Smallest Big Log Cabin on Canyon Ferry Lake
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Helena cabin description
This cabin is cozy, but the logs are big - Just 5 make up a whole wall. Perfect rented alone, but also just right when rented with #423121 and/or #426916, which are on the same property. If you're having a family gathering and want that bit of privacy, this is the lodging for you. Or for a great romantic get-away. Cooking options are limited to a microwave, and outdoor grill, but who wants to cook while on vacation? If you're renting along with one of our other log houses, they have large enough kitchens for all of you! The shower is amazing - round and constructed of stone. The living/bedroom is 12'x13' and the bathroom/closet area is 14'x12'.
Special rates available when rented along with #423121 or #426916.
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. and check-out time is 10:00 a.m.
- 324 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Pets Not Allowed
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
- This is a studio cabin, with combined bedroom/living/kitchenette.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- 1 large bathroom, stone built, shower, toilet and lavatory.
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Ice Skating
- Freshwater Fishing
- Miniature Golf
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Cross Country Skiing
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Water Parks
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Canyon Ferry Lake is just 17 miles from Helena, Montana, the state capital. There are recreational facilities at your doorstep, including boat rental, 2 marinas, several restaurants and a 9-hole golf course. Several other 18-hole golf courses nearby. The cabin is just feet from the lake, and you will enjoy views of the water and wildlife from the large decks. Helena is the capital of Montana with many cultural and historic sights. Local live theater, and many restaurants. Lewis & Clark Caverns, Yellowstone National Park, and Glacier National are all within 2-2.5 hours scenic drive....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
great space for 1 or 2 people
great space for 1 or 2 people
I loved this little cabin! While the rest of my group stayed in the bigger house on the property, I had this great space all to myself! There is a good-sized bedroom with a small table, a desk, and a little "kitchen" area with a coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave and toaster. The bathroom is huge, with a closet/dresser area, and a huge rock shower. I enjoyed my quiet mornings watching the sunrise with my cup of coffee, enjoying the view of the lake, before joining the rest of my group at the bigger house. I recommend visiting the Helena farmer's market on Saturday morning (in the summer), and don't miss the Lewis & Clark Caverns - about an hour drive, but worth it! Carroll and Nancy (the owners) were super nice, and happy to make recommendations to us. I wish I could have stayed longer!
- Guest Laurie (Denver, CO)
- Date of stay 06/26/13
- Review Submitted 07/03/13
Recommended for: Romantic getaway, sightseeing, age 55+.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Contact owner for rates for short stays. Special rates available when rented with #423121 or #426916.
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $300
- Tax Rate 7%
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Helena Regional Airport at 17 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy. 284 at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Lakeshore at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Yacht Basin Bar & Restaurant at 0.2 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Great Divide Ski Area at 38 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Norwegian Woods at 4.2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Yacht Basin Bar & Restaurant at 0.2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: Carroll operates 2 restaurants, and Nancy is retired from General Motors. We love living in Montana, not far from our 3 vacation rental properties.
Why the Owner Chose Helena:
We bought this home because it was so charming, had it moved to its present site, and added the huge stone shower room. We have guests who enjoy its intimacy and beautiful views, and others who rent it in conjunction with #423121 and/or #426916, for larger gatherings.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
We never tire of the lake views, and watching all the activity, including all types of boating. Wildlife in the area adds to the Montana experience. You will enjoy sitting on the private patio and watching the lake activity.
- Primary: 406-475-3863
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Little cabin, big logs
Kid play cabin and boat swing
View from the deck
Yacht Basin Marina - a walk away
Sunday sailboat races
Twisted juniper and stone shower
Just right for 2.
Patio fireplace and front of cabin
Storm coming in
Looking across the lake
View from the front
Entrance to shower
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, November 12, 2013
0 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.