A Lovely One Bedroom Cottage Just 2 Miles from Downtown.
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:30 nights
- Pets considered:Yes
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Healdsburg cottage description
This 825 square foot one bedroom apartment has everything you need for your stay. The bedroom has a queen size bed with a large walk-in closet. The living room, dining room and kitchen are situated in a 'through view' way so that it is a large area to live in. The kitchen is fully stocked with all the cooking utensils, and service ware for all of your dining needs. We have a gas fireplace that provides for a warm and romantic setting. The bathroom is large and has a stackable washer/dryer, shower, and vanity. And the covered patio is cool and private, with a BBQ for your outdoor cooking. The yard is fully fenced so that your little ones, whether two or four legged, can wander about safely.
- 825 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Considered:
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
- Children Welcome
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, Beds for 3-4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Linens Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
- Roller Blading
- Freshwater Fishing
- Water Tubing
- Fitness Center
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Mountain Biking
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Basketball Court
- Water Skiing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
- Recreation Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Gambling Casinos
- Bird Watching
- Paddle Boating
- Scenic Drives
- Share the joy of Heavensburg! Just two miles from the downtown plaza and all local amenities, our cottage is nestled in a neighborhood hillside, up a private driveway, with covered, off-street parking, just steps from your front door. We offer a newly renovated and furnished, 1 bedroom cottage with a comfortable sofa bed to accommodate parties of up to three, or two adults and two small children. The cottage offers a bedroom, living area, bathroom and kitchen. There is a private covered patio with a BBQ and sitting area. The cottage also has an indoor laundry. Walk or drive into town or out into the vineyards. Treat yourself to the plethora of local fare in our rich and relaxed 'foodie haven,' or learn to be your own master chef at a 'teach and dine' experience at Relish Culinary school. Enjoy leisurely strolls or scenic 'power walks' through the miles of hiking and walking trails just a short jaunt from your front door. Then treat yourself to a revitalizing massage at one of our local spas or with a private masseuse. Rest your spirit in the serenity of our local, agricultural pace, or venture out into the redwood forest of Armstrong Woods. Take in the rugged coastline and have lunch in Bodega Bay, or drive through scenic pasture lands to spend the day at dog-friendly, Dillon Beach. If the mood strikes you change the pace completely with a drive across the Golden Gate Bridge into San Francisco, just over an hour away, for some night life. Don't want to drive that far? Then try your luck at our local casino, River Rock, just 10 minutes north of us. If you are into water sports, Lake Sonoma is just 20 minutes away and boat rentals are available. There is so much to do and see, and plenty of reason to just sit and be. One month's stay will only serve to beckon you back. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Healdsburg Pet Friendly CottageGuest comment entered by owner
Healdsburg Pet Friendly Cottage
We stayed in Susan and Toni's Healdsburg cottage for a month this summer and thoroughly enjoyed everything about it. Healdsburg is a charming Sonoma county community with lots of cultural activities, including a live community theater, music on the town green on Tuesday nights, a farmers market twice a week, great restaurants, in addition to superb wine tasting. It is a bicyclist mecca as you cycle your way through miles and miles of winding roads through the vineyards. You can also canoe, kayak and swim in the Russian River which runs through the town. Healdsburg also has many miles of hiking trails through the hills only two blocks from the cottage where we enjoyed a long hike every morning before breakfast and again in the evening as we watched the sun set over the golden hills. Healdsburg is a great vacation spot to spend a day, a week, or a month. And only an hour and 15 minutes from San Francisco. Susan and Toni, the owners, are wonderful hosts. They are interesting people, with interesting careers and have fun stories to tell. They are very helpful with information about the area and attentive to your needs, yet they maintain their distance and give you your privacy even though they live next door to the cottage. Most of the time you won't even know they are there. The cottage is clean, comfortable and well stocked, including a nice bottle of chardonnay from a local winery as a welcome gift. The cottage consists of two full one bedroom apartments, an upstairs and downstairs. It is a great setup for couples traveling together, or any family group that wants their own privacy and space at times, yet wants to be close and travel together. We are a retired couple from Connecticut and occupied the upstairs, while our daughter, who lives in San Francisco, would come out at various times with friends and occupy the downstairs. We would socialize and share meals together on the patio, yet not have to be in each others face all the time. We were originally looking for a traditional two bedroom rental, but discovered that this two apartment setup worked even better for us. And it is unusual to find such a nice place that will allow you to have pets. With the hiking trails so close by, it is a wonderful place to bring your dog. We hope we can return next summer and highly recommend this cottage to anyone.
