Family-Friendly Tropical Hideaway. Everything You Need to Relax, Enjoy Hawaii!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:6 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Hawaii Kai house description
Sleeps 8, 3-Bedroom, 2 1/2-bath home in quiet Hawaii Kai neighborhood. Split master with double sink, private shower and large jacuzzi tub, walk-in closet. Fully furnished with double bed in the Master and one queen in each of the other two bedrooms. Additional sleeping space for two adults or several children on a queen-size punee in the family room. Fully equipped kitchen with all the comforts of home. Lime tree, papayas and flowers galore.
- 2000 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8, Beds for 6-8
- Large split master with sliding glass door to garden and mountain views. Private bath with shower and jacuzzi tub, walk-in closet and double sinks. Very comfortable room, with TV and DVD player. The room is large enough to add a port-a-crib if you have one for baby or even a full-size crib if you would like to use ours. The other two bedrooms share a bathroom with tub and shower in one. Very comfortable, pretty rooms with double closets and dressers....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, 1 Half Bathroom
- The master toilet is closeted for privacy.
Kitchen & Dining
Dining area just off the kitchen. Table has six chairs and three more can sit at the counter. We also have a small children's table with two chairs for additional children and highchair in garage....moreless
- Pantry Items:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Child's Highchair
- Linens Provided:
- Towels Provided:
- Iron & Board
- Washing Machine
- Clothes Dryer
- You will love the original art pieces scattered throughout this home--watercolors, oils and acrylics. Phyllis, the owner, lives here when she's not renting to you, so she has left many personal touches for you to enjoy in her absence. There is no air conditioning or heating in this home, so if you are the type who avoids open windows and balmy breezes, this may not be the place for you. But we have plenty of ceiling and other type fans for each room on the occasional days that are warm, and blankets for the cool days in the winter....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable:
- Lawn / Garden:
Location & View
- Golf Course View:
- Mountain View:
- Water Tubing
- Mountain Climbing
- Medical Services
- Rock Climbing
- Water Skiing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Deepsea Fishing
- Massage Therapist
- Recreation Center
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Bird Watching
- Wildlife Viewing
- Outlet Shopping
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- House is in high-end neighborhood, perfectly situated on large corner lot with awesome gardens. Walking distance to popular Sandy Beach and its tide pools, where you can search for shells and beach glass, or ride some of the best waves for body surfing on the island. Surrounded by golf course, mountains and ocean. Close to several restaurants, theaters, shopping, drug stores, Cosco for economical food shopping, water sports, hiking and more! You can snorkel at breathtaking Hanauma Bay where Blue Hawaii was filmed, as well as swim with the turtles at 'Eternity' Beach where the famous love scene in From Here to Eternity was filmed. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Very Nice Stay!
Very Nice Stay!
I rented this property while my mother was recuperating from a hospital stay. It was the perfect house. It is large enough to allow for space for everyone. The owner was a joy and very helpful about places to visit. Make sure to leave the screen doors closed as Hawaii has LARGE centipedes. I would highly recommend this property. It is located within a couple of miles of several really nice beaches. It is also about 3 miles from the shopping centers and COSTCO (the cheapest place in Hawaii). Nice quiet spot.
- Guest Anita G. (Huntsville, AL)
- Date of stay 11/17/13
- Review Submitted 11/27/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
A lovely house in an excellent location
A lovely house in an excellent location
We loved this house. Very spacious, well kept and comfortable. Quiet, upscale neighborhood. Beautiful garden. The owners are lovely people, as are the neighbors. It is close to the beach but you will want a car as it is very suburban. Center city Honolulu is about a 25 minute drive. Hanaoma bay and koko crater are right nearby. Ideal for a family with children (such as ours). We would definitely stay there again.
- Guest Phil (New Hampshire, USA)
- Date of stay 08/10/13
- Review Submitted 09/20/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, families with young children, families with teenagers, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
6 night min stay
Discounts: 10 nights or more: $325 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
$1000 to hold the reservation and becomes refundable security deposit. Cancellation fee is $500 if canceling within 30 days.
Fees and Rental Conditions:
- Cleaning Fee: $300
- Pet Fee: $100
- Property Damage Protection: $49
- Tax Rate 13.75%
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Honolulu International at 19 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Kalanianaole Hwy at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Sandy Beach at 1 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Hawaii Kai Golf Course at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Thai Valley Cuisine at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: Retired Grammy wanting to share her beautiful Hawaii with you! Homeowner is friendly, knows every nook and cranny of the island and can point you in any direction you wish to go. Born and raised in Jamaica, she retired here in Hawaii after an amazing journey through life, which she will share with you if you ask--it will amaze you! While she lets you enjoy her home all to yourself, she will be happy to talk with you at length about her beautiful Hawaii, if you are so inclined.
Why the Owner Chose Hawaii Kai:
Lovely, quiet family neighborhood, tropical breezes, beautiful mountain, golf, ocean views, short walk to the beautiful Koko Head Botanical Gardens, where every type of Plumeria tree is on parade, gardening to her heart's content, yet close to shopping and easy to get into town. These are the reasons this place was the one for her.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
You'll love the corner lot with its space for children to run and play, its beautiful, tropical gardens (which Grammy will come by from time to time to water on a regular basis so you don't lose your blooms), and so close to everything you'd like to see or do. This is the best location you will find at this price.
- Primary: +1 7083344484 Central Daylight Time
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Front of home
Comfort on the patio
Your Patio with mountain view
view from master bedroom
2nd Bedroom with Queen bed
Family Room Punee
Sunset over back fence
Waves at Sandy Beach
Front corner of home
Rope swing on patio
spacious back yard
Master bedroom with double bed
Bedroom 3 with queen bed
Sandy Beach. Short walk takes you here!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Friday, November 15, 2013
Get a rental quote, then book it!