Little Log Cabin on Nile Creek..Close to Beach & Walking Trails
You sent a message to this owner.
- Minimum stay:2 nights
- Pets considered:No
- Wheel chair accessible:No
Qualicum Beach cabin description
'The Dragonfly' on Nile Creek, perfect couples getaway. The cabin has a double bed in loft bedroom, pull-out sofa on main level, one full bathroom with tub/shower. The kitchen is well-equipped with stove, fridge, microwave, dishes, cutlery, pots & pans. All linens and towels supplied. Bring your personal care items & your groceries, and your set. Woodstove on main for those chillier evenings. TV as well as games, puzzles, cards and things for the kids. Firepit to roast those marshmallows. Not suitable for young children.
- 450 sq. ft.
- Vacation Rental
- Guests Provide Their Own Meals
- Not Suitable For Children:
- Smoking Allowed:
Bedrooms: 0 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4, Beds for 4
Bathrooms: 1 Bathroom
Kitchen & Dining
- Pantry Items:
- Coffee Maker:
- Dishes & Utensils
- Towels Provided:
- Linens Provided:
- Washing Machine:
- Hair Dryer
- Wood Stove
- Clothes Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Whether you come for the fishing, or the festivities in the summer from the street markets to the Sand Castle Competition, there is something for everyone up-island. Just the sheer beauty and peace & quiet will bring you back. Plan on skiing Mt. Washington, we are just over one hour away from ski hill....moreless
- DVD Player:
- Satellite / Cable
- Lawn / Garden:
- Deck / Patio
- Tourist Attractions
- Away From It All
Location & View
- Massage Therapist
- Freshwater Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Fly Fishing
- Recreation Center
- Winery Tours
- Health/Beauty Spa
- Botanical Garden
- Live Theater
- Scenic Drives
- Bird Watching
- The world famous Coombs Market with the live goats on the roof is a sure stop for any one staying, and very close is both Spider & Horne Lake with the Horne lake caves for those who dare to go inside. Miles of beach to explore beachcombing. The walking & biking trails just several steps from 'The Dragonfly'. Or just sit by Nile Creek at the back of the property and enjoy a good book. Try some fly fishing at the Nile Creek fly fishing school nearby. Take a 15 drive to the quaint little town of Qualicum browsing through unique shops and a amble supply of restaurants and bistros....moreless
ReviewsWrite a review
We'll Be Back !!Guest comment entered by owner
We'll Be Back !!
Weather was Sunny but chilly..one nice fall storm!! We hiked Qualicum Falls & discovered a patch of delicious chanterelle mushrooms. Went antique shopping in Coombs, and shopped for fresh vegy's, seafood, cheese and other local groceries to bring home. Evenings inside reading & enjoying the warm fire. We discovered the "Crow & Gate pub in Cedar and a quaint English-style pub off the beaten path with homemade food (quail, ribs,clams, & bread). This was a perfect get-away from the city. Cooking, carving pumpkins, & relaxing was just what we both needed. Sue & Rick were both so sweet...we'll be back !!
- Guest Chris & Cameron Vancouver,BC
- Date of stay 10/27/13
- Review Submitted 11/03/13
Thank-you for EverythingGuest comment entered by owner
Thank-you for Everything
Sunny with only 1 day of rain. Discovering the salmon running up Nile Creek, the hike up to the waterfalls is quite stunning!! We visited Quadra Island, and the Wild Pacific trail hike which we highly recommend, but the best was just right next door at Nile Creek. We took in the Tofino Bear adventure tour, was great with lots of black bears every one with two cubs. We cooked our own meals in the lovely cabin. When you are ever in the Netherlands, you can both come stay at our place!! Thanks for Everything...
- Guest Harry & Wilma.. the Netherlands
- Date of stay 09/11/13
- Review Submitted 09/26/13
A Perfect GetawayGuest comment entered by owner
A Perfect Getaway
Enjoyed the walks & travelling to local beaches & Villages. Hanging out & throwing the ball for Bailey was fun. Bought locally scallops & cooked ourselves. A perfect getaway at a very sad time for us. Sue & Rick were great.
- Guest Geoff & Mel
- Date of stay 09/06/13
- Review Submitted 09/09/13
Perfect little Log Cabin...Guest comment entered by owner
Perfect little Log Cabin...
