A Cozy, Homey Cottage, Just Steps from the Beach.
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Ormond Beach house description
This quaint, cozy 2 bed/1 bath beach cottage sleeps 5-7 people and is the perfect get away for two couples or a small family. You must see the pictures to appreciate our sweet home. The master bedroom has a queen bed with a plush mattress, while the second bedroom has a twin over full bunk bed. The kitchen is stocked with everything you will need for a relaxing vacation. You can cook if you want, or go visit the many restaurants that are very close. There is a wonderful, bright Florida room at the back of the house - perfect for that morning cup of coffee and a great book. The family room has a 47 inch flat screen HDTV with too many channels to mention. There is also a Blueray player and a DVR for the shows you just can't miss. We are equipped with high speed internet as well. The couch in that room also pulls out to make another queen size bed. The beach is just a block from our front door. You can sit on the front porch and listen to the waves after a long day enjoying the many attractions nearby. Tom Renick park is a few blocks north of us, which provides a beautiful place to camp out at the beach for the day. There are clean bathrooms, showers and even a play structure for the children, if you can ever tear them away from playing in the sand and the waves. Come and make our home your home for a vacation you will always remember.
- 900 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome
- Pets Considered
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7, Beds for 5-7
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Child's Highchair
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- DVD Player
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Center
- Water Skiing
- Deepsea Fishing
- Pier Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Medical Services
- Water Parks
- Theme Parks
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Paddle Boating
- Miniature Golf
- Orlando Attractions and the Magic Kingdom: If you’re up for adventure, there are plenty of attractions awaiting in Orlando about an hour and a half away. There you can find several Disney attractions, including the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom. Other Orlando attractions include The Orlando Science Center, Wonder Works children's museum, SeaWorld, LegoLand, Arabian Knights Dinner Theater and Universal Studios Florida to name a few. In need of some retail therapy? Orlando is home to unique boutiques and several malls including the upscale Florida Mall and Downtown Disney area. For waterpark fun, try slipping and sliding at Orlando's Wet-n-Wild theme park or swimming with the dolphins at SeaWorld's Discovery Cove. Interested in History? Visit the oldest continuously inhabited city in the United States – St. Augustine. It’s less than an hour’s drive north of the cottage. Explore the Spanish fort, Castillo de San Marcos whose construction began in 1672 and is complete with cannons, and dungeons! Or, walk down St. George Street where quaint shops and cafes line the cobblestone streets. Historic landmarks are found along the way. You’ll find unique shops – everything from original art, jewelry, souvenir shops, fudge and ice cream! You can even take an after-dark ghost walk or ride a pirate ship! St. Augustine is also home to the Alligator Farm Zoological Park, the Fountain of Youth Archeological Park, Ripley’s Believe It or Not Museum, and the St. Augustine lighthouse. Another historic option is even closer. Fort Matanzas, a historic fort which guarded the southern flank of St. Augustine is only ½ hour north of the cottage. Space and Science: The Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral is 51 miles to the south. Want to see history in action? Plan your visit around a launch from Kennedy Space Center/Cape Canaveral. The Space Center visitor experience showcases the history of travel into space. It’s great for kids of all ages! If you want more, the Astronaut Hall of Fame, Valiant Air Command Warbird Museum, and U.S. Space Walk of Fame are also right on the Space Coast. Drive a little further south to Cocoa Beach and visit Ron Jon’s Surf Shop, a favorite local area attraction, or visit the animals at the Brevard County Zoo. Speed Capital of the World: Maybe you’re coming into town for one of Daytona Beach’s big events. It’s not called the Speed Capital of the World for nothing! Daytona Beach is home to Biketoberfest, Bike Week, and Race Week at Daytona International Speedway. But that’s not all Daytona’s got to offer. While you’re here check out the Daytona Museum of Arts & Sciences, Congo River Golf Adventure, airboat rides & helicopter rides or the colorful Ocean Walk Shoppes & Theatre right on the Atlantic Ocean! Looking for souvenir shops or dining? Daytona is just a stone’s throw away and has many mainstream as well as mom & pop restaurants… everything from casual to fine dining. Or, perhaps you're feeling lucky while in town... try your hand at poker in Daytona Beach Kennel Club & Poker Room. Stay with us! So come & stay with us. We’re not far from the excitement of all that Central Florida has to offer. Be an adventurer by day and come home to relax in the quiet of Ormond-by-the-Sea. Or, avoid the crowds all together and spend a relaxing holiday enjoying the peace and tranquility of the sea and all it has to offer. We’d love to share our little slice of heaven with you! ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We spent a nice week at this very confortable house. We enjoyed the facilities. The neighborhood is quiet not far from the beach and we could find at a walking distance what we needed. If I ever go back in Ormond Beach I would love to rent this cozy house again. Thank you Meg for all the info you sent me it described perfectly your property..