- Guest Bev and Carl
- Date of stay 07/07/13
- Review Submitted 08/28/13
50th Birthday Celebration in Sonoma!Guest comment entered by owner
50th Birthday Celebration in Sonoma!
Susan made my job of planning my 50th birthday in Healdsburg easy! She is honest and organized. What you see in the photos of the apartment are what you're going to get, clean, cozy and convenient. The window directly in front of the kitchen in the upper unit paints a beautiful picture of nature in it's true beauty. I would literally stop and stare. You've got to drive into Geyserville and eat at "DIAVOLA" the food is outstanding and the desserts are delicious! And if you want a great beer drive over to "Bear Brewery" in the adorable town of Healdsburg where you'll find a wide selection of outstanding beers and a totally fun atmosphere! Thank you Susan and Toni for greeting me and my friends when we drove up your driveway. You made us feel so welcomed! Thank you for the wonderful gifts you gave me! We totally enjoyed the tastings at Kenwood! :) Next time around I plan on renting Susan and Toni's beautiful home in Dillon (check it out) :)
- Guest Cathy
- Date of stay 08/09/13
- Review Submitted 08/14/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Apr 30, 2014
30 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
30 night min stay
- Refundable Damage Deposit: $350
- Cleaning: $85
- Pet Fee: $25
- Taxes Not included
100% refund if canceled at least 30 days before arrival date.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Santa Rosa Airport at 13 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Tiburon, CA at 60 Miles
- Nearest Train: Martinez, CA at 73 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: 101 at 1.5 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Dillon Beach, CA at 45 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: John & Zeke's at 2 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Healdsburg Golf Club at 2 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Several at 2 Miles
Year Purchased: 2005
About the owner: The owners, Toni Lisoni and Susan Jones, live in the main house next to the cottage with their two rescue pooches. Susan is the former police chief and currently serves as the Mayor. Toni is a civil rights attorney. They each grew up in southern California and moved up to northern California in the 70's and 80's, respectively. They have lived in Healdsburg since 2002.
Why the Owner Chose Healdsburg:
They planned to retire here but had the good fortune not to have to wait, as Susan accepted the police chief's job in February of 2002. Healdsburg has recently been named one of the top ten small cities in America, one of the top twenty foodie destinations in the world by ZAGAT, the second top wine region in the world, second only to Tuscany, Italy. And lastly, one of the top ten Plazas in America and one of the 'Seven Wonders' in the cycling world by Bicycling Magazine. Why would you not want to live here. :-)
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The property is located up a private drive and situated on a hillside. It shares this drive with one other neighbor, and the cottage's owners. It's off the street so there is plenty of off-street parking and it is quiet. If you need more room, check out Heavensburg #474747. It is a one bedroom apartment that is situated above this unit.
- Primary: 707-477-1907
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Kitchen and dining room
Trail head of Healdsburg Ridge Open Space with several miles of hiking trails.
Hiking trail going up the hill.
Trails branching off in a couple of directions.
Pathway from carport leading to the lower apartment.
Full size futon bed.
Living room with fireplace.
Bathroom with stacking washer/dryer and vanity in background.
Stairs leading up to the upper apartment's deck and also to the car port.
Fox Pond located just 1/2 mile away in the open space walking trails.
Panoramic view of Fox Pond and trails.
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, September 03, 2013
1 Bedroom / 1 Bathroom
Get a rental quote, then book it!
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.