Beach House Getaway on a Charming Cove!
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2-3 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
La Conner house description
We are sharing this incredible place for the first time ever!
The Point House is nestled above a small cove at the very end of a road with a wall of sliding glass doors facing west for majestic sunsets and views.
The home sleeps 6 people--there are two private bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed. There is a full-sized hide-a-bed in the great room.
There are two bathrooms--one is off of the great room and kitchen area and offers a step-in shower, and the other, in the Master bedroom, has a step-in shower as well as a tub flanked by a window overlooking the bay.
There are laundry facilities in the Master bedroom.
The kitchen is well-equipped, with a full-sized refrigerator, stove and dishwasher. There is also a small refrigerator for beverage or extra refrigerated storage.
On the water side of the house, there is a generous, two-level deck with railing. A flight of stairs from the deck lands you on the cove's beach for beach-combing, bird-watching and kayaking. Surrounding the house are wild bunnies, quail and other critters. Seen recently were a doe and her two offspring, ambling up the driveway.
There is a propane grill for grilling up your favorite meals, and deck furnishings enable dining al fresco and plenty of places to relax and enjoy the view.
The house offers WiFi access and cable TV. There is a large, flat-screen TV in the great room for movie nights, and there are flat screen TVs in each bedroom.
The Point House is NOT CHILDPROOFED, and children must be supervised closely at all times. The games we have at the house are adult games (chess, backgammon, Scrabble, etc.).
CHILDREN OVER 12 ARE WELCOME.
A NOTE TO KAYAKERS--The tides and currents are unpredictable at times and the wind can come up quickly, particularly in the late afternoons, creating a heavy chop on the water. Use caution, watch closely and bring life vests suited for the purpose.
- 1600 sq. ft.
- 1 story
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Pets Not Allowed
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
- Dishes & Utensils:
- Iron & Board
- Air Conditioning
- Linens Provided
- Washing Machine
- Hair Dryer
- Towels Provided
- Clothes Dryer
- Satellite / Cable
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View:
- Water View:
- Medical Services
- Massage Therapist
- Wildlife Viewing
- Mountain Biking
- Botanical Garden
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- Gambling Casinos
- Eco Tourism
- Sight Seeing
- This area is a nature-lover's dream! There is convenient access to the Anacortes Ferry terminal for day trips to the San Juan Islands or Victoria, B.C.. Whale-watching and fishing tours can be booked in Anacortes, and the entire area is popular for bicyclists and hikers. Small plane airports in the area include Anacortes and Skagit Regional, and Bellingham offers the nearest major airport. There are airport shuttles between LaConner and Bellingham Airport. For golfers, some of the best public courses Washington has to offer in the area between La Conner and Bellingham, including (but not limited to) Avalon, Lake Padden, Eaglemont, Sudden Valley, Homestead Farms and Shuksan. The nearest course is Similk, on the way to Anacortes. Deception Pass State Park is nearby and the Skagit Valley Tulip Festival in the spring draws national and international visitors to the area every year. La Conner has, for years, been the residence of artists, brought to the area by the quality of light and supportive community. Author Tom Robbins used to live next door (to the north) and returned to the area after a time away. To say the La Conner area has been an inspiration for the best of 'Northwest style' art would understate its importance. Most have said it's the quality of light here that draws them, and indeed, the light can take one's breath away... Other day trips in the area might include a drive to Whidbey island (no ferry necessary) for the mussels at Toby's Tavern in Coupeville, as well as jaunts to explore the surrounding farmlands and small towns where, during the summer months, one can fill up on an incredible bounty of local produce and berries. The emerging art scene in the tiny town of Edison (which also has a couple of wonderful bakeries) is certainly worth checking out. The nearby towns of LaConner, Mount Vernon and Anacortes offer display gardens, museums, galleries and great restaurants. Vancouver, B.C., an urban mecca, is about two hours away (you need a passport or card to cross the border). RESTAURANTS: Seeds Bistro is consistently great and the desserts will melt anyone's willpower...the La Conner Pub and Eatery has the best fish/prawns and chips, period--try for an outside table if the weather permits, and watch working and pleasure boats drift by. For breakfast, the Calico Cupboard is always crowded and their breakfast pastries are famous. The Point House is located on the Swinomish tribe's reservation. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect place to get away and relax! :)
Perfect place to get away and relax! :)
Our long weekend at the house was the perfect getaway! Tom was very accommodating and easy to work with. He greeted us upon arrival and showed us around the house, which was exactly as expected from the listing. He recommended great places to eat and even treated us to coffee at one of the local stands. We spent most of our days walking downtown LaConner, eating at the restaurants and shopping in all the local shops. The house was a short drive to all of these things. With the views of the sunset the house has to offer we spent our evenings there. One night was too windy to be out on the deck but the views from inside are just as great. Tom has Netflix set up so you can spend your nights relaxing and watching movies. After we left the house he emailed us thanking us for leaving the house in great condition and was very quick to get our deposit back to us. We look forward to more relaxing weekends at the house! :) I highly recommend it for anyone looking to do the same!