- Guest Monique and Jacques (Rigaud Qu?bec)
- Date of stay 11/03/13
- Review Submitted 11/12/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway.
My family and I really enjoyed staying at this cottage. It was warm and inviting. It is very nicely decorated and everything is in great working order. It is very close to the beach. We will definitely return to this place.
- Guest Kaki (Jacksonville, FL)
- Date of stay 09/07/13
- Review Submitted 09/21/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with young children, people with disabilities, girls getaway.
Perfect Vacation in A Perfect Cottage
Perfect Vacation in A Perfect Cottage
We just got back from our stay in this adorable cottage just a few steps from the beach, and we miss it already! The house had everything we needed for our weeks vacation, including beach chairs and rafts for the kids. It was clean, bright, pleasant, and well maintained, and walking distance to an awesome pizza place, ice cream shop and grocery store. We are going to book it for next fall break!
- Guest Aubrey (Georgia)
- Date of stay 09/13/13
- Review Submitted 09/18/13
Recommended for: Families with teenagers, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with young children, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
Home Away From Home!
Home Away From Home!
My family had a wonderful time here. It was even better than the pictures! Very good location. Close to everything. Our dog loved the back yard. We can't wait to come back again. Everything you need is right there. We all had a very nice relaxing time in your home. Thank you for sharing. So much better than a hotel. We are trying to figure out when we can come back.
- Guest Sherri J.
- Date of stay 08/04/13
- Review Submitted 08/13/13
Recommended for: Adventure seekers, sightseeing, age 55+, romantic getaway, pet owners, families with young children, people with disabilities, girls getaway, tourists without a car.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
|Daytona 500 (Feb.23, 2014)
Feb 21 - Mar 2, 2014
10 night min stay
|Bike Week (10 day stay)
Mar 7 - Mar 16, 2014
10 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
$225 reservation deposit is due up front. Remaining balance due in full 30 days prior to arrival. Visa and MasterCard accepted.
Additional Fees and Taxes:
State and County taxes are 12.5%.
Cleaning Fee - $70
Non-refundable pet fee - $75
Damage Waiver - $25
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Year Purchased: 2013
About: We are a beach loving family that make our current home in the Atlanta, GA area. Growing up in South Florida instilled in us a love for the sand and waves. We knew we would always make it back down to sunny Florida someday. We have 3 young boys who also share our love for surfing and sailing. This cozy cottage is our home away from home....
- Primary: 4043044903
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Florida room - perfect for that morning coffee and a good book.
Family Room with 47 inch HDTV
Master Bedroom with comfy pillow top mattress.
Second bedroom with twin over full bunk bed.
Fully stocked kitchen with breakfast nook.
Kitchen with breakfast nook.
Two car garage - perfect for motorcycles, surfboards and cars!
View from the front porch.
Full bath with tub/shower combo.
Family Room with queen sleeper sofa
Second bedroom with twin over full bunk bed
Recently remodeled kitchen.
Dining room - comfortable seating for 6+
My 3 Suns
Back deck with large fenced in back yard.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, September 18, 2013
2 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.