic elegant master king suite, lovely sitting area with a spacious bathroom. Enjoy the comfort and privacy of the other two bedrooms, each with easy access to full baths.
One can appreciate the breathtaking views from the floor to ceiling windows while gathered together in the spacious great room with granite and stainless gourmet kitchen. The comfortable great room has ample seating around the fireplace and the dining room has panoramic lake views. Families and friends love the option the second living lakefront living area and full functional kitchen offers.
Enjoy the great outdoors from the oversize deck while sunbathing or dining al fresco. This home is designed for those who want to spend days swimming, boating, fishing, kayaking, or water skiing from the private dock. The gazebo provides for the perfect spot to watch a sunset and listen to the crickets.
Water’s Edge Lodge is conveniently located just minutes to shops and the marinas, hiking in Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest or up to Yellow Creek Falls. This wonderful retreat on the crystal blue waters of Lake Santeetlah is a glorious place to create unforgettable vacation memories.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Non Smoking Only:
- Pets Considered:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Washing Machine:
- Linens Provided:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
Known for its stunning views and clear-running streams, the Snowbird Mountains section of the Nantahala Forest in North Carolina is a magnet for hikers, anglers and others who love the outdoors....moreless
- Whitewater Rafting
- Hunting Small Game
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Biking
- Water Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Eco Tourism
- Gambling Casinos
- Paddle Boating
- Fly Fishing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Have you memories of a shimmering lake, crisp earth, twinkling stars, and sweet smells of a campfire? They will be revitalized with a visit to Lake Santeetlah. Nestled in the Smokey Mountains of Western North Carolina and surrounded by the Nantahala National Forest, Lake Santeetlah is an unspoiled treasure. With over seventy miles of protected shoreline, Lake Santeetlah's 3,000 acres are a serene reminder of the beauty nature has to offer. A shining example of conservation and stewardship, Lake Santeetlah will remain shielded from the intrusive world for generations to come. Offering year round high levels of refreshing mountain water, due to stringent governmental licensing, Lake Santeetlah provides an ideal place to swim, canoe, kayak, and fish or the perfect backdrop to do nothing at all. A walk through Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest is a journey back in time through a magnificent forest with towering trees as old as 400 years. Some enormous yellow-poplars are over 20 feet in circumference and stand 100 feet tall. The floor is carpeted with a garden of wildflowers, ferns, and moss-covered logs from fallen giants. The only way to see the impressive memorial forest is on foot. The figure-eight Joyce Kilmer National Recreation Trail covers 2 miles and has two loops: the 1¼-mile lower loop passes the Joyce Kilmer Memorial plaque, and the upper ¾-mile loop swings through Poplar Cove, a grove of the largest trees. The trailhead parking area has a flush toilet and picnic tables. No camping or overnight parking is allowed. The memorial forest is beautiful in all seasons. Many wildflower show off their blooms in the spring before tree leaves open and shade the forest floor. Summer is wet, green, and lush -- a time when the forest is noticeably cooler than the parking area. Fall signals the gradual color change from greens to red, orange, yellow, and maroon. Then the leaves fall revealing the 'bones' of the mountains. This 11 mile stretch of Hwy 129 serves as the International meeting place for cycle enthusist. With more than 318 curves, multiple switchbacks, hills, accentuating some of the most beautiful views this side of Saturn, you're assured of a wonderful time whether you're in a car or a motorcycle. Another riding road is the Cherohala Skyway - Visit in the fall when vibrant vermillion, golden, and orange leaves drape the trees surrounding the Skyway. Or plan a leisurely summer road trip, leaving plenty of time for picnics, hikes, fishing or many of the other activities available on the Cherohala Skyway. With hundreds of miles of hiking trails traversing the national forests, you're bound to find a favorite. Botany lovers will want to whip out their sketchbooks to capture in ink some of the 2,000 native plant species that thrive around the Cherohala Skyway. Catch your breath by pausing to admire the wildflowers sprinkled throughout the landscape in the spring. You can find out why Nantahala National Forest means land of the noonday sun or the Cherokee National Forest is sometimes seen as 'Land of the Waterfalls'. Cheoah River Whitewater Rafting offers some awesome whitewater adventures on this world class river. This Class 4 rapids river will test your paddling skills and you will be guaranteed to get wet. Adventures on this river make life long memories for your family. The highest dam in the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) system, Fontana Dam ranks among the most beautiful in the world. Surrounded by the extraordinary beauty of the Smoky Mountains, the adjacent national forests, and deep river gorges. South of the Smokies on the Appalachian Trail are the long climbs of the Stecoah-Cheoah Mountain area, then the outstanding Nantahala section, with 4,000-foot gaps and 5,000-foot peaks. Cheoah Bald offers panoramic views of western North Carolina. Like much of the A.T. in the deep South, you have a feeling of remoteness, and a sensation of being in deep forests. The variety of forest growth and the beauty of the flowering shrubs, along with the many spectacular views, make this entire section of Trail memorable. The section from the Nantahala River to the Georgia border features the best-graded trail at high elevations anywhere in the Deep South, with a couple of short exceptions. Cherokee history runs deep in these hills. Soldiers, acting under orders from President Andrew Jackson to remove all the Cherokee to Oklahoma, told Indians living in what was known as the Cheoah Valley to gather at a stockade on what is now known as Fort Hill in Robbinsville. A visit to the Junaluska Museum is a must. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
The rental is Saturday to Saturday. 3 night minimum is based on availability, not offered during holiday/peak times. Prices Vary on Number of Guests & Seasonal Rates. Sales & Accommodation Tax is 9.75% and there is a $150 cleaning fee.
