Newly Remodeled, Luxurious Modern Home in Santa Teresa's Only Gated Development
You sent a message to this manager.
- Minimum stay:5 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Playa Santa Teresa townhome description
Casa Warman is a multi-level, 2 bedroom/2 bathroom home set against a lush, tropic jungle backdrop. Ocean breezes and views flood the home with air and light from floor-to-ceiling windows and doors that open to generous balconies throughout*. Clean, comfortable and secure, Casa Warman is completely furnished with beautifully crafted wood furniture. Each luxurious piece was designed exclusively for this home and locally made by one of Costa Rica’s most acclaimed furniture makers.
Located in Santa Teresa’s most popular residential neighborhood, Casa Warman is only minutes from the heart of Santa Teresa—known for its surf shops, small restaurants and quaint hotels. The entrance to Casa Warman is off a quiet stretch of the main road, between the pristine Playa Hermosa beaches to the north and bustling Playa Carmen and Mal Pais to the south.
But what really sets this particular location apart is the beach. A brief, 5-minute stroll out the door of Casa Warman leads you to the best surfing beach in the area. La Lora, as it’s known to locals, offers consistent surf, plenty of shade trees and spectacular sunset viewing.
What Casa Warman has to offer:
Just inside the high, white-washed concrete walls and automatic locking gate at the entrance, under magnificent mango trees, is a lavish 15-meter swimming pool and patio area furnished with chaise lounges, chairs and tables for relaxing and socializing.
Casa Warman offers two generously-sized bedrooms each with it’s own private bathroom and balcony. Recently remodeled, each bedroom is graced with wood-covered ceilings that stretch 20 feet up from smooth, burnished concrete floors and floor-to-ceiling/wall-to-wall glass doors that overlook the trees and glimpse at the ocean beyond.
One of the bedrooms sits behind the main house in a separate “casita” in it’s own garden setting. There’s a patio to one side—the ideal spot for stargazing at night or enjoying morning coffee while watching the monkeys, red squirrels, birds and butterflies who visit the garden each day. Inside, the master bedroom casita boasts a luxurious king-size bed with designer bedding, coffee service, AC, and plenty of privacy. The casita’s newly remodeled bathroom and closet area offer a spa-like experience with high ceilings, a walk-in shower tiled in travertine and clear onyx, Toto Washlet 'bidet,' loads of storage on beautiful almond wood shelving and a small refrigerator/freezer so you’re never too far from ice water or a cold beer.
The second bedroom, located on the third floor of the main house, offers a queen-size bed, private newly remodeled bathroom and an enormous completely covered balcony with views to the south and west.
On the second floor you’ll find a main room sitting area with generously-sized sectional sofas and floor-to-ceiling window slider that opens to another covered balcony. There’s a full-size stainless steel refrigerator in the kitchen area and large counter bar covered in solid marble with built-in stovetop and stainless steel sink.
Full size washer and dryer are located on the ground level, in a secure garage large enough for a rental car. And just outside, tucked in the garden, there’s an outdoor shower for Casa Warman guests only.
*All the doors and opening windows throughout the house and casita have screens so you can enjoy the fresh ocean breezes comfortably during the day or night.
