On the Banks of the Suwanee River in White Springs, Florida
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:1-2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Suwannee River cottage description
Special: Stay 2 nights and get the 3rd night Free! See Below!
Accommodations: Two cottages available with each having 1 Bedroom + Convertible Bed (Sleeps 2-4 adults), full Bath and kitchen.
Enjoy the tranquil beauty of the river with canoeing, kayaking, fishing, or biking the many bike trails. Build a campfire on the river when it permits which is less than 50 feet from your door, enjoy the many festivals of the Florida State parks, Spirit of the Suwanee, and the beauty and charm of White Springs.
“Rock Island House” private rental cottages (adults only; and is not handicap accessible). Located one mile from White Springs and located three mile from I-75 (CR 136) exit 439, and 10 miles from I-10, exit 301 (US 41 N.)
Cottages are on the banks of the Suwanee River with direct access to the river, walking distance or short driving distance to the many “Nature, Heritage, and Outdoor Recreation Opportunities:”
• Florida Trail, White Springs, ¼ mile
• State of Florida Nature and Heritage Tourism Center, White Springs, ¼ mile
• Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park, White Springs, ½ mile
• Suwanee Bike Association, White Springs, ¼ mile
• Florida Big Shoals State Park, White Springs, 5 miles
• Falling Creek Falls, Columbia County, 10 miles
• Spirit of the Suwanee Music Park, Live Oak, 15 miles
• Lake City, 15 miles with restaurants, shopping mall, bowling, and movie theaters
• Olustee Battlefield Historic State Park and Ocean Pond, Olustee, 20 miles
• Ichetucknee Springs State Park, Ft. White, 30 miles
• Suwanee Valley Resort, White Springs, 300 yards
Call or e-mail owners directly to confirm reservations details.
Call Us: cell: (386) 234-0461, home: (386) 397-1311, or
- 500 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 2-4
- Each cottage has a clothes closet, dresser, and radio/alarm clock.
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- Full bath
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Towels Provided:
- Air Conditioning:
- Kayak / Canoe:
- Lawn / Garden:
- Sports & Activities
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Sight Seeing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Bird Watching
- Eco Tourism
- Location: On the Banks of the Suwanee River, Whites Springs, North East, Florida Located one mile from White Springs and located three miles from I-75 (CR 136) exit 439, and ten miles from I-10, exit 301 (US 41 N) Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park Events to enjoy while you stay with us • Festival of Lights - Dec 6 - Jan 3 • Stephen Foster Day - Jan 12 • Road Scholar I - Jan 19-24 • Coffee House at Stephen Foster - Feb 1 • Olustee Battle Reenactment - Feb 14-16 • Road Scholar II - Feb 23-28 • Road Scholar III - Mar 9-14 • Wild Azalea Festival in White Springs - March 15 • Antique Tractor and Engine Show - April 3-5 • Easter Sunrise Service at Tower - April 20 ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
|Special 2 nights and 3rd free!
Nov 14 - Jan 31, 2014
2 night min stay
|Florida Folk Festival
May 23 - May 25, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
1 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change. Contact Robert or Mike on possible discount on weekly or monthly rates during off season.
Contact owners for payment method.
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: Jacksonville, FL at 70 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Interstate I-75 or I-10 at 5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Jacksonville, FL at 70 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Lake City, FL at 15 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Lake City, FL at 15 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: White Springs, FL at 1 Miles
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: All the holidays are celebrated. Family and friends are an important part of life. Here you see Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, and Veteran's Day--all decked out because we support our family and friends who serve our Great Country in the armed forces! Halloween and Christmas are joyous holidays and celebrate the 'Festival of Lights.'
Why the Owner Chose Suwannee River:
Cottage rentals were created for two daughters who are affiliated with the Air Force. Erin's cottage is designed with unique interest that she likes. Her husband is in the United State Air Force currently stationed in San Antonio, TX; he is a helicopter crew chief instructor. The other cottage is dedicated to Stacy, who is an active duty Air Force member and is currently stationed in Valdosta, GA; she is a weather person for the base and has served in Afghanistan, and has recently returned from Ethiopia for a short tour.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Cottages are dedicated to them, so when they visit they have a place to stay. Being in the military, making them feel at home is very important. They have both served our country in the states, overseas, and in combat situations. Any day they visit is a 'holiday!' Visit the upper Suwanee River where kayaking, canoeing, fishing, and just plain fun. Start from the Big Shoals and canoe/kayak to where the cottages are located in hours (depending on the river height). The upper Suwanee River is where the true nature begins.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Rock Island House Cottage Rental White Spring, Floirda
Erin's Cottage bedroom
Common area for cottages: each have their own grill and picnic table.
Pathway to view the Suwanee River
Path on property to view river.
Canoeing near the cottages on the Suwanee River
Big Shoals - Class 3 waterfall (at certain river heights--river high)
Historic Falling Creek one of Florida's natural water falls.
White Springs Azalea Festival; third Saturday of each March
Stacy's cottage bedroom
Direct access to Suwanee River and 'Rock Island' (high river level shown)
Seating area to enjoy wild life and view of river.
Seating area to enjoy the river and wild life.
Wild life on the Suwanee River. Less than one mile from cottages!
Big Shoals while the river is high; in 2004 a patroon boat was caught on Shoals!
Park is home of more than just the United States longest running Folk Festivals.
Playing and swimming on the Suwanee!
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, November 14, 2013