"Rustic Elegance" Luxury Home-Best View in Big Canoe
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:Contact owner
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Big Canoe house description
LOCATION! LOCATION! LOCATION! Best VIEW in Big Canoe from "Rustic Elegance"! Our lodge-like mountain home is perched near the top of the highest mountain in the resort, an 8000 acre gated golf and tennis community located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia - an easy drive from the Atlanta airport in less than two hours. Smoke Free and Pet Free Home.
Your stay here will truly be a "Mountain-top Experience". On a clear night enjoy the twinkling stars of the "Milky Way" above and the twinkling lights of the Atlanta skyline on the distant horizon below. Truly SPECTACULAR! Our Four large spacious decks will allow you to share the view with friends and family.
Pull up the rocking chair in front of the crackling fire in the stacked-stone fireplace in the Great-Room with a cup of hot chocolate or coffee and contemplate the 24 foot exposed beam cathedral ceilings - or gaze out of the glass doors onto the deck to watch the deer and turkey wander across the mountainside at sunrise or sunset. Welcome to the mountains!
OR - in the warm months, curl up in the double rocker on one of the lower decks "undercover" with ceiling fans to keep air moving - - Enjoy a good book and watch the forest animals wander by for a visit. We back up to Green Space, so you'll see Deer, Turkeys, a bear now and then, and many species of birds.
This is a place you will come back to again and again. Relax - Enjoy - Savor every moment. THIS is what a "real" vacation should be like! Big Canoe is a very special place on earth. It will provide you with many wonderful memories to cherish always.
ENTRY LEVEL has wrap-around Deck to front door. Small Furnished Screened Porch with bistro table and chairs for a great place to enjoy morning coffee - overlooking a Water Garden. Entry-Foyer, Great Room, Loft Office open to Great Room below. Wi-Fi available for your laptop. Printer/Copier available for your use. Dining Area, Glassed in Porch Sitting Room (which can also be converted into a fourth bedroom - with a queen size pull-out sofa bed.) Also, the Master Bedroom and Bath are located on the main level, and there is an additional Large Deck Upper Level(24 feet by 16 feet) with table and chairs for "Dining Out" while enjoying the natural view below and the skyline of Atlanta in the distance. (Beautiful at sunset and anytime on a clear day. NOTE: This is especially spectacular in the winter when you have a 180 degree view. (Sometimes you can even watch the fireworks at Stone Mountain from the top deck.) Two decks below connect - all total about 15 feet wide and 40 feet in length, Half of deck is a "drydeck" (under cover), and half under the stars. Tables and chairs onboth levels and small refrigerator on lower deck.
Full kitchen with seated Bar and Serving Counter. Make yourself at home with this fully equipped kitchen - everything you need to function is provided for you - even including spices! All the
appliances are NEW stainless, and Fridge has a GREAT Icemaker. Microwave and Convection Oven with Ceramic Cooktop. Rustic decor in kitchen. Full pantry between kitchen and laundry room.
LOWER LEVEL has two additional bedrooms with a shared bath and sliding glass door from each onto the two large decks as decribed above. No Smoking and No Pets, Please.
- Vacation Rental
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10, Beds for 8-10
- Queen size Beds (2) Two Bedrooms have Queen Beds: Master on Main and one of the Terrace Level bedrooms with access to lower decks, Twin or Single Beds (2) Two Twin Beds in one of the Terrace Level Bedrooms with access to lower decks., Baby Cribs (1) Portable Crib stored in lower bedroom closet. (Folded - easy set up.) , Sleep Sofa or Futons (2) Queen "Simmons" Pullout sofa-bed on Sun-Porch and also a Queen "Inflatable" bed (with electric pump) - availabe for use in Loft area. . . (Very Comfortable!!)...moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
Kitchen & Dining
Icemaker in refrigerator is a really good one! PLUS - we always try to leave a large zip lock full of ice as a backup. There's nothing worse than going to get ice for a drink and discovering you are out of ice. That won't happen at "Rustic Elegance"....moreless
- Cooking Utensils
- Ice Maker
- Clothes Dryer:
- Wood Fireplace:
- Linens Provided:
