VRBO is part of the HomeAway family, the world leader in vacation rentals with over 1 million listings. We offer the largest selection of properties for any travel occasion and every budget. We’re committed to helping families and friends find a perfect vacation rental to create unforgettable travel experiences together. Learn More
Our cozy apartment is one and a half blocks from the beach. There is a small front yard, a completely furnished deck with a barbecue grill, patio table, chairs and umbrella. Inside is tile and hardwood flooring and brand new furniture and decorations. New paint, new sofa, new beds, new dressers and chairs – everything is brand new as of july 2013
Please keep in mind, the apartment is on the small side. Only 750 square feet. There is a pull-out couch in the living room and it will sleep 6, but it's better suited for 2-4 people
We also have a 1 bedroom beach cottage (sleeps 4) for rent right next door so if you're traveling with more people, it might be fun to rent the cottage and the apartment!
The cottage VRBO #385631
Ocean beach is an authentic, ocean-front community with an eclectic, intimate character that is revered by travelers from around the world. It is a perfect destination for families, couples, singles, surfers, boaters, explorers - people with active lifestyles or people who just want to relax on the beach. Everything San Diego has to offer is virtually at your doorstep.
OR, spend the day at home. Read the morning paper on the deck with a cup of coffee, barbecue steaks at dinner time on the patio, or just lounge with a cold beer by the firepit after an invigorating day at the beach.
Amenities include indoor and outdoor furniture, fully-equipped kitchen, tv/dvd, stereo, wifi internet, bath towels, beach towels, hair dryer, linens, pillows, blankets - all the comforts of home.
We are a small, family-owned operation. Like you, we love to travel and we know what it means to provide quality customer service. For the duration of your stay, we will be available all hours for all your needs.
Attractions within walking distance
1) Pacific Ocean – forget the car! Just walk to the beach in 5 minutes.
2) Dog Beach - let your dog frolic on the sand or water leash-free! Play fetch until the sun goes down – or longer. It’s a rare opportunity as dog beach is one of the few leash-free beaches in the country.
3) Robb Field – is a huge park and recreation complex with multiple tennis, basketball and handball court. It also has a fitness gym, lighted softball and multi-purpose fields, playground area for kids, and acres of wide open grass with picnic tables and shade trees.
5) Robb Skateboard Park – is a recently-built, 40 thousand square foot, state-of-the-art skate park.
6) Main Street Ocean Beach (Newport Avenue) – stroll along antique row or shop in any of the dozens of mom-n-pop retail stores. Roam the farmers market and street fair every Wednesday afternoon. Afterward have lunch, or an adult beverage, at one of the many restaurants, nightclubs and neighborhood bars.
7) Ocean Beach Pier – is the second longest pier in California. It’s an amazing, panoramic location from which to drop a fishing line (no license needed), take a romantic stroll, or grab a burger and a beer at the OB Pier Café.
8) The Tide Pools of Sunset Cliffs – stroll along the stunning, striated sunset cliffs of the pacific ocean. This is one of the most beautiful locations in the world, named after its amazing sunsets. Take a leisurely stroll down to sea level and explore the magic and the mystery of the tide pools at low tide.
9) Bird Watching at the Famosa Slough – birdwatchers come from around the world to see the many different, exotic birds that inhabit this 37-acre wetland, including, osprey, snowy egrets, pelicans, ducks, sandpipers in the estuary black-necked stilts, avocets, kingfisher, forster's tern, and great egret. Walk or bike on the path that circumnavigates the slough.
Attractions within driving distance
10 minutes – is all the driving time you need to visit Sea World, Seaport Village, historic Old Town, downtown San Diego and the historic Gaslamp Quarter, San Diego Convention Center, Little Italy, maritime museums, Petco Park (SD Padres stadium), and San Diego’s main airport, Lindbergh field.
20 minutes – to San Diego Zoo, Balboa Park and museums, Torrey Pines golf course, five outdoor shopping malls, Qualcomm Stadium (San Diego Chargers), Coronado Island and the Historic Hotel Del Coronado, Cabrillo National monument and lighthouse.
30 minutes - to Tijuana and the Mexico border, Del Mar Racetrack and Fairgrounds, several gaming casinos, Legoland, etc.
As you can see, there is so much to see and do within a close distance of our vacation units you probably won't be able to do it all in once visit. Which is why we want you to come back.
We only have 2 off street spaces to share between several units. For this reason, we lowered the general price of the rental but charge $7.60 per day for a dedicated, off-street parking space...moreless
* Approximate Monthly rates, actual rate will depend on the days of the month you stay
Additional information about rental rates
Refundable Damage Deposit$400
100% refund if canceled at least 60 days before arrival date.
Book with confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.
About the owner: We are a family owned business with tons of experience with travel and the service industry. We know how to provide for our guests and want nothing more than to help make your stay as enjoyable and memorable as it can be.