- 1300 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Housekeeper Included
- Pets Not Allowed
- Non Smoking Only
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
- BEDROOM 1: King bed with designer bedding, AC, high ceilings, ceiling fan, coffee service. Floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall windows with custom drapery and contemporary roll-up shades. Asian-inspired custom wood furniture includes chair with ottoman graced with luxurious Sunbrella fabric-covered cushions, platform bed with magnificent custom-built headboard, artwork by local artist Margriet Zwart. Wood panel ceilings with recessed lighting, ceiling fan and smooth, burnished concrete floors are all brand new. BEDROOM 2: Queen bed, AC, high ceilings, ceiling fan, floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall windows with custom drapery and contemporary roll-up shades. Asian-inspired custom wood furniture, smooth, burnished concrete floors....moreless
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
- Both newly remodeled bathrooms feature luxury Toto Washlets, travertine and onyx walk-in showers with large rain-style shower heads and high wood panel ceilings with recessed lighting. Frosted windows allow plenty of light and ventilation without compromising privacy. Deep almond wood shelving offers plenty of storage for towels, clothing and incidentals. ...moreless
Kitchen & Dining
- Coffee Maker:
- Pantry Items:
- Air Conditioning:
- INCLUDED: * Security guard * 2 day/wk Maid Service (not just making bed and sweeping but COMPLETE house, balconies and garage cleaning) added days available for small fee. * Weekly Garden Maintenance * 24/7 On-Site Caretaker * Regular pool and pool area maintenance and cleaning * Water, electricity, daily garbage pick-up all included * Secure, locking garage for your rental car, ATVs, bikes, surfboards * All doors and opening windows have screens so you can enjoy the fresh ocean breezes day or night IN ADVANCE OR ON-THE-FLY, OUR HOUSE MANAGERS CAN ARRANGE ANY OF THESE TROPIC ADVENTURES: * Private or group surf lessons * Private or group stand-up paddling lessons and expeditions * Day-trip fishing expeditions * Outstanding golf courses less than an hour's drive away * ATV rentals with delivery and pick-up to your door * Several yoga studios w/classes throughout the day * Horseback riding including on the beach at sunset! * Zip-line Canopy tours ...moreless
Pool & Spa
- Deck / Patio:
- Outdoor Grill:
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Mountain View
- Ocean View
- Surf Fishing
- Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling
- Sound/Bay Fishing
- Mountain Biking
- Scenic Drives
- Sight Seeing
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Bird Watching
- Massage Therapist
- Fly Fishing
- Medical Services
- Wildlife Viewing
- Horseback Riding
- Santa Teresa boasts broad white sand beaches with world class surf that's attractive to beach lovers and surfers of all ages from all over the world. Santa Teresa is located in the driest corner of Costa Rica making the local weather among the best in the country for enjoying the outdoors. Santa Teresa is also known for it's astounding number of restaurants--many which offer diners unexpected world class cuisine. In addition to the many local 'sodas' where visitors can enjoy traditional Costa Rican fare, Santa Teresa has a global offering of choices including Japanese, Italian, Mexican, Argentinean and Israeli--all using the freshest fish, meats, fruits and vegetables imagined! Kika's, El Pulpo, Chile Verde, Tomate, Burger Rancho, Alma's, Otra Lado, Meile Milo and Olam are just a few of the restaurants within walking distance of Casa Warman. Many, MANY more are less than 15 minutes away by car or cab. There are plenty of websites, including TripAdvisor, that extol Santa Teresa's famous, world class surf. But what you may not know is the amazing number of yoga studios dotting the area. From Horizon Hotel's intimate studio perched above the rooftops overlooking a breathtaking view to Pranamar's grandiose studio just steps away from the surf, Santa Teresa has some of the world's best-trained instructors making it a favorite spot for the wildly popular yoga retreats. Nearby rivers and beach coves and bays offer exceptional stand-up paddle board experience while a 5-minute stroll to the nearby La Lora Beach makes an ideal setting for private surf lessons. Our dedicated managers, Kenneth and Larissa are available to make recommendations and arrangements for whatever you need including cab service, restaurant reservations; canopy tour and other tour adventure reservations; car, ATV, bicycle, surfboard and other equipment rentals. They can arrange for a massage either in the privacy of Casa Warman or at one of the nearby hotels or resort spas. Local delivery service brings restaurant prepared meals to your door or arrangements can be made for your own English-speaking private chef who can accommodate your specific dietary needs....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
This property does not have any reviews yet.
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 22 - Jan 5
5 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
5 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
Maximum stay: 14 days. Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Payments made through PayPal to: PWarmanDesign@msn.com or by special arrangement with owner.
**Cancellations with less than 30 days notice (less than 45 days prior to Dec 22-Jan 5) will receive 90% refund IF we are able to rebook same dates/rates.
