Visit San Diego in 2016! Book by 31 December and Save $!! Family Fav - Sleeps 6!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3-5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Book your reservation for 2016 by 31 December and SAVE $10 per night.
TREAT YOURSELF TO A “TURN-KEY” HOLIDAY CELEBRATION IN A CHARMING COUNTRY COTTAGE
• Christmas lights adorn the bridge, home and gazebos,
• Cottage is decked out with charming vintage decorations.
• Christmas baked goods will greet you.
• All the trappings of Christmas with none of the work!
OLD CASTLE COTTAGE IS UNIQUELY PART HOTEL, PART VACATION RENTAL, AND PART BED AND BREAKFAST!
• Check out our guest reviews for details about what makes us so unique.
• Hot coco for the kids, gourmet coffee & tea for you!
• Farm fresh eggs from Annalee’s hens await you in the fridge.
• Fresh cut flowers from the gardens are made into lovely arrangements expressly for YOU!
5 MINUTES OFF THE 15 FREEWAY, OLD CASTLE COTTAGE IS CONVENIENT FOR ALL YOUR EXCURSIONS
• There are an abundance of restaurants and resorts from 5 to 15 minutes away.
• Disneyland is 65 minutes away
• Legoland, Sea World, the San Diego Zoo, and Zoo Safari Park are within 30 minutes
• Major shopping Malls and outlet malls are within 20 minutes
• Wineries and Local live entertainment in downtown Escondido, Temecula, San Diego, or one of the many casinos from 10-30 minutes away.
* Full Kitchen - with separate wine cooler
• Bedrooms: 3 (1 King Size, 1 Full Size, Two Twin Beds)
• Baths: 2 (Master has shower and separate soaking tub, second bath has large shower)
• Propane BBQ, Private backyard, Patio dining
• Internet access
• Garden Gazebo
• Dish TV with HD and upgraded TV package
Build your best vacation ever
From over 1 million rentals worldwide
Escape the confines of a hotel
Enjoy the freedom of a vacation rental
Book with confidence
Relax and enjoy your stay
From online to on vacation
- 1 story
- 1371 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Minimum Age Limit For Renters:
- Children Welcome:
- Non Smoking Only
- Pets Not Allowed
- Wheelchair Inaccessible
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
- The Master bedroom is spacious and offers a comfortable king-sized bed that has been topped with a three inch memory foam mattress. Fabric with a garden toile design is carried from the master bedroom into the master bath. A writing desk with view of the rose garden is a great place to write in your journal or check your e-mail. A flat-screen TV is mounted opposite the master bed for your convenience. Bedroom Number 2 has two comfortable twin beds decorated in a coastal cottage theme and has a view of the back yard garden. Bedroom Number 3 is charming with a design theme similar to the black and white toile design found in the master bedroom. It offers a double bed with a chest of drawers and a garden view....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable:
- Video Library
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses
- Fitness Center
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Horseback Riding
- Miniature Golf
- Outlet Shopping
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain View:
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Basketball Court
- Equestrian Events
- Hot Air Ballooning
- Ice Skating
- Jet Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Mountain Climbing
- Rock Climbing
- Roller Blading
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Water Skiing
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Seating for 6 people
- Air Conditioning:
- Clothes Dryer
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Deck / Patio:
- Lanai / Gazebo:
|Dates||Nightly||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Nov 9 - Nov 30, 2015
5 night min stay
Dec 1 - Dec 31, 2015
5 night min stay
Apr 18 - Apr 30, 2016
3 night min stay
My Standard Rate
3 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
- Administration Fee $25 + tax
- Refundable Damage Deposit $250
- Cleaning Fee $125 + tax
- Tax Rate 8%
If someone inquires for dates you have requested, they will be added to a wait list. Your booking will be guaranteed as long as you provide deposit, contract, and payment within dates due.
The "monthly" rate is based on 30 days. Additional days prorated. The cleaning fee for the monthly rate is $350.
Pay with Confidence
Paying through this free service protects your payment up to $10,000 against listing fraud. If you are not paying through HomeAway Payments always call the owner at the number listed on our website and never use instant money transfer services such as Western Union and MoneyGram.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
• 5 minutes to Castle Creek Golf Course and Welk Resort Golf course. Other nearby golf courses include: Pala Mesa, Torrey Pines, Aviara Golf Club, and Coronado Golf;
• 5 minutes to Farmer’s Market at Welk Resort. Other Farmer’s markets are 15 minutes away;
• 5 minutes to resort restaurants;
• 15 minutes to local wine tasting
• 15 minutes to Escondido for shopping and North County Mall;
• 20 minutes to Escondido Center for the Performing Arts;
• 25 minutes to San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly San Diego Wild Animal Park);
• 25 minutes to water park;
• 15 to 30 minutes to Temecula or Carlsbad Outlet Mall;
• 30 minutes to a beautiful beaches and Legoland;
• 30 minutes to botanical gardens;
• 35 minutes to Del Mar Race Track (July through September);
• 35 minutes to San Diego County Fair at Del Mar (June through 4th of July);
• 35 minutes to the Birch Aquariam and LaJolla Cove Seal Preserve;
• 40 minutes from downtown San Diego, SD Zoo, Balboa Park;
• 45 minutes to San Diego International (Linbergh) Airport;
• 73 minutes to Disneyland;
• 2 hours to Hollywood;
• 8-35 minutes away are five large casinos - some with live entertainment.
Year Purchased: 2007
About the owner: We have lived in Valley Center since we married in 1985 and love the 'home town' feel here. We hope you have opportunity to visit this charming community!
Why the Owner Chose Valley Center:
We had admired this property for many years and jumped at the opportunity to purchase it in 2007. Those who visit here, frequently comment about the unique beauty of grounds. We can only give credit to God and the original founding family who had a great vision for enhancing the natural beauty here and left a marvelous fingerprint on this ranch.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
The three acre lawn, formal rose garden, gazebo, and bird and butterfly gardens are very special! We feel most fortunate to share a piece of it with you!
- Primary: +1 (760) 519-9285
Old Castle Cottage - surrounded by gardens!
The Gazebo is perfect for tea time or a meal!
Christmas at the Cottage. We decorate expressly for YOU!
A romantic master bedroom!
The master bath has a soaking tub. Open the window and smell the orange blossoms
Enjoy this Christmas vignette as your gaze out the kitchen window!
Like the Master bedroom, Bedroom #3 is charmingly romantic!
Sit a spell on the old fashioned porch swing!
To enjoy the lovely purple blossoms of this tree (in background) come in April!
Charming pieces are available for your photography use!
Entrance to the Old Castle Cottage.
Children enjoy their own private park!
The illuminated Gazebo is an especially romantic bonus with the cottage rental!
Beautiful garden view from the porch of Old Castle Cottage!
The family room is an inviting place to play games, watch TV or curl up by the fire with a good book!
The master bedroom is elegant and romantic!
Gathering in this country kitchen is where memories are made!
Bedroom #2 offers two twin beds.
Entering the front yard is like entering a secret garden!
Relax with a glass of ice tea and enjoy the views from the porch!
This 2-person hammock is just waiting for YOU!
Old Castle Cottage is surrounded by mature trees that offer shade and beauty.
Cross that bridge and escape into your own private park.
Old Castle Cottage is ablaze with bloom from Spring through Fall
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Wednesday, November 25, 2015
- Property typeCottage
Get an instant quote
- Response time Within an hour
- Response rate 100%
- Calendar last updated 11/22/2015
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.