Organic Architecture, Center of California, for One or a Couple, and a Good Dog
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:7 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Sanger cottage description
Spacious master suite with balcony and quiet work spaces with wifi and cell service. Linens provided. Guest bdrm with 2 single beds and less privacy, but a bathroom all its own. Full kitchen and laundry room, with all necessary utensils and some special ones (such as crystal glasses). Furnished and decorated. Large deck and lawn--beautiful surroundings for walks around creeks and farms. Secluded, yet close to restaurants, fruit stand, and store. Perfect for a creative or romantic retreat, or as a home base for travel in California.
- 1800 sq. ft.
- 2 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Events Allowed
- Pets Considered
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 3 Bathrooms
- deep and comfy tub in the Master Suite
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Coffee Maker
- Air Conditioning
- Towels Provided
- Linens Provided
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio:
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Water View:
- Mountain Biking
- Fly Fishing
- Whitewater Rafting
- Cross Country Skiing
- Golf Privileges Optional
- Water Tubing
- Freshwater Fishing
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Scenic Drives
- Winery Tours
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- a) You need a peaceful secluded place to write, create, retreat in a beautiful home surrounded by forest and creeks. b) You want privacy to celebrate your honeymoon or anniversary in a sensuous organic home with a beautiful master bedroom and silence, except for the wind in the trees and the music of the creek. c) You want a home base for California’s national parks, wine country and beaches: Sequioa/Kings Canyon (less than an hour), Yosemite (90 minutes to the gate), Paso Robles wineries (2 hours), Hearst’s Castle, San Simeon, Cambria and other beautiful beaches (2-3 hours). You’ve heard of the Blossom Trail and want to stay in the middle of it (February-March). d) You want to stay where you can bike and kayak, walk and hike without crowds. e) You’ve wanted to experience organic architecture from the inside, up close and personal with a chance to meet the architect Arthur Dyson (protege of Frank Lloyd Wright, Bruce Goff, and William Gray Purcell), whose office is in Fresno. As remote and secluded as the Lencioni Home is, it’s only 30 minutes to Fresno, 10 minutes to Sanger, and there’s a fine popular restaurant-bar called School House and the casual Blossom Trail Cafe a short drive or bike ride away. Award-winning Cedar View Winery and the Art Stand artists’ co-op are both right down the road from School House. The house is suitable for an individual or couple–perhaps one other person who doesn’t require much privacy (eg. an infant or a one-night visitor) or a well-behaved dog. It’s furnished and decorated with a queen bed in the master and two single beds in a guest room, kitchen necessities and some luxuries (such as crystal glasses), tables, chairs, and workspaces. Design details make the home constantly thrilling. The house is comfortable, designed to be passive solar, plus heating/AC and ceiling fans and a wood stove. It's 3.5 hours drive from LA or San Francisco and less than 3 hours from the coast or Sierras (the town is called Centerville because it is in the center of the Golden State). Contact Deborah or Greg Lapp 559-787-2321 for pricing and availability by the week or by the month. http://orgatecture.org/2013/07/05/rent-organic-architecture-lencioni-residence-available/ There's something for you! Writers, artists, composers: incredibly quiet, creative workplace with space to walk, ride a bike, or enjoy a meal out for a break. The Artstand artists welcome you and plein aire opportunities abound. Fresno is home to a vibrant poetry and writing scene. Architects and organic architectural enthusiasts: Owners are 2-time Art Dyson clients, one of whom also works in an Art Dyson building (University High School on the Fresno State Campus). www.arthurdyson.com Tour possibilities possible (although not guaranteed--please arrange ahead of time). Travelers to California: Sequoia/ Kings Canyon National Parks are closest, but Paso Robles, Yosemite, and Hearst's Castle, Morro Rock, even San Francisco and Los Angeles are not far--and you are staying in the 'Fruit Basket' of California: Fresh produce abounds. Outdoor enthusiasts: Besides hiking in the local National Parks, you are in the Kings River Valley, known for fly fishing (rainbow trout) and lake fishing (bass). Kayaking, white water rafting on the upper Kings River (Kings River Expeditions http://kingsriver.com/ or Zephyr Rafting http://www.zrafting.com/) as well as mellower kayak paddles with kingsriverconservancy.org and biking are very popular: The Blossom Trail Ride http://www.blossombikeride.com/ http://vimeo.com/39541520 and the Kings River Ride are two of many rides if you want to join a group. There are several Cycling Shops in the area if want to rent. Horseback riding is available literally around the corner. The closest city is Fresno (35 minutes), which has a philharmonic http://fresnophil.org/, several theater opportunities http://gcplayers.com/ (for example), speaker series http://valleytownhall.com/, the Tower District http://www.towerdistrict.org/ and more! The house is very cool, but not handicap accessible....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
7 night min stay
Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun
Discounts: 8 nights or more: $120 Nightly - Weekend Nights excluded
Additional information about rental rates
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed. Maximum stay 60 days, but renewal possible after 30 days.
payment required with reservation
Additional Fees and Taxes:
fully refundable pet deposit of $600
extra charge of $100 for smoking in the home.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
- Nearest Airport: FAT (Fresno Yosemite International) at 16 Miles
- Nearest Train: Fresno at 30 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy 180/Kings Canyon at 1 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Cayucus/Cambria/San Simeon at 152 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Schoolhouse Restaurant & Tavern, Cedar View Winery at 3 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Sherwood Forest at 3 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Blossom Trail Cafe at 6 Miles
Year Purchased: 1986
About the owner: Deb teaches English at Reedley College and has built two homes with Arthur Dyson, who apprenticed under Frank Lloyd Wright, Bruce Goff and William Gray Purcell. Greg is a composer and teaches choral music and music theory at University High School, also a Dyson building. While writing a book about living in these homes, I am blogging at orgatecture.org. Check out this site to see more photos and stories of this incredible home. http://orgatecture.org/2013/07/05/rent-organic-architecture-lencioni-residence-available/
Why the Owner Chose Sanger:
This is an important architectural home, featured on Extreme Homes, winner of numerous awards. According to In Search of Natural Architecture (see photo), 'a dramatic and sinuous design.' The setting is lush and secluded and the location is within a short distance of recreation and agri-tourism and only 2-4 hours from most sites in California, including the National Parks, Paso Robles Wine Country, Central Coast beaches.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
Watch wildlife from the deck; relax in secluded splendor, experience sculptural organic architecture in 'person.' This is a creative and sensuous home. Just a half hour from Fresno, but seems a world away. Good restaurant/tavern and winery close by.
- Primary: 559-787-2321
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Lencioni Residence secluded in a forest of oaks and honeysuckle
view of deck and livingroom windows. See orgatecture.org for more photos
comfortable kitchen looks out on the forest
from kitchen--all views face the forest
light streaming in the master bath
looking down from master suite
master bath soaking tub
looking down from loft barroom
architectural details like the staircase throughout
woodstove, heater and AC keep the house comfy
1 acre lawn spills off the deck and surrounds the house
balcony off the master bedroom and steps leading from lawn up to the deck
look through the hand-crafted front door
from the dining table towards the staircase--Dansk and crystal place settings.
wysteria shades the kitchen window without obscuring view
from entry into kitchen
from the balcony off the master suite
even master bath has original artwork
bath 2 off loft bedroom
master bed and French doors to balcony--screens on all doors
loft bedroom--one bed can move to bedroom downstairs
table folds out to seat 6
down the driveway--house is secluded from the road
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Thursday, September 05, 2013
3 Bedroom / 3 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.