50% deposit due at time of booking. Deposit is 90% refundable (10% admin charge) for cancellations made more than 30 days prior to arrival; 45 days prior to Dec 22-Jan 5. Full payment is due 30 days prior to arrival; 45 days prior to Dec 22-Jan 5. Once full payment has been made it is NON-REFUNDABLE.**
- Taxes Not included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Tambor (1 hr. drive) at 17 Miles
- Nearest Ferry: Paquera (1.5 hr. drive) at 27 Miles
- Nearest Beach: La Lora at 240 Metres
- Nearest Golf: Los Delfines and Tango Mar, Tambor (1 hr. drive) at 18 Miles
- Nearest Restaurant: Kika, Chile Verde, Pulpo, Burger Rancho, Tomate, at 1 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2009
About: My husband Leon and I both grew up on the beaches of Southern California but have lived in Seattle since 1983. We fell in love with Costa Rica on our first visit with our three kids in 2004. We visited several of the country's west coast beaches over the next year but it wasn't until we discovered Santa Teresa that we found our second home. Reminiscent of the laid back Venice and Redondo Beaches of the 70s where we grew up, Santa Teresa offered everything we loved about beach town living.
Why Playa Santa Teresa:
The location of this property reigns supreme and the envy of many of our local friends. It's in one of the quieter areas and across from what most locals agree is the best beach in the area. But safety and security was also a concern: this house is located in the Santa Teresa's only gated development. There is a main gate at the entrance that opens/closes automatically by key remote. From sunset at 6pm to sunrise at 6am a guard patrols the property and there's a dedicated caretaker who lives on the property keeping an eye on things 24/7.
The Unique Benefits at this Townhome:
They say in Costa Rica that your vacation home is only as good as the people you hire to care for it. We are so lucky to have Costa Rican-born Kenneth and his wife, Canadian-born Larissa as our house managers. Between them they have years of experience in the service and hospitality industry and will be at your service so you too will feel right at home. Brenda is our maid. She's incredibly thorough and insists on polishing ALL the wood--including doors and baseboard--regularly. Milton is our dedicated gardener, Memo is the property's 24/7 on-site caretaker, the night guard is also named Memo and the swimming pool is regularly serviced by Peter.
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Contemporary, secure, multi-level home in beautiful garden setting with ocean views
Stunning, 15m pool set in a lush garden setting rivals luxury hotels and resorts
Extra deep, lush sectional seating in main room upholstered in Sunbrella fabric
Professionally landscaped, fully irrigated garden. Maintenance service included.
Luxury bedroom suite with king bed- opens to capture air, light and ocean views
Newly remodeled king bedroom boasts 20' wood-covered ceiling, AC, ceiling fan
Travertine and clear onyx tile throughout both newly remodeled bathrooms
Casita garden patio is premier site for viewing wildlife by day; stars by night.
Queen bedroom boasts high ceilings, custom wood furniture, AC and ceiling fan
Custom built, solid teak seating graces the enormous covered 3rd story balcony
It's just a brief, 5-minute stroll from door to shore
Enjoy spectacular sunset viewing from Santa Teresa's best beach: La Lora
Secure, auto locking gate w/ remote key access for residents and guests only
Dark wood cabinetry and solid marble countertop in contemporary setting.
Rain or shine, enjoy garden view from protected, covered balcony
Outdoor garden shower for Casa Warman guests' use only
All furniture custom designed and built exclusively for Casa Warman
Green season view from casita bedroom and balcony
Spa-like fixtures and furnishings
Howler and white-face monkeys visit regularly
Bedroom opens to vast, covered balcony with spectacular ocean and jungle views
Ocean view from 3rd story balcony
5-minute stroll from front door leads to this shore; Santa Teresa's finest beach
A sign of good times ahead!
There have been visitors to this page since the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Tuesday, December 17, 2013
2 Bedroom / 2 Bathroom
Get an instant quote
Three services to protect your trip:
Protect your payments in case you need to cancel.
Guarantee the rental meets your expectations.
Ensure you're prepared in case of accidental damage.