- Water Garden off back deck viewed from kitchen window and also from small screened porch adacent to kitchen. Nice for a cup of coffee in the morning with the pleasant sound of water falling into the pond. Also - Stacked Stone Fireplace with firewood, Central heating and Air Conditioning, Ceiling fans, Phones, and CD Player with Surround Sound, Full Kitchen including Microwave, Toaster Oven, Refrigerator with Icemaker, Coffee Maker, Dishes/Pots&Pans/Cooking Utensils provided, Vintage Antiques provide a cozy comfortable decor, Unusual and fun decorative items throughout the house, No Smoking / No Pets. Unusual and fun decor - - truly "RUSTIC ELEGANCE"....moreless
- Video Library:
- Music Library:
- Satellite / Cable:
- DVD Player
- CD Player
- Free Long Distance:
- Broadband Access:
- Computer Available:
Deck / Patio:
(4) Four Large Decks: 1. Entry area and near kitchen; 2. Back Deck off of Great Room with 3 sets of sliding glass doors that open onto the deck; 3 & 4: Two Decks (connected) - Lower Level, accessible from terrace level bedrooms, and also via stairway down from upper deck. Half of Lower Level Deck is "under-decked" to allow use in inclement weather. This has rocking chairs and a glass top table with four chairs - for outside dining. Also equipped with a small refrigerator on the covered deck. Open air deck has a Pergola with room for up to 12 people....moreless
- Outdoor Grill
Location & View
- Water Skiing
- Mountain Biking
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Live Theater
- Theme Parks
- Horseback Riding
- Fitness Center
- Sight Seeing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Wolfscratch Village Area, Chapel for Sunday services, Fitness Center (indoor swimming pool, exercise equipment, aerobics, etc, ), Swim Club (Swim Lake with Sandy Beach, outdoor pool, waterfall rockslide, canoes and paddle boats), Gift Shop, Post Office, Facilities for weddings (large or small), family reunions or meetings, (Commercial kitchen for catering) 27 Holes of Championship Golf, 10 tennis courts (indoor and outdoor), 3 lakes for fishing and boating (on Lake Petit only; electric only), Miles of Hiking, and Jeep Trails, Rafting and Kayaking nearby. Appalachian Trail 30 minutes away. Countless mountain streams loaded with trout - both native and some trophy. Many trout streams in area inviting fly fishing. Owners are avid fishermen and will gladly provide more information about this upon request. Owner Carter Morris, a well-known professional fly-fishing guide, operates a private guide service w/ his son Hunter "Captain Captain Guide Service" - www.flyfishingnorthgeorgia.com...moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
Picturesque Mountain View
Picturesque Mountain View
Thank you for allowing us to enjoy the beauty of Big Canoe. Your home is absolutely wonderful! The view . . . picturesque! We saw 7 deer returning home last night, as they were visiting next door. What a stunning surprise! Enjoyed a Hike one of the days, as well. We tried to put everything back as we found it, - - hopefully, we succeeded. Hope you continue to share this wonderful place with others. It is truly a place of beauty, wonders, and dreams. God Bless! Tom, Cindy, Katie, Kristen, and Michael
- Guest CSambola (Baton Rouge, LA)
- Date of stay 12/27/09
- Review Submitted 01/04/10
Recommended for: Sightseeing, families with young children, adventure seekers, age 55+, families with teenagers.
Staying in your lovely home just locked it in for us. Once we stayed at your home we had to have the trees and the view from a higher elevation. We saw three black bears . . . we counted 10 deer and 21 turkeys in about a 24 hour period. Thanks for all your help and especially for being available that weekend - it really made a difference in our decision about where to buy a home in Big Canoe. We would have made a huge mistake in buying had we not stayed in your home. Thank you. Kay Peebles Sarasota, Florida
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 08/27/05
- Review Submitted 08/27/05
We spent a relaxing week and half at this mountain retreat. The views, the deck and the relaxing mountain air were the best. Your hosts are attentive to every need.
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 08/01/05
- Review Submitted 08/01/05
OUR FAMILY STAYED HERE, AND IT WAS ONE OF THE MOST RELAXING WEEKENDS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED. THE VIEW IS BEAUTIFUL, AND IT ACCOMODATED OUR FAMILY VERY WELL. THE CHILDREN ALSO ENJOYED SWIMMING IN THE INDOOR POOL EVEN DURING THE FALL WEATHER. YOU WILL LOVE THIS PLACE!
- Guest Anonymous
- Date of stay 12/02/04
- Review Submitted 12/02/04
Guest comment entered by owner
WELCOME to our Mountain-top home. We sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoy it each time we visit. We welcome your comments, suggestions, recommendations or other reflections on your stay with us. If you had any problems, we hope you will tell us. If you enjoyed it, we hope we will tell your friends. Most of all, we hope you will visit us again in the future. Please let us hear from you. Thanks. Carter and Angie Morris, Owners.