- Guest Reesa (Lake Stevens, WA)
- Date of stay 08/22/13
- Review Submitted 09/03/13
Recommended for: Age 55+, girls getaway, families with teenagers, romantic getaway.
Great place on the water near La Conner
Great place on the water near La Conner
Just came back from our 3 night stay. Two couples and two kids - and we were well accommodated. The description is accurate. A cozy feel inside with the rock fireplace and wood floors and open concept. Lots of great views from inside as well as the expansive deck outside. Beach access is good with the nearby stairs; albeit the beach area is small it still provides a place to sit back or explore a little. Launching kayaks would be quite easy from here. Kitchen is well stocked with utensils and all you need. Big screen TV was great for watching golf on Sunday. WiFi connection is good. Close to La Conner, Deception Pass, Burlington Outlets and nearby ocean and beach activities. Tom met us on our arrival and welcomed us warmly. Generally well kept and clean. I'd recommend this house to others. MK
- Guest Milton K.
- Date of stay 08/09/13
- Review Submitted 08/13/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
May 1 - Sep 30, 2014
3 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
GREAT DEAL > We DO NOT base our rates on double occupancy!!!
$100.00 Cleaning Fee Per Stay
$300.00 Refundable Security/Damage Deposit
Payment in Full due at the time of reservation.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
- Refundable Security Dpst: $300
- Cleaning Fee (per stay): $100
- Taxes Not included
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Bellingham International (BLI/KBLI) or Skagit at 28 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Anacortes at 12 Miles
- Nearest Train: Mount Vernon at 13 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: Hwy. 20, I-5 at 15 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: La Conner at 4 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Mt. Baker at 100 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Similk Beach, Anacortes at 8 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: La Conner at 4 Miles
About the owner: Our family has been coming up here for years and we treasure the time we spend in this magical place. We are still actively using the house but would like others to enjoy it as well. With that in mind, we are looking for people who will really appreciate and respect the property and its contents. It is NOT a destination party house...rather, it is a place to come for renewal and enjoyment of everything the area has to offer.
Why the Owner Chose La Conner:
The house is situated in a unique, private and stunning setting, with rare, waterfront beach access and majestic views. It is close and conducive to an incredible variety of recreational activities--kayaking, biking and leisurely walks and hikes are just outside the door, and galleries, restaurants, shopping and antiquing await you in nearby LaConner.
The Unique Benefits at this House:
The views from the west side of the house are breathtaking...the moon rises in an arc over the deck and the jewel-like sun play on the water during sunsets dazzles the eye. Seabirds on the nearby tidal lands and islands offer infinite entertainment for birding enthusiasts. You can watch eagles that are nesting nearby on a daily basis during nesting season in March and April...for much of the year, they are fishing in the area. The beds are really comfortable!
- Primary: + (425)444-6492
Links to more information:
The Point House (a view from the kayak)
Multiple sliding glass doors provide breathtaking panoramic water views!!!
KITCHEN Nice and open to living area with water views!
BEDROOM #1 - Water Views! (Queen Bed | Bath | Cable TV)
Point House deck stairs to the cove's beach - you couldn't be any closer!
The Point House from Dot Island
Dot Island at high tide
Sunsets are breathtaking
Eagles! Prime viewing time is during nesting season in the spring...
Landing...eagles nest in a nearby tree and hunt in front of the house.
Views are amazing year round - even on stormy days!
Water side view of the Point House, taken from the point.
Cozy Living Room with gas fireplace!
Enjoy the view or curl up with a book in the fabulous turret above the water!
BEDROOM #1 - Bath Area (Water views!!!)
BEDROOM #2 (Queen Bed | Cable TV)
The cove beach in front of the house.
On winter days, light play on the water is poetic. This was taken in January.
A golden sunset
Moonrise from the deck
Feeding time! Low tide in the spring brings in the eagles.
What's for dinner?
Best Road daffodils. Skagit Valley's Tulip festival is world-famous!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.