- Taxes Not included
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: McGhee Tyson Airport, Knoxville, TN at 55 Miles
- Nearest Train: Great Smoky Mountain Railroad, Bryson City, NC at 36 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: US 129 - Tail of the Dragon at 14 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cheoah Point Beach, Robbinsville, NC at 1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Fontana Village, NC at 20 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Gatlinburg Skiing and Snowboarding, Gatlinburg, TN at 70 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Cherokee Hill Golf Club, Murphy, NC at 45 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: El Pacifico Mexican, 429 Rodney Orr Bypass at 6.5 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Born on a farm on the outskirts of town, lifelong Robbinsville resident, I am very proud of my hometown. While I spent many years as an educator, I tried to instill in my students the importance of dedication to community and appreciation of this area’s natural beauty. I am committed to a standard of excellence, and look forward to helping people find the vacation home of their dreams.
Why the Owner Chose Lake Santeetlah:
My family has owned property on Lake Santeetlah for over 50 years. Multiple generations have spent every summer since “on the lake”. Alot of the children grew up and moved away but continue to return each summer with the great-grandchildren. This is a place of such love and solid memories for our family. So dear to our hearts are the memories of the ladies of the family, after cooking an amazing meal, gathering to “catch up” on all the happenings. They would sit and watch the sun set over the lake while the kids took the last swim of the day. And the men either played cards or prepared to go out for the night, to fish. My son and granddaughter continue on with the memory building; eating ice cream as the day ends, jumping off the dock, fishing for “sunnies”, jet skiing, and catching fireflies! I am so grateful for Lake Santeetlah and the simple summer days where my family has learned so much about life and nature!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Our favorite time of the day is sitting on the deck watching the colors of the sunset play on the lake while listening to the ducks chatter about their day's activities. And as we sit there, we notice that our cares of the day have slipped away.
- Primary: 828-479-3991
- Secondary: 828-735-0924
Links to more information:
New Deck overlooking Lake Santeetlah and the Snowbird Mountains.
Open concept living, vaulted ceiling and fan as well as plenty of mountain charm
Dining area is designed for intimate meals as well as gracious get togethers
Fully equipped with modern amenities including high speed internet & flat screen
First floor Master Suite with sitting area, ensuite bath and plenty of closets.
Cozy and beautifully decorated bedroom, private bath - don't you love the bears?
2nd Level Great Room with futons for extra accommodations - access to lower deck
2nd Kitchen on lower level. Fully appointed for those who need additional space
Cosy 2nd Master suite with bath, ample closets and privacy. Wake up to lakeview
Views of the private dock and Snowbird Mountain range...aaah, the sunsets!
Can you imagine enjoying a wonderul meal under the stars, overlooking the lake?
Inviting beautifully appointed Great Room with fireplace and dramatic views.
Easy access formal entry that opens to Great Room, Dining and Kitchen.
Stainless and granite everwhere! High end finishes makes cooking easy.
Entrance to main level Master bedroom and gracious staircase to 2nd level.
First floor Master Bath, spcious & well appointed includes lovely fluffy towels.
Guest bath with easy access for the first floor, and bedroom.
2nd floor has open concept, lovely wood ceilings, dining area and full kitchen
2nd Floor tiled Dining area or perfect gaming area! Can't you imagine the fun?
2nd level bathroom with decorator touches throughout.
Lovely spot on new deck to read a book, sunbath and just relax.
One of the most desirable views on Lake Santeetlah, perfect sunsets.
Covered parking area for car & storage for lake toys, don't forget to bring toys
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 12, 2013
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.