- Guest Carter and Angie Morris
- Date of stay 11/05/04
- Review Submitted 11/05/04
LOW SEASON (Nov 01-Mar 31) .. $1170/week .. $195/night (3 night Min) HIGH SEASON (Apr 01-Oct 31) .. $1470/week .. $245/night (3 night Min) MAJOR HOLIDAYS - High Season Rates Apply. WINTER MONTHLY RENTAL AVAILABLE. Cleaning Charge: $100 $250 Reservation Deposit to hold dates. Balance due 14 Days prior to arrival. Damage Waiver $250, Evidence of smoking or pets Forfeits Deposit All rates & conditions subject to change without notice. We have multiple homes for rent close to one another for larger groups, just ask!
Note: Until confirmed, rates are subject to change without notice.
This owner accepts: Credit cards.
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
Sorry this information is not available. Please contact the owner for more information.
Year Purchased: 2003
About the owner: We are Carter and Angie Morris from Evans, Ga (Augusta area - Carter's hometown - Anige grew up in Athens.) We met on a blind date in Washington, DC when Carter was a young Naval Officer there and serving as a White House Military Social Aide during his active duty years. Angie went to DC to pursue a positon as a Professional Cartographer (map-maker). They moved back south and married in '72, then Carter became a high school football coach and teacher at Evans High School. They opened a travel agency (Morris Travel) which they operated for years. During that time they also founded a state-accredited school to train travel industry personnel. From 1988 - 1995, they also owned and operated a 300 psgr paddlewheel riverboat - The Princess Augusta. They have two grown sons, Hunter and Taylor who both live in Athens, Georgia. While Carter and Angie still maintain their Augusta home, they love to fly-fish and to enjoy "Rustic Elegance",their mountain-top home in Big Canoe.
Why the Owner Chose Big Canoe:
Because fly-fishing is our passion, we learned quickly of the close proximity of countless North Georgia Rivers and Streams, abundant with trout. We originally came to Big Canoe to visit Angie's sister and brother-in-law (and to fish) - but we immediately fell in love with the beauty and enchantment of the area, Big Canoe in particular. The air is clean and cool in the summer and the winters are magical. There is just enough snow and cold to justify a nice warming fire and to enjoy the pristeen beauty, but the roads are cleared and maintained before you can turn around - - perfect combination. And, it's gone before you grow tired of it. The views are spectacular, the pace is "perfect" - fast or slow, your choice. But most of all, the people are amazing! This is how life was intended to be lived. Peaceful and serene, or activities galore - take your pick. Close to Atlanta - but far enough away (75 miles) to "get away from it all". We enjoy the view - the feeling of security and the lifestyle, but most of all, the wonderful people of Big Canoe!
The Unique Benefits at this House:
It is quite unique to be able to view the twinkling lights of the Atlanta skyline on the distant horizon, yet also be able to view the twinkling stars of the Milky Way above at the same time. Our vast array of "Decks" will allow you to enjoy being outdoors to view the wildlife and nature at its best, yet all the modern conveniences of "home" are only steps away. Truly - the best of both worlds. Add to that the background music of the sound system - you'll think you're on the set of a movie. Peaceful tranquility! A great place to renew your soul and rekindle your family relationships.
- Primary: (706) 869-8999
- Secondary: (706) 579-2435 or (706) 399-7585 cell
Entry Level View From Driveway to "Rustic Elegance" and Water Garden
New Kitchen with Seated Bar/Serving Counter & Dining Area
Office Desk in Loft Area, check w/ work whileyou sneak away to Rustic Elegance
"Gone Fishing" Twin Bedroom on Terrace Level with shared bath
Sun Porch with Simmons Sleeper Sofa that opens up to full top deck and view
Fall view from covered bottom deck for sitting, reading & breathing clean air
Right view of the bottom deck area and pegoda with cushioned seating
Friends around the deck areas can be found anytime at Rustic Elegance
Entrance/Foyer Looking Through Antique Leaded Glass Front Doors
Great Room Showing Fireplace with Glass Doors Onto Large Back Deck
Master Queen Bedroom on Main Level with Master Bath and Window Seat
"Elephant Walk" Queen Bedroom on Terrace Level with shared bath
Fall view from top deck with southern views of Atlanta and Stone Mountain
Upstairs Loft Office area with full computer, fax and printer for guest use
Deck sitting area for friends and relatives, sitting in the woods with style
One of a kind southern view sunset from the back porches of Rustic Elegance
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2004.
Date last modified - Sunday, November 25, 2012
3 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details. Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check, or direct bank transfer. Learn More
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.