A Private Getaway in the Garden
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:3 nights
- Pets considered:Ask Owner
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Richmond cottage description
A private getaway in the garden, is a cozy, charming one-room cottage with a queen-size bed, sitting and eating areas, bath, and a fully-equipped kitchen. The Carriage House is furnished with bright colors, luxury bedding, WiFi Broadband internet and HD/cable TV.
- 256 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Long-Term Renters Welcome
Bedrooms: 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2, Beds for 2
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
- No bathtub.
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Dining Area Seats:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Coffee Maker
- Washing Machine:
- Clothes Dryer:
- Linens Provided
- Towels Provided
- Hair Dryer
- Located just one block from the Virginia Historical Society, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, several restaurants and a coffee shop. Within walking distance of Carytown featuring a wide variety of boutiques, eateries, and food stores in a nine block shopping area. Ten minutes from historic downtown Richmond....moreless
- Lawn / Garden
- Deck / Patio
- Away From It All
- Massage Therapist
- Medical Services
- Water Tubing
- Miniature Golf
- Whitewater Rafting
- Mountain Biking
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Scenic Drives
- Paddle Boating
- Live Theater
- Bird Watching
- 1] GRTC Bus routes 1 & 2 Monument/Patterson/Church Hill, for convenient downtown access, located one block away. 2] Ten minutes to Richmond Visitor Center. 3] Four miles to the James River Park System offering hiking/biking trails and river access for tubes, rafts and kayaks (adventure outfitters available for equipment/guides). 4] Four universities located within the city. 5] 25 minutes to Kings Dominion Theme Park in Doswell, VA and 55 minutes to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. 6] Less than a mile to the Children's Museum of Richmond (CMOR) and the adjacent Virginia Science Museum. ...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Perfect getaway, clean, adorable, just as described
Perfect getaway, clean, adorable, just as described
This Carriage house exceeded our expectations. Perfect for 2 people, very clean, owners are very warm, caring people, made sure our stay was comfortable. We were there for the Richmond Marathon, location was excellent, 10 minutes from downtown and within walking distance to shops and restaurants on Cary St. Has everything you need if you want to eat in, just bring the food. Microwave, stove, small fridge, much, much better than a hotel room. We would definitely stay here again.
- Guest Jack C.
- Date of stay 11/14/13
- Review Submitted 11/19/13
Recommended for: Girls getaway, people with disabilities, age 55+, adventure seekers, romantic getaway, sightseeing.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
3 night min stay
Discounts: 14 nights or more: $75 Nightly
Additional information about rental rates
Price is negotiable for stays longer than one month.
- Taxes Included
Policy available by contacting owner when booking.
This owner accepts HomeAway payments.
Always use this free service to protect your payments up to $10,000 against fraud while keeping your financial information private. With HomeAway Payments, your credit card information is not seen by the owner or manager. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Call the owner to confirm booking request.
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Adding our Vacation Protection services can make sure your getaway goes smoothly, no matter what. We offer Cancellation Protection, Carefree Rental Guarantee, and Damage Protection so you can truly relax.
- Nearest Airport: Richmond International Airport (RIC) at 14 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Jamestown-Scotland, VA Route 31 Free Ferry at 53 Miles
- Nearest Train: Staples Mill (RVR) at 5 mi; Main Street (RVM) at 4 Miles
- Nearest Motorway: I-195 (Beltline Expressway\Powhite Parkway) at 0.7 Miles
- Nearest Beach: Virginia Beach Boardwalk, Virginia Beach, VA at 112 Miles
- Nearest Barpub: Bandito's Burrito Lounge at 0.1 Miles
- Nearest Ski: Wintergreen Ski Resort, VA - Blue Ridge Mountains at 108 Miles
- Nearest Golf: Belmont Golf Course at 5 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Viceroy, Ariana's, Caliente, Deco, Chiocca's Deli at 0.1 Miles
Year Purchased: 1982
About the owner: Bertie Selvey is a community activist and founding member of the Historic Byrd Theater Foundation. Bill is a retired hospital administrator. Both are avid gardeners, and have turned a busy corner lot into a sanctuary with a terrace and garden between the house and carriage house. A specially designed fence and arched gate, original to the house, frame garden beds filled with shrubbery and a profusion of flowers. Bertie and Bill have 29 years of previous experience running a successful B&B at this location.
The Unique Benefits at this Cottage:
A truly fabulous location, one block west of the Boulevard, overlooking the Virginia Historical Society and the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Tucked in a safe, pedestrian-friendly neighborhood, the carriage house at 2926 Kensington Avenue is truly at the center of it all.
- Primary: + 804-358-9901
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, October 01, 2013