Sweet Stay in Chocolate Town
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:Yes
St. Stephen house description
This remodelled 1797 property has all the charm of a eighteenth century home with all the amenities of today's living. Three bedrooms and two baths, a spacious kitchen and dining room, with a sitting room and the Big Room for all of your relaxing needs.
- 1100 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Non Smoking Only
- Events Allowed
Bedrooms: 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12, Beds for 6-12
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Spacious and fully appointed, decorated with beautiful pottery found in the shed, created by the previous owners. A testament to the enduring legacy we leave in the properties where we live and love....moreless
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Wood Stove:
- Linens Provided:
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Local Garden-fresh organic veggies are available by order in season, ask your House Manager Alma for any special baked goods or local meat or eggs you might require! A personal Chef is available by special order as well, for that decadent four course meal or that big family get together! If you have a need, we can meet it! Your House Manager Alma can set you up with local attractions, babysitting, or tips on local geocaching! ...moreless
- Game Room
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Mountain Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Deepsea Fishing
- Fitness Center
- Water Skiing
- Cross Country Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Eco Tourism
- Duty Free Shops
- Recreation Center
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Whale Watching
- Sight Seeing
- Like a box of chocolates, St. Stephen promises a sweet variety of things to do. Canada's Chocolate Town is home to Canada's oldest candy company; Ganong Bros Limited, established in 1873, is still a key employer in town. While there aren't any rivers of chocolate or mountains of cocoa, St. Stephen's should be on any chocolate lover's bucket list for its annual Chocolate Festival and Chocolate Museum that exhibits Ganong's role in shaping North America's candy market. But St. Stephen isn't just for those with a sweet tooth. Divided by the St. Croix River in New Brunswick's southwest corner, St. Stephen shares its international border with Calais, Maine, United States. Each year the friendship between the two towns is celebrated by the International Homecoming Festival. The intriguing history of this Loyalist settlement is documented at the Charlotte County Museum and is situated within a house that was built in 1864. Built that same year, the Christ Church Anglican Church represents Gothic-style architecture and is open today for regular service. New Brunswick is famous with bridge spotters the world over for its historic covered bridges, and several of these surround St. Stephen. The Fundy Coastal Drive ends in St. Stephen from Sackville and promises a scenic route with cliff views and record-breaking high tides at Hopewell Rocks. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
2 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 14 nights or more: C$60 Nightly - Weekend Nights excluded
Oct 15 - Jun 15
1 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 2 nights or more: C$90 Nightly; 3 nights or more: C$55 Nightly
Jul 23 - Aug 14
3 night min stay
Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 4 nights or more: C$110 Nightly
|Open House Day Rentals
Aug 12 - Feb 27, 2014
200 night min stay
- Refundable Damage Deposit: C$150
- Pet Fee: C$150 + tax
- Tax Rate 12%
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Saint John Airport (YSJ) at 135 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Digby Ferry, Saint John at 111 Kilometres
- Nearest Train: McAdam Train Station http://mcadamstation.ca/ at 36 Kilometres
- Nearest Motorway: Highway 1 http://www.gnb.ca/0113/route1/ at 4.6 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Hanson's Cove, Mohannes, NB at 11.4 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: http://www.doolys.ca/ Dooly's Pool Hall at 2.6 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: http://www.crabbemountain.com/ Crabbe Mountain at 140 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: http://stgeorgegolfclub.ca/st-stephen-golf-club/ at 2.3 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: McNays Diner at 3.1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2004
About the owner: Fascinated by the local history of the property, we purchased it in 2004 as a second family home. The walls have rung with the laughter of our children, and as we all grow older, the property has room to share more happy moments with your family. We are Olive, a Planner in the Oil Sands, and Stacey, a retired mine supervisor, both with extended family here in the local area.
Why the Owner Chose St. Stephen:
Part of our dream is to share the property's lineage with photos and documents, and you will find much evidence of the life the property has lived on site, from a local `Strawberries for Sale`sign to the early skis found decorating the parlour. Bookcases crowded full of local information and bestsellers as well as puzzles and games will help you fill the quiet moments in your day. A rainy day in the Big Room can be as fun as a sunny one out on the town!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
Decorated and appointed as a family home, with a unique flagstone patio screened with shrubbery, you can have BBQs out front just like at home. The Ledge outcrops on the upper side of the property offer a unique peek into the geology of the area, and the Spring running through the cellar is a testament to the days before we had running water in our homes.
- Primary: +1 5064690032 Anytime - leave a message!
- Secondary: +1 5064662703 You may leave a message!
- Tertiary: +1 2508300710
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Vintage Canadian Dining
Shade trees on the edge of the lawn.
Firefighters having a wet time at the local International Festival!
International Festival Parade
Ledge Road from the street.
A view of King Street businesses at the turn of the Century
The owners (L) and friends on a vacation to another gorgeous rental property.
Touch tank at the nearby St. Andrews Aquarium
Oh noes!!! International Festival fun!
Local skating rink a few years ago
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, July 17, 2013
4 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.