What a great getaway..nice & quiet. A perfect little log cabin. The eggs were very nice in the morning and the fresh flowers were wonderful. Took in Horne lake caves, biked the trails, and walked along the beach. Stayed in cooked & barbecued. Can't wait to come back !!!
- Guest Brigitte & Darren
- Date of stay 08/30/13
- Review Submitted 09/03/13
The DragonflyGuest comment entered by owner
The weather was perfect for Fishing..caught four "Pinks" Salmon. Enjoyed cooking for ourselves in this fully equipped kitchen. This was a restful weekend-the cottage has a wonderful "spa" feel in a rustic setting. The eggs from the chickens were a nice surprize & the scones were Delicious!! We will be Back...
- Guest Gord & Theresa
- Date of stay 08/23/13
- Review Submitted 08/25/13
|Dates||Nightly||Wknd Night||Weekend||Weekly||Monthly *||Event|
Dec 1 - Jan 30
2 night min stay
Jun 1 - Aug 31
2 night min stay
|My Standard Rate
2 night min stay
Additional information about rental rates
At this time we accept cash or cheque only.
Two adults in cabin, each additional adult person is $15 dollars extra a night.
- Taxes Included
Always make sure to call the number on the listing to confirm payment details.
Only pay using credit card, PayPal, check or direct bank transfer. NEVER pay by cash or instant money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. Learn more
Don't forget your vacation protection! Get protected now
- Nearest Airport: Comox Airport (approx. 48 minutes away) at 53.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Ferry: Nanaimo (Departure Bay) approx. 55 minute drive at 65.2 Kilometres
- Nearest Beach: Beach is right at the far end of our road at 1 Kilometres
- Nearest Barpub: Crown & Anchor approx. 2 minutes away at 1.6 Kilometres
- Nearest Ski: Mount Washington Just over an hour away at 71 Kilometres
- Nearest Golf: Arrowsmith Golf & Country Club (10 min away) at 8.6 Kilometres
- Nearest Restaurant: Sandbar Cafe & Art Gallery (3 minutes away) at 3.2 Kilometres
Year Purchased: 2013
About the owner: Growing up in the beautiful city of Victoria and now being lucky enough to live in Qualicum has been truly a dream. This island is such a special place, how lucky we are to live on Vancouver Island. We have just purchased our home and the log cabin was a bonus. I had named it the 'Dragonfly' before even seeing the inside of the cabin. Well it was meant to be, as inside hung a beautiful glass shade with none the less a dragonfly !! I felt this little log cabin was just too cute and had to share it with visitors and friends. Hence the 'Dragonfly' is ready for quests.
Why the Owner Chose Qualicum Beach:
My husband (Rick) and I were living in Nanoose, just south of Parksville, but found we were always heading up this way to bring the dogs for a walk on the great walking trails. We would stop for lunch or a drink at one of the various restaurants or bistros. We felt so at home up this way and met some really nice people. So when our home sold, we found this gem and are truly loving it. The peace and quiet and the sound of Nile creek that surrounds the yard is enchanting.
The Unique Benefits at this Cabin:
I quite often just go in and sit in the log cabin.. it reminds me of my childhood and simpler times. We are surrounded with beautiful tall cedars, and of course the babbling creek. I just love the peace and serenity here, as I am sure you will. The beach at one end of our road and a great hiking trail a stones throw from our yard, it just doesn't get any better.
- Primary: 778-424-9122
- Click Here to see All My Rental Listings
Good supply of dishes, glasses, cutlery, coffee-maker, coffee grinder etc.
Kitchen stove, fridge& microwave.
View from loft bedroom
One of the gates to the 'Fairy Garden'
Shhh..don't wake the fairies !!!
Bike & walking trail up to Fish Hatchery..just a few steps from 'The Dragonfly
Our Bailey at one of the many ponds on the walking trail up to fish hatchery.
Sitting area/dining area
Kitchen window at back of cabin.
Double bed in loft..
Bathroom with tub, shower, washer & dryer
Firepit for roasting those marshmallows or smores !!
Great spot with your morning coffee.. or relax & read a book
The fairy garden.. See how many fairies you can spot in the garden.
Fisherman on the beach, Fly fishing a popular sport here.
Nice place for a short stop on the trail...
'The Dragonfly'.. Little Log Cabin Creekside
There have been visitors to this page since
the counter was last reset in .
This listing was first published here in 2013.
Date last modified - Monday, November